My Angel

My Disorder is You

“Dyke!” Jessica looked up and saw water cover her face. Jessica started coughing as some of the water got into before wiping the water off her eyes so she could see. She looked up to see a group of girls laughing at her while some others just looked away.

“Great...” Jessica started to make her way to the bathroom to dry off but someone pushed her and she slipped down the stairs. Luckily there were only about 5 steps until the landing but Jessica managed to bruise her wrist and scrape her knee. She looked up and saw Hara laughing with her ‘new’ friends. Tears threatened to fall, but it wasn’t due to the pain in her wrist and knee, but in her heart. Someone she trusted like a sister was up there threatening to tear her apart from the inside out. How easily someone could change without reason....

 

Jessica shot up from her bed in a hot sweat. She put her hand on her forehead and wiped away some of the residual sweat, “...I thought those dreams stopped.” Not wanting to wake her roommate, Jessica took a sweater and put it on before slipping on some sandals to go out of the dorm and get some fresh air.

The campus was pretty safe so she just walked around the confines of the campus. She looked at the buildings that were illuminated dimly by the lights that lined the walkways. The night was brisk but it felt nice to get out of her stifling room and thoughts that lingered from her past. Jessica took out her phone to look at the time, “2:22am....” She looked through her phone but her hand froze over a familiar number, “She is probably sleeping...” Another heavy sigh came from Jessica before she pocketed her phone and looked up towards the sky, “I wish my thoughts could as clear as the night sky...”

 

-------------------

 

*Achoo!* Taeyeon sniffled before heading out her office towards Sooyoung, “Was that the last one?”

Sooyoung looked at her boss, “Are you getting sick?”

“No. Just some allergies.”

“I am not asking because I heard you sneeze but because your memory is fading. I told you an hour ago that he was your last for the day. Where is your head?”

“I am not sure. My head feels a bit clouded today. Maybe from the medication I took for my allergies.” Taeyeon rubbed her head which was aching a bit.

“You should sleep before going to your class then but I am heading out so can you lock up?”

Taeyeon leaned on Sooyoung’s desk, “Where you going to in a hurry?”

“Kyung Ho and his parents want me over for dinner and to discuss some of the last minute details for the wedding.”

“I thought you finished all that a while ago?” Taeyeon sniffled before taking a tissue out and blew her nose.

“Not everything is perfect so things come up. Not a big deal but we have to take care of it before the big day.”

“I am not sure if I am happy or sad about it. I love that you two are getting married but then you leave me.”

Sooyoung laughed at her friend who gave her a cute pout, “You are just loosing me as a worker, oh that reminds me, I will be training the new girl on Monday and Wednesday next week so don’t freak out if you see someone else behind my desk.”

“Is she organized?”

“Yes.”

“Is she clean? I don’t like messes.”

“Of course.”

“Is she a hard worker and...”

“Tae. Don’t worry. I know what you like so I didn’t hire just anybody and I made sure to be meticulous about a new replacement. She will be fine and maybe better than me.”

“I doubt she is better than you.”

Sooyoung pinched Taeyeon’s cheek playfully, “Oh you are so cute with all your compliments but she does have more experience than me. You are going to be in good hands I am sure.” Sooyoung took her jacket and looked at her watch, “Oh I only have an hour and...eleven minutes to get home, change and leave for Kyung Ho’s parent’s house so I will leave you now Tae. See you next week.”

Taeyeon waved her friend good bye before locking the door behind the girl. She decided to take Sooyoung’s advice and take a quick nap before she had her night class. Taeyeon set an alarm on her phone before taking rest on the couch in her office. When she laid down, her head started to spin causing her to drift off into sleep quickly.

 

“Soo! I am going to kill you!” Sooyoung laughed as she turned around and waved the bag in front of Taeyeon. “Come on! Give me back my bag of gummies! I spent my allowance to get those.”

Sooyoung took a gummy out of the bag and quickly ate it, “Try all you want midget but not in your dreams!”

Taeyeon was on the verge of crying with the class bully picking on her again. Then in a flash, Sooyoung’s laughing subsided and something was held up in front of her face. When she wiped away the tears Taeyeon saw someone holding out her bag of gummies. She quickly grabbed the bag and looked up to see who saved helped her but the figure was blurry as her eyes adjusted but she made out ‘444’ on the back of his shirt before the little boy disappeared. “Th...anks...”

 

Taeyeon heard her alarm go off so she quickly turned it off and wiped her eyes to wake up. She yawned before sitting up, “I should go buy some gummies...”

 

-----------------

 

Taeyeon walked into her class and looked upon her students but her gaze caught a familiar face that shouldn’t be in her classroom. She was about to say something to the student that was clearly crashing her class, but the bell rang so Taeyeon started her powerpoint presentation for class. Like usual, Taeyeon’s class went on for two hours before the students were dismissed. Most of the students left in a haste with a few lingering around to ask Ms. Kim some questions but one student remained glued to her chair in the back. Once the final student left, the lone student in the class finally got up and walked towards the teacher. Taeyeon finished packing the papers her students gave her before looking up at the student, “You know I don’t remember your name on the list of students registered for this class.”

The girl laughed, “I just wanted to meet the legendary Kim Taeyeon who is one of the youngest therapists in mental disorders in person.”

“Looks like you found her.”

The girl smiled before taking Taeyeon’s hand and intertwining it with her own, “From the mouth of the great Kim Taeyeon, ‘now that I have held on, I can’t let go.’”

Taeyeon giggled at Jessica’s actions while they left the building. The two walked hand in hand towards Taeyeon’s car while chatting about the things that happened in their day.

“Are you nervous?”

“A little.”

“Why didn’t you meet her before Sooyoung hired the girl?”

Taeyeon took out her car keys to unlock her car, “I trust Soo...I mean with the new class and all, I almost forgot to hire a new person so Sooyoung had to take care of all that.”

“She takes care of you so well...”

Taeyeon smiled as she looked at Jessica, “You take care of me well too.”

Jessica crossed her arms and leaned against Taeyeon’s car, “I haven’t really done much for you. I feel like you give me so much and I have nothing to give you back.”

“How could you say that? You may not give me anything materialistic but you give me something else that no one else can give.”

Jessica arched her eyebrow, “What could that be?”

“Comfort, relaxation, assurance. Stuff like that. You always know what to say to me to make me feel that way.”

Jessica blushed, “You know you have a way with words Ms. Kim.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Well so do you Ms. Jung.” The two fell in silence again while Taeyeon played with her keys, “Umm do you want to go for a ride or something? The night is still young.”

Jessica smiled widely, “I would love that.”

Taeyeon smiled as the two made their way into the car. “Where do you want to take me?”

“How about we just drive and if you see a place to stop, I will stop.”

Jessica smiled as the two started driving around. At first they were content with the other’s company but then Taeyeon started laughing at Jessica whose stomach was making noises. Therefore the car stopped at a family diner that was open. Taeyeon was concerned with the cleanliness of the establishment so Jessica convinced the worker to let her borrow some cleaner so she could wipe down the seats and table before Taeyeon even entered the diner. “I should drop out of school and become a janitor.”

“Why do you say that?”

“My cleaning skills will be top notch if I stay as your girlfriend. I might as well get paid for these newly acquired skills.”

Taeyeon laughed nervously, “I am sorry...”

“I told you don’t be sorry about it. You should be more sorry for saying sorry to me so often.”

The waitress came by and gave Jessica her hot chocolate in a mug while Taeyeon got hers in a disposable paper cup thinking that was cleaner because others didn’t use the cup before. Soon after the chicken sandwich Jessica ordered came out and Taeyeon watched as Jessica cleared her plate in record time, “Did you even eat dinner?”

“Not really. I went to your lecture remember. By the way didn’t you eat yet?”

“Nope.”

“Why didn’t you order something then?”

“When I get home.”

“You know you could just get something cooked...I mean if there were germs, they would have died.”

Taeyeon looked back in the kitchen hesitantly, “I don’t know...”

Jessica looked around, “what about the soup?”

“That might be fine...”

“Great!” Jessica quickly called back the waitress and got Taeyeon some soup but requested it be put in one of the disposable bowls that are used for takeout usually. Jessica watched as Taeyeon stared at the food in front of her, “Tae...it will be fine trust me.”

With her plastic spoon, Taeyeon carefully placed it in the bowl before putting the spoon in . A smile went on her face, “This tastes nice.”

Jessica released her breath since she was holding in anticipation of Taeyeon’s reaction, “Good! Now eat up so you don’t pass out on me when you take me home.”

The two chatted while Taeyeon ate her soup which made Jessica pretty proud of Taeyeon for taking a step towards away from her OCD. With their meal coming to a close and the diner closing, the two headed out and Taeyeon took Jessica back to campus. Both were hesitant in leaving the other but with the night being late, the two were to part again.

Taeyeon looked at her watch, “Wow it is late.”

“Really? What time is it?”

“1:11am. I am sorry for getting you back so late. You don’t have a morning class do you?”

“Nope. It is fine. I will sleep when I see my bed. Umm I had fun.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I did too. We should do this more often...not just when I have class.”

Jessica blushed, “I would like that.” Not sure if she was making the right decision, Jessica leaned into Taeyeon and gave her a hug. Her muscles relaxed when she felt Taeyeon reciprocate the hug. It lasted a few minutes before the two parted. “Drive safe.”

Taeyeon smiled, “Have a good night Jessica.”

“Sooyeon.”

“What?”

“Sooyeon...you can call me that if you want.”

Taeyeon gave a huge grin, “Okay. Good night Sooyeon.”

“Good night Taeyeon.”

 

 


Author's Note

Next chapter is up! Umm I want to address some things that might make you understand the chapter better although you might have skipped the incidences where I used these:

There are things called Angel numbers and that is when the same number is used in threes and these have different meanings:

111: you should be more focused on the things you want in life, your desires, dreams, and goals. This, as opposed to the things in life which are stressful or serve to sidetrack you, such as fear, anxiety, or worry. When you keep you eyes firmly on the road ahead of you in search of your goals, the things that would normally distract you can be kept at bay. If you focus instead on the negative aspects of life, you will stall in your quest for happiness, so much so that you may never get there

222.  You don’t need to worry about the future, because everything is determined and turning out exactly as it was planned. So feel to take your hands off the wheel, and enjoy the ride! Don’t bother focusing your efforts on distractions or negative feelings. You may be traveling on a bumpy road, but it is the direction you should be going. There is little you need to change in your life, and you should take comfort in this fact, and not take it for granted.

444sequence appears to assure you of the fact that angels are indeed, all around you.