I Am Unclean

My Disorder is You

Jessica took out a wet wipe from her bag before taking Taeyeon’s hands and wiping the dirt off, “You know you should give your lover flowers as a birthday gift.”

Taeyeon smiled when she saw the caring action Jessica was giving her now, “I didn’t know what you wanted and they looked pretty.”

Jessica finished cleaning Taeyeon up before looking her into her eyes, “You didn’t have to get me anything.”

“But we are friends. I wanted to.”

Jessica laughed, “Who says we are friends.”

“Why do you keep saying that? What is so wrong with being friends with me?”

“Why are you so persistent in being friends with me? I am dangerous remember?”

“And you clearly called me a freak earlier. What is wrong with a dangerous delinquent and a weird therapist being friends? Sounds perfect!”

Jessica laughed, “You make it sound so easy to just have a friend.”

Taeyeon cocked her head, “Isn’t it?”

“Humm making friends can be easy I admit but what happens after that? How can you be sure they stay that way? What if one day they just turn on you? I mean you should know about that.”

Taeyeon was disappointed at Jessica for having that mindset. It made it seem like all the time they spent together was not progressing. Jessica still was at a broken road she refused to cross even though the road had been fixed. Why was she unable to see that the road wasn’t broken like she thought? “Do you want to tell me more about it? I know you are not talking about Hara right now.”

“What if I was?”

“Because you said ‘friends’ and not ‘friend’. What do you want to hide from me so much?”

“I am not hiding…” Jessica mumbled.

“I think you are. Why do you want to hide it from me? Is it because I might look at you differently?” Jessica swallowed hard when Taeyeon guessed her reason for not sharing. How could she face Taeyeon after she found out her secret? She was starting to admit that Taeyeon was already more than a friend in her eyes but there was no way her pride would admit that to the girl. “Sooyeon…”

Jessica’s eyes shot up fiercely when she heard her name, “Why did you call me that?”

“It is your name isn’t it? Jung Sooyeon. Why do you go by Jessica these days?”

“None of your business!”

“Sooyeon!”

“Stop calling me that!”

“But it is your name!”

“I don’t know her! That girl is dead!”

Taeyeon saw Jessica crying so she quickly calmed her voice, “She isn’t. She is right here with me and I want her to stop hiding behind the girl named Jessica.”

Jessica quickly wiped her tears away, “I am not hiding….”

“Then why can’t Sooyeon be the one I talk to? This Jessica girl is a little hard-headed these days.”

Jessica gave a silent giggle as Taeyeon spoke about her, “I decided to put Sooyeon in my past.”

“Then can you tell me what happened to Sooyeon that she should stay there?”

“No…”

Taeyeon finally saw Jessica breaking down. Just a little bit more and she could get Jessica to finally open the door for her. Taeyeon placed her hand on Jessica’s arm, “you know there is nothing you can say that will make me go away. I mean I am a freak and you chose to stay with me, why can’t I do the same?”

“Because…they left. They left Sooyeon.”

“Did they return to Jessica?”

“No.”

“Right now I am here. I am here with Jessica. Why can’t I be with Sooyeon too?”

Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand off her, “Why can’t you just stay with Jessica?”

Those words pierced Taeyeon in the heart, “Because there is more to Jessica than what I see right now. Because I know Jessica doesn’t want to carry the burden alone anymore. Because I know I will never leave Jessica no matter how dark her past is. Because right now I know Sooyeon would make me like Jessica more.”

Jessica wasn’t sure if she heard it right. It kind of sounded like a confession but she shook it off that the older girl was just a friend…a very caring friend, “You promise not to run?”

“I promise.”

“This is like an extended birthday gift?”

Taeyeon laughed, “how could you even give friendship as a gift? Friendship is more than that.”

“You mentioned abuse before?” Taeyeon just nodded her head. “After Hara and I were caught cheating, almost all my friends left me calling me a cheater and said I only got my good grades from taking from others. Somehow Hara made all of my friends side with her and I took the blame for everything. I could see the teachers even started to believe this lie and always questioned my work and exam grades when I did well. I mean I always did well in school, why did they start questioning it all of a sudden? But that wasn’t the end of it. New rumors came out when the cheating ones died down.” Jessica took a huge breath.

Taeyeon saw the uneasiness in Jessica’s eyes so she placed her hand on the small of Jessica’s back, “It is okay. I am right here.”

Jessica continued, “The new rumors were about me being a lesbian. I mean they were right. I had a girlfriend at the time. My girlfriend was a year younger than us so I thought they couldn’t find out.” Taeyeon saw Jessica’s eyes light up when she started going on about her past girlfriend, “I loved her. I really did but these rumors tore us apart. Like me, my girlfriend was a very bright student and she would help me do simple corrections on papers and such because her grammar was impeccable but they made us part. She and I didn’t want our parents to find out but with these rumors, it would only be a matter of time for that news to spread to them. Although we didn’t want to part, we did.”

“Do you know who started all these rumors?”

“Not really. I just know that the rumors didn’t stop with just talk. Suddenly I was getting bullied verbally and then physically. I bore it though because the school year was ending and most of those who bullied me were in my grade and ready to graduate.”

“Did you talk to your parents or the police about this?”

Jessica laughed, “And have them turn on me too? I mean those girls even marked me so I would never forget.” Taeyeon watched as Jessica lifted her sleeve to show 6 slashes on her arm, “they represent the 6 colors in the LGBT flag so I would never forget how dirty I was.”

Taeyeon’s heart broke and was close to tears when she saw the scars on Jessica. She knew Jessica was carring mental scars but the physical ones were ones that couldn’t just go away. They would always be attached to her whether Jessica wanted to make them disappear or not. “I know…”

Jessica looked up to Taeyeon in surprise, “Know what?”

“I know who did this. The bullying and the rumors. I know.”

“How would you know but I didn’t?”

“Sooyoung and I looked around and found some of your former classmates. We asked them what happened and they opened up about the bullying and rumors.”

“So you already knew?”

“I am sorry for hiding it from you that I knew but I really didn’t know it was this bad.” Taeyeon looked over to the scars on Jessica’s arm before Jessica quickly covered them, “Hara.”

“Hara? She would never…I mean I could understand the cheating rumors from her but why the others?”

“Do you know a Gyuri and Seungyeon?”

“Of course. They were Hara’s best friends.”

“Sooyoung went to talk to them and told Sooyoung that Hara caught you with your girlfriend one night. Also that Hara is very homophobic.”

“I didn’t know Hara knew about me and my girlfriend…wait homophobic?”

“Yea. We didn’t believe this at first so we looked into it more. Before you knew Hara, there was an incident at her one of her old schools that she used to bully a boy who she believed was that way. Eventually the boy transferred and Hara’s mother covered the incident but there are always people willing to talk.”

Jessica turned to look Taeyeon directly in her eyes, “What about you?”

“Huh? Me?”

“Are you disgusted by me like Hara?”

“Why would I be?”

“Well you know…I mean don’t I make you uncomfortable knowing I am the way I am and am so close to you right now?”

Taeyeon laughed, “Are you scared of me?”

“Why would I be?”

“Because I am just like you? Do I make you uncomfortable?” Taeyeon leaned in seductively.

“You are?” Jessica started backing away nervously.

“Tiffany. She and I never dated but I knew I liked her more than friends. It was wrong but I couldn’t control it.”

“No wonder…”

“What?”

“I mean with you and Tiffany. I knew she wasn’t just a friend when I saw you throw the furniture and I mean look at you now. She totally tainted you.”

“Well look who’s talking Miss Jessica.”

Jessica laughed, “What do we do now?”

Taeyeon hesitantly reached out to Jessica who didn’t back away and pulled up her sleeve. Carefully, Taeyeon wiped her hand over the scars, “First. We will make these disappear.” Then Taeyeon moved her hand over to Jessica’s heart, “After that, we will heal this.”

Jessica’s whole body was tingling from every touch Taeyeon gave her, “What about you?” Repeating Taeyeon’s actions, Jessica put her hand on Taeyeon’s heart, “Yours is broken too.”

With hands on each other’s hearts they just looked at each other not knowing yet that it would be together that their hearts would heal.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note

Umm yea. Your author could have made a long update witht the previous but I was in a hurry to upload that one before this so you get a double update!!

And I did a poll for fun since you know what happened to Jessica now (but still leave me comments!!!!):