While You Are Away

My Disorder is You

~2Weeks Ago~

Jessica sat outside at a table while she waited for the girl she called to arrive. The girl was late so Jessica continued to look at her watch when she wasn’t sipping her drink, “Jessica! Sorry I am late.”

Jessica looked up to see an exhausted girl leaning on the chair opposite of her, “No worries…I wasn’t here long really.”

The girl sat down across from Jessica as she put her purse on the chair next to her, “So why did you want to meet me?”

Jessica looked down at her drink while playing with the straw, “Umm it is about Taeyeon…”

The girl leaned on her elbows, “Is something wrong with her?”

Jessica looked up in surprise, “Oh no! I ah mean there is just something that is bothering me.”

“Well you can ask me anything since she and I knew each other for a long time.”

“You see… well…I am leaving for America in two weeks and I am a bit worried about her being with out me for several months. She and Tiffany don’t really get along and I am afraid something might happen now that they are working together.” Jessica looked back down at her hands, “I am not sure if this is too much to ask of you Sunny, but I feel like I can entrust Taeyeon to you while I am gone.”

Sunny smiled as she reached out to Jessica’s hands, “You have nothing to worry about while you are away. I will make sure those two won’t bite each other’s head off.”

Jessica gave a sigh of relief, “Thanks Sunny…I feel much better knowing you are around.”

Sunny gave Jessica’s hand a reassuring squeeze, “Just enjoy your time in America.”

 

~Present~

Taeyeon looked at Sunny with her eyebrow cocked, “She met you?”

Sunny smiled, “Of course. She is just worried about you and Tiffany.”

Taeyeon sighed, “That girl needs to just focus on her studies than me.”

“I can tell she is hardheaded but she does care about you a lot Tae.”

“I know…. It is just….”

The conversation was interrupted by Nichkhun, “Hey girls this is where you were. Tiffany was getting worried. Is everything okay?’’

Taeyeon looked back at Sunny before facing Nichkhun, “It is fine. We should go back and finish our dessert.” Sunny nodded before following Nichkhun and Taeyeon back to the dining room.

The rest of the dinner went on normally with chat about common friends and their work. Taeyeon wasn’t normally talkative but she found herself chatting and laughing the most at this dinner. She forgot how funny Nichkhun was, how Tiffany knew all the gossip with friends, and how Sunny knew all the recent events; it made dinner very enjoyable.

Tiffany handed Taeyeon a box of leftovers, “I know you liked the vegetables so I packed all the extras for you. Drive safe home.”

Taeyeon smiled at Nichkhun and Tiffany, “Thanks for having me.”

Nichkhun smiled brightly, “Please come over any time. It was fun. You too Sunny.”

Sunny turned to face the couple, “I am sure you will see me often. See you.”

Taeyeon and Sunny walked down the steps together, “Tiffany and Nichkhun seem like a good couple.”

Sunny nodded as they continued to walk to her car, “I am glad Tiffany has him too. She really has no other friends other than the ones she had in high school.”

“What about all those girls in college she knew?”

“Not sure. I just know she relies on me to keep her company most times. You should give her a chance too. Two lonely people shouldn’t wallow separately but be happy together.” Sunny reached in her purse and unlocked her car door, “well you take care Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon gave a weak smile, “Thanks you too.” Taeyeon was lost in her thoughts as she thought about Sunny’s words. Was there still a reason to hate the girl still? Past is past right?

 

-----------------------------

 

Nichkhun looked at Tiffany after closing the door, “I thought you hated my n guts after the divorce.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at the man who plopped down on her couch, “Yea well you are still an a-hole, but I might hate you a bit less for helping me.”

Nichkhun scoffed, “Well I hate you a bit more by threatening me if I didn’t act like your adoring husband.”

Tiffany gave a sly smile, “Yea well you should stop flirting with every girl you see so I don’t have things to threaten you with.”

 

----------------------------------


Taeyeon took off her shoes carefully and limed them at the door before putting the leftovers in her fridge. She then went to her bedroom to get ready for bed as the excitement from seeing so many people made her very tired. She let the water run hover her body while her thoughts went back to Sunny’s words. She thought she should give Tiffany a chance but Jessica’s words also echoed in her head how Taeyeon should not trust her. Torn between two decisions, but she chose to follow one.

 

The next day Taeyeon felt tired as she had another hard night of sleeping since her worries were always consuming her mind. When she felt overwhelmed, she found herself scrubbing her hands 24 times, washing her face 5 times, putting on lotion twice and brushing her hair into a very perfect bun. Then she found herself re-ironing her clothes and adding more starch. All of that made her feel a little better. She didn’t feel hungry so she just packed a lunch and left for work.

Work for Taeyeon was normal. She had 5 patients, 2 visits from Tiffany and 0 calls from Jessica before lunch time. However lunch was not very normal. She packed her normal sandwich but instead of her carrot sticks, she chose to eat the leftovers Tiffany gave her. Of course she could have left those vegetables at home and had them for dinner but last night her taste buds where screaming for joy from the amazing flavor of these vegetables. Taeyeon was craving these vegetables since last night so she chose to have them for lunch today than at supper time.

 

Taeyeon went to her desk and opened her lunch to start eating. Normally she would reach for her sandwich first but those leftover vegetables were just too tempting and she took a bite of those first. It didn’t take long for her to smile from the wonderful tastes dancing in , but it only took a second longer for her eyes to widen as start closing. It took another two seconds for Taeyeon to call Tiffany into her office before she collapsed on her desk. Then it took 10 minutes for the ambulance to arrive and then another 2.63 hours until Taeyeon’s eyes opened.

“You’re awake!?”

The room was still fuzzy but she could see who it was, “What about work?”

The girl slapped Taeyeon’s arm, “Yah! I hear my best friend is in the hospital and you expect me to be at work?”

“Yah! Soo what kind of friend are you if you hit a patient?”

“The caring kind.”

Taeyeon felt a bit better so she started to sit up in her bed, “So why are you here?”

Sooyoung sat back in chair a bit, “Tiffany called me. She called for the ambulance when she saw you passed out but she couldn’t leave your work since there were patients in the office and she had to manage cancellations for the day. She didn’t want you to be alone when you awoke so she called me.”

“Why Tiffany?”

Sooyoung sighed, “I told you before she has changed. You should really cut her some slack.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Sunny told me that too.”

“Then you should start listening to your friends.”

“I do listen to you but Jessica doesn’t like it when I am with Tiffany. I don’t want her to worry while I am away…. That means staying away from Tiffany.”

“Well Jessica doesn’t know Tiffany like me and Sunny, and you can see for yourself that she is different. I think Jessica’s wrong this time.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes back to look at the ceiling, “Maybe Tiffany has changed…”

Sooyoung leaned on the bed, “I take it you won’t tell Jessica about this hospital visit too?”

“I think there are some things she can find out about later…. Including this hospital visit.”

 

 

 


 

Author’s Note:

As some know, I also submit my taengsic fanfics to Soshified and well one fic got nominated to be the best fanfic for 2014. I never expected any of my fics to get nominated to be honest but ''My Disorder is You'' is on that list.