Everyone Has Secrets

My Disorder is You

Taeyeon sat in her car at the university gate where Hara was supposedly going to school. Never before had she cancel her appointments to do something silly like this but she made a promise to Jessica and getting Hara’s story would be good for Taeyeon to help Jessica recover. Yet, Jessica was always making problems and today it was the fact that she had to cancel a few of her appointments. Jessica wasn’t her only patient even though it felt like it since Jessica walked into her office.

Taeyeon shut off the engine when she saw the girl exiting the gate. Quickly she ran towards the girl, “Hara?”

The girl turned towards Taeyeon, “Oh you were with Jessie last time right?”

“Ah yea. Umm I know we don’t know each other but can we talk if you have time?”

Hara looked at her watch and then back at Taeyeon, “Do you mind if we go somewhere that has food? I had to skip lunch for a class.”

“Oh of course! There are some places to the right I think.”

Hara laughed at Taeyeon who was trying to lead the way. Of course she knew all the places around the university since she has attended for almost a year now.

 

The two girls were situated at a table after Taeyeon wiped down her chair with a wet-cloth and had the waiter replace the table cloth with a new one. Hara didn’t say anything while Taeyeon did her things but watched the girl carefully. Her eyes never left Taeyeon. “Okay. I think that will do.”

“So what did you want to talk about umm…what was your name again?”

“Taeyeon.”

“So you are the girl Jessica is dating now? Are you younger than her?”

Taeyeon chuckled, “Ah that is why I wanted to see you. I am actually not dating Jessica. Just a friend of hers.”

“Why did you lie to me then about being her girlfriend?”

“Jessica said she had some problems with you in the past and I just wanted to help Jessica. I kind of let the word slip.”
Hara raked her hands through her hair, “Is she still bent up over what happened in high school?”

“A little bit. She had to repeat the grade and all.”

Hara sighed, “She didn’t need to repeat the grade. I am not sure why she didn’t ask her parents to just make a donation to the school so she could graduate. That is what my family did for me.”

“What exactly happened?”

“You said you were Jessica’s friend, why not ask her?”

“I am actually friends with her parents and I believe there are two sides to every story.”

“Yea I am sure she wouldn’t want to tell you everything right? Well…I should start with what happened a few days before.”

 

~Hara’s (POV) Story from 1 Year Ago~

 

Student council activities ended early so I went to call my driver to pick me up. Before I could make the call, Jessica came up from behind me and slapped me on the back. “Hara heading home?”

“Yea of course.”

“Did you want to come to my place instead? My parents have been complaining that they haven’t seen you over in ages.”

“Probably because we have that term paper worth most of our grade due soon.”

Jessica laughed, “I can’t believe you are still working on that.”

“You finished it already?”

“Of course! Like you said, it is worth most of our grade.”

I looked at my watch, “I have to get something from my locker first. I will meet you outside in 10 minutes. I miss your parents too.”

“Sure thing. I will call my parents that you are coming.”

With that, Jessica waved me good bye as I headed towards my locker. I was glad that the student council didn’t give me any extra work that night so I put the binders in my locker and took my history book. I already knew Jessica was inviting me over to help her study for the test we have in 3 days for that class but she always invited me over as if it was just for dinner.

After getting my books, I walked down the hallway towards the exit of the building when my eyes caught the sight of something. Jessica was with one of our juniors. I saw the junior give Jessica some papers but then I saw Jessica give the girl a kiss on the lips and say, “Thanks babe. I owe you one.” I was in shock knowing Jessica was a lesbian so I quickly ran out of the building.

I tried to compose my beating heart before Jessica came, “Hara!”

“Oh Jessica…” I looked down while Jessica was approaching because the scene of her kissing another girl kept flashing in my mind. I mean sometimes you know a person and then they have a secret like that.

Jessica didn’t live far from school so we quickly arrived. Like always we went up to Jessica’s room first to drop off our stuff. Not long after we arrived, Jessica’s mom asked her to come down stairs quick, “Hara just make yourself at home. I will be back soon. I want to review my history notes before dinner.”

I nodded knowing Jessica would like to study before eating. She always became tired after food so she had trouble studying after eating. After Jessica left, curiosity got the best of me. I needed to know what that girl gave Jessica so I carefully opened Jessica’s backpack and saw the folder that Jessica received. Afraid Jessica would come back, I opened the folder slightly to just read the title. Right then I knew it was the term paper but the title looked similar to the one I had for mine, but I couldn’t look further when Jessica came back up stairs.

“Hara did you want to cake or ice cream for dessert? My dad wants to know since he is at the store.”

I flashed Jessica a smile, “you know it is cake. I love cake.”

She smiled back, “good I told him the right order. So did you want to start studying for history?”

“Oh yea…I brought my book.” Since we were busy, I decided to toss away the thoughts that Jessica might cheat on the term paper. It didn’t seem like she would so I let it go.

 

A few days later, we had the term paper to turn in so I turned mine in while Jessica turned hers in. The day was nearly coming to an end when Jessica and I were both called to the office. The teacher said one of us clearly plagiarized. Our papers were too similar and such. If one of us didn’t confess, then we both would receive zeros in the class.

I mean that is about all of the story. I graduated because my mom made a donation to the school and I guess Jessica didn’t. That is the end of the story. I am not sure what happened to Jessica after that incident.

 

~End of Hara’s Story~

 

Taeyeon looked at Hara who didn’t show any facial indications, “I see. Well thanks for telling me.”

“Oh well. I have a class soon so I should get going.” Hara stood up suddenly.

Taeyeon started to get up, “that is fine. Thanks again.” Hara didn’t respond to Taeyeon but left the restaurant. After paying the bill, Taeyeon made her way back to her car before her phone rang, “hello?”

“Tae it is Soo. I need you to go to Jessica’s school right now.”

“Huh? Why me?”

“Her parents are on vacation and you left the office in my care for now. Just go and see why she is in the principal’s office.”

“Do I have to?”

“Yes! Now go.”

Taeyeon sighed before hanging up the phone. Irritated, Taeyeon slammed her car door while she made her way to Jessica’s school. It took a while for her to find the principal’s office but Taeyeon finally made it. “I am here to see about Ms. Jung?”

“Are you the temporary guardian Ms. Kim?” Asked the secretary.

“Yes that is me. Where is she?”

“She is currently in the infirmary.”

“Is..is she okay?” Taeyeon’s voice was shaking from worry.

“I think you should talk about that with the principal. He is waiting to see you.”

Taeyeon opened the door to the office and entered, “Ms. Kim I presume?”

“Ah yes.”

The kind older man gestured towards the chair, “you may take a seat.”

Taeyeon played with her fingers nervously, “I prefer to stand.”

He looked at her in surprise, “okay do as you like.”

“Umm what is wrong with Jessica?”

“Jessica sent another girl to the infirmary today.”

“What? I thought Jessica was in the infirmary too?”

“Ah well it seems like both were fighting. Jessica has a cut above her head and some bruises on her hand. The other girl’s face looked like it was beaten badly.”

“You think Jessica did this?”

“There weren’t any witnesses per se but that is what we believe to have happened. Both parties will be held responsible for this but this isn’t Jessica’s first time so we need to reprimand her more than the other girl.”

“So you are just going to hand down a punishment when you don’t know who started it?!”

“Ms. Kim does it matter? Both were fighting!”

Taeyeon sighed, “What do you want to do with Jessica?”

“I was told you were her therapist so I would like to request that she continues to do therapy with you to control her anger. Also she will have mandatory cleaning duties on weekends in school. Lastly, I can’t prevent this from going on her record.”

“Is it possible to not have this go on her record?”

“Ms. Kim I am not sure if that is possible.”

Taeyeon knew this wouldn’t be good for Jessica, “Can you please reconsider. I mean she would have a hard time getting into college if it does.”

“I am aware of that but…”

“Isn’t it your job to help students get into university?!”

“It is but Ms. Kim…”
Taeyeon was getting angry, “Then why are you blocking Jessica’s dream!”

“Ms. Kim please calm down. We try our best but Jessica is making it difficult on herself.”

“If she finishes her therapy, can you reconsider? I know Jessica wants to get into university. Also she is top of her class! She should get in.”

The principal sighed, “I will agree if Jessica doesn’t do this the rest of the school year.”

Taeyeon’s eyes brightened, “Thank you! Now where can I get Jessica?”

“The secretary will take you there.”
 

Jessica sat in Taeyeon’s car in silence until she decided to talk, “You aren’t going to ask why?”

Taeyeon sighed before pulling the car over and looking at Jessica, “Does the principal hate you?”

“Huh?” That wasn’t the response Jessica was expecting from Taeyeon, “I don’t think so. Why?”

“I just have a feeling he doesn’t like you. I mean he acted so rude and inconsiderate of your future. I mean he is…” Taeyeon groaned in frustration while she leaned back in her seat.

Jessica started laughing, “Are you concerned for me now?”

“Of course! I mean…”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in confusion, “really? Why?”

Taeyeon looked at Jessica but her eyes got distracted by the cut that was covered on Jessica’s forehead. Instinctively, Taeyeon reached up as if to touch the wound, “does it hurt?”

Jessica started blushing while she backed away before Taeyeon could touch her, “a little.”

Taeyeon retracted her hand, “Why do you always have to make me worried about you?”

 

 

 


Author's Note

I know what you readers are thinking, 'is Hara's story true?' My answer is, keep reading haha. I will put the pieces together for you eventually. Also, I have been ignoring Taeyeon and Tiffany's problems and focusing on Jessica so I am thinking of a reapperance of Tiffany the next chapter (in case you were missing her).

I am getting so many upvotes that I can't keep up on who gives them to me so Thank You! Also, looks like this story might get 300 subscribers so you have one happy author these days!