Battle of One

My Disorder is You

A soft knock echoed on the door causing Jessica to stop looking at the device in her hand to answer it. As she opened the door, she noticed a man similar to Taeyeon’s age with of sincerity and passion, “Hi I am officer Lee Jin-ki, you called about the case regarding Kim Taeyeon?”

“Ah yes. I found something strange in the living room.” Jessica was about to lead the man in but she quickly bent down to straighten his shoes, “Gosh...Tae you are rubbing off on me in strange ways.”

“So it is this here?”

Jessica quickly went over to the officer who had already made his way to the living room, “Yes, I found it up there.”

Lee Jin-ki looked up to the location, “Have you looked to see if there were more?”

“No I haven’t, you came rather fast.”

The officer put down his case and took out what looked like a high-tech wand, “This will detect things such as bugs that may have been planted here. I am going to sweep the place and search for other cameras like this one.”

Jessica nodded at the gadgets in the case he had. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long until Jessica heard the beeping from the wand, “The phone?”

Lee Jin-ki rubbed his temple, “I think all the phone lines have been tapped and a few bugs were placed in hidden places. Do you know why someone would bug Taeyeon’s place and put up cameras?”

“No...I don’t.” Suddenly Jessica felt very uncomfortable in Taeyeon’s home of solitude. Before, this apartment was one place she felt the safest, but it turns out, that someone wanted to invade on their private affairs.

“Jessica do you mind accompanying me to the police station for a statement? I am going to call a crew in here to debug the place and track down the location of these items.”

Jessica nodded and went to get her things to leave, “Oh...can you make sure your men take off their shoes before entering?”

Jin-ki looked at Jessica curiously, “Uh sure...” The officer may not know what that was all about but Jessica liked that the man agreed to her request for the sake of her OCD girlfriend.

 

---------------------

 

Sooyoung and Sunny made their way to the airport and were waiting on the arrival of two people for Los Angeles to arrive, “They should be here by now...”

Sooyoung put her hand on Sunny’s back to calm her down, “Just hold in there a bit longer. They will be here.” The two girls waited for a while until Sooyoung spotted the older couple, “Mr. and Mrs. Hwang!”

The older couple looked over to the girl waving their direction, “Oh Tiffany’s friend!” Sooyoung received a huge hug from the older couple before their attention turned to the shorter girl next to her, “Oh...is this little Sunny?”

Sunny nodded and hugged the parents of her best friend, “It has been a long time.”

The older couple were so happy to see the girls that they almost forgot why they were here for the visit in the first place, “How about we get you two settled in the hotel before we go over to the hospital. Taeyeon is there too.”

Mrs. Hwang let Sunny take her bag while they made their way to the car outside that was being driven by Sooyoung’s chauffer, “Oh I miss that Taeyeon girl. She was always so nice to our Tiffany.”

“Well like I was saying before, Tiffany is having an episode similar to what happened with Sunny...but this time with Taeyeon.”

The mood in the car suddenly got very serious as the topic at hand was finally brought up, “Don’t worry Sooyoung. We will make sure that nothing like that happens again.”

“Well the thing is that it has already happened and Tiffany is looking at doing more damage if we can’t get everything under control right now.”

Mr. and Mrs. Hwang nodded in agreement, “Are you okay now Sunny?”

Sunny gave out a nervous laugh, “The past is past right?”

 

Sunny was hanging out with a new crowd the last year of high school since the embarrassing confession she gave to her best friend, but she was thankful that one of her friends, Tiffany Hwang stuck with her. She knew the girl was still friends with Taeyeon and Sooyoung, her former best friends, but Tiffany was always there for her when the bad times came.

Unfortunately for Sunny, there were many ‘bad’ times in high school since she had left her other friends. There was the time that a group of bullies from another school found out that she was associated with her current ‘bully’ friends and decided to attack the ‘new girl’ but then there was Tiffany. She was with Sunny to take the hits and fight them off. Eventually, Sunny’s ‘new’ friends came and provided backup but they were not the first to be there...it was Tiffany.

Most of the times when Tiffany came to help could be considered insignificant to most but to Sunny they were classic signs that Tiffany was the caring friend she always needed. Whether it was loaning lunch money, providing an umbrella, or borrowing books, it was always Tiffany who came to help. Yet...there was something off by the time collage was about to hit.

Sunny already dreamed of becoming a writer and wanted to attend a university that was quite far from Tiffany’s choice of university. For some reason, all the letters from the school would go missing or calls and messages would get deleted related to that school. Tiffany was also...always around. Sunny would want to meet one friend but that plan would mysteriously get cancelled and Tiffany would happen to be there to hang out with instead. This lead Sunny to reach out to Sooyoung again but Tiffany had to be present during their meetings so Sunny didn’t have much time to talk to Sooyoung about private matters regarding Tiffany.

Going behind a friend’s back is not something Sunny wanted to do but she had to if she wanted the things regarding Tiffany to stop. Secret meetings started with Sooyoung and a secret admittance into a university in Australia was set up thanks to Sooyoung. If Sunny couldn’t escape Tiffany, Tiffany would never disappear from her life. Well that was the thought behind this grand plan but Tiffany still had money and still knew where Sunny was.

It was summer break and Sunny had to stay in Australia for part of her courses...yet Tiffany was there at her door. Being a good friend, Sunny welcomed her in with open arms again but yet again, strange things happened.

One being Sunny losing her dorm keys, causing the two to stay at Tiffany’s hotel for most of the stay. Sunny always lost her phone during that stay and had virtually no contact with classmates until she came to the class. That made it difficult for Sunny to know if class was cancelled or not which was often it seemed. During Tiffany’s 2 week stay, class was cancelled for various reasons 5 times causing the two ‘friends’ to have more time together. Very unusual indeed. Unusual enough for Sunny to call upon Sooyoung again and discuss if something needed to be done.

The first thing the girls decided to do was call Tiffany’s parents about the matter. The first thing the Hwangs told the two girls was that Tiffany was thought to be in Korea during summer break. They had no idea that she went to Australia. Sooyoung and Sunny didn’t know exactly what happened between Tiffany and her parents but Sunny had a peaceful school career after that. Of course she still heard from Tiffany and even went to her wedding but no more surprise trips to Australia and that made life more peaceful for Sunny. Thinking everything was settled, Sooyoung and Sunny just pushed Tiffany’s actions aside thinking she was just overly interested in Sunny but they left it at that.

“Don’t worry Sunny, we won’t let the past to come back. I am thankful that Sooyoung chose to call us about this again.” Mr. Hwang stated.

---------------------

Jessica was still at the police station with the officer after giving her statement. She wanted to stay behind and help identify any potential suspects from the camera and bugging devices that were recovered. Of course Jessica had a need to return to Taeyeon but she had already sent the girl a message saying she would be over a bit later than expected. As an attentive girlfriend, Taeyeon sent a quick message back saying to ‘take her time’ because she needed rest.

“So we traced the stream to two separate addresses. Do you recognize any of these places?”

Jessica stopped looking at the message from her girlfriend and returned her attention back to the officer. Looking at the screen she noticed the one address looked familiar, “That can’t be right?”

The officer looked at Jessica curiously, “So you know this place?”

“I am not sure of the other one but this one I am sure of. And I am pretty sure we can find her with Taeyeon.”

The officer took down the notes from Jessica’s insight in to the matter, “Okay. I will gather some officers and we will make an arrest. Is that alright with you Jessica?”

Jessica stood up and took her jacket, “I am just going to see my girlfriend...you just do your job.”

-----------------------

A small click of the door made Taeyeon grin widely, “Forget something Sooyeon?” Seeing who actually came through the door made her frown instantly, “What are you doing here Tiffany?”

Tiffany walked into the hospital room towards the bed, “Where did everyone go? I thought Jessica was always around?”

Taeyeon sighed, “She had to leave to get a few things for me. She will be back quick.”

Tiffany started to make her way towards Taeyeon to hold out a thermos, “I made a nutritious drink to help with your recovery.”

Taeyeon looked at the thermos curiously, “I am fine. I can try it later when I have an appetite.”

“Aww come on Taeyeon, I know it is tasty you can just tell from the smell.” Tiffany opened the thermos and let Taeyeon smell it but that caused Taeyeon to pass out instantly. The younger girl smirked as she sealed up the thermos with the toxin inside. Tiffany then went to the bedside and decided to lay next to the girl that was passed out, “You know you are so cute when you are completely helpless.” The girl took her hand to trace the older girl’s facial features and force a kiss on Taeyeon’s kissable lips, “Don’t worry, I will make sure you have a nice comfortable recovery...with me.”

A beep from Taeyeon’s phone caught her attention so she got off the bed to read the message. With a quick reply, Tiffany powered off Taeyeon’s phone and placed it into a bag of other essential items for their little trip together. Freedom with the other girl in tow was in Tiffany’s grasp as she helped the girl into a wheelchair carefully so she could exit this hospital with her property.

“Tiffany....why is Taeyeon in a wheelchair?”

Tiffany looked up quickly at Sooyoung, Sunny, and her parents in the doorway, “Ummm...she has a test.”

The two girls decided to slowly approach Tiffany, “Tiffany, Taeyeon has no tests today and if she did, the nurses would be here to help. So answer me truthfully, why is Taeyeon in a wheelchair?”

Tiffany’s resolve was close to breaking as she saw her parents looking very worried at her...a sight very similar to years past, “You can’t have her! She is mine!” Tiffany decided to make a break for it and started running with Taeyeon towards the door but Sooyoung and Sunny were quick to intervene. Sooyoung went to stop Taeyeon and make sure she didn’t fall out of the chair and cause more injuries to her already delicate body while Sunny went to take out Tiffany.

Tiffany’s parents came towards Sunny who had immobilized Tiffany by holding her down, “Tiffany, we are just trying to help. You know like before.”

“You aren’t sending me back to that hell!” Tiffany was in tears as she tried resisting Sunny.

With the help of Mr. Hwang, Sunny got Tiffany back up while Mrs. Hwang went to help Sooyoung with Taeyeon and make sure the girl was not to be harmed with Tiffany’s resistance.

“I am sorry baby girl but we have to.” Mr. Hwang pleaded but his daughter still tried thrashing around to have Sunny and him release her.

“I told you I am not going! I would rather die than go back!”

--------------------------

Jessica and a few officers made it to the hospital and Jessica helped lead the boys up to Taeyeon’s room. Thinking everything was okay and her girlfriend was napping, Jessica was surprised to hear, “I told you I am not going! I would rather die than go back!”

Officer Jin-ki also heard the painful cry of a girl in the room so he quickly ran into the room with guns at the ready, “Alright everyone down!”

The crowd of people in the room ceased their actions with the arrival of police officers. Mrs. Hwang and Sooyoung had Taeyeon back in the bed while Mr. Hwang and Sunny still had their hold on Tiffany who was crying her eyes out.

“I am here for miss Sunny Lee. She is under arrest for the murder of Mr. Nichkhun Horvejkul, predisposition for the killing of Ms. Kim Taeyeon, privacy violations against Ms. Kim Taeyeon....” While the officer stated the rest of the charges, Sunny was placed under arrest as the rest of the group in the room watched in disbelief for who was getting arrested.

 

 


Author's Note

Well it is my bias's birthday so I have treats for you of course (despite being very ill all week). One being this long awaited chapter, two is giving you the news that I compiled all my oneshots in A Daydreamer's Tales (Taengsic one-shot collection), and third is that there will be another one-shot added to that collection sometime during the day of Taeyeon's birthday.

Happy Birthday my Taengoo!!!