Hold Me Tight

My Disorder is You

Continued from previous chapter...

 

Jessica pushed Taeyeon against the wall gently as their lips moved fervently against each other. With eyes closed, Jessica let her hands slide down the side of Taeyeon’s body as Taeyeon kept her hands hesitantly on Jessica’s shoulders. Before Jessica could deepen the kiss and explore Taeyeon’s mouth, Taeyeon suddenly broke the heated kiss and gently pushed Jessica away. Breathless, Jessica looked into her eyes with concern, “Tae...what’s wrong?”

Without saying anything, Taeyeon rushed away from Jessica but Jessica quickly followed Taeyeon as she went into the bathroom. She watched as Taeyeon took a huge bottle of mouthwash and guzzled some of it down. In amusement, Jessica leaned on the door frame and watched Taeyeon drink the minty liquid, “Was I that bad?”

Taeyeon spit out the mouthwash and looked at Jessica, “Not at all...It is just...just...”

“Germs?”

Taeyeon looked down at Jessica’s feet while playing with her fingers, “Sorry...”

Jessica smiled and walked towards Taeyeon taking her hands into hers while putting a finger under Taeyeon’s chin to make the shy girl look up, “You don’t need to apologize. Not for the kiss, not for backing away, not for making me worried, not for anything. We should just take things as they come and do what makes you comfortable. If you are not ready for something, then we can wait.”

“Really?”

“Of course. I really like you Taeyeon....I won’t force you to do anything.”

Taeyeon blushed at the girl’s straightforward confession, “But...I liked it....”

A mischievous smile appeared on Jessica’s face before she let go of Taeyeon’s hands and grasped the mouthwash before taking a quick swig and swishing it around before spiting it out. Jessica then turned around to face Taeyeon again before crashing her lips on the shocked girl. Their lips moved slowly in an innocent kiss before Jessica backed away and looked Taeyeon in her eyes, “Better?”

Taeyeon’s face was beet red as she just nodded her head. Jessica giggled before hugging the girl as the later buried her head in the crook of Jessica’s neck. “Sometimes you act younger than me...I wonder who is the real adult here.”

Taeyeon giggled at Jessica’s comment, “Being an adult is more about perspective than age. I sometimes wonder how a 50 year old woman got into a 20 year old’s body.”

Jessica backed away and quickly slapped Taeyeon’s arm playfully, “Yah! I don’t act like my mother.” Taeyeon gave a toothy grin before giving a hearty laugh which made Jessica laugh as well.

 

Jessica looked over to the girl next to her as the other was engrossed with what the TV was playing. Not interested in the movie on the screen, Jessica put her focus on the girl that was beside her. She was surprised that such a girl captured her heart that was frozen for a year. Her eyes traced every feature on the girl’s face until the later looked at her, “something on my face?”

The girl quickly went to brush before Jessica went to stop her, “Nothing...just thinking....I mean when did you start liking me?”

The girl looked down avoiding Jessica’s gaze, “I can’t  say there was just one time that made me like you completely...” Taeyeon stopped and hid her face, “Ah this is embarrassing. You tell me why you like me first.”

Jessica laughed as she tried to uncover Taeyeon’s face, “Stop hiding. I will tell you first if you promise to let me see your face.” Taeyeon peeked up and looked at Jessica. “I don’t understand how someone like Tiffany couldn’t see how beautiful you are inside and out.”

“I am not beautiful.”

Jessica leaned forward and brushed Taeyeon’s hair behind her ear, “Why did you always hide your beauty in that stupid bun, you look so much better with your hair down like this.”

Taeyeon brushed her hair slightly, “Convenience.”

Jessica sighed, “Well you are beautiful, but I can’t say that is what attracted me to you.”

“Then what did?”

Jessica reached for Taeyeon’s hand and placed it on Taeyeon’s chest, “Your heart. You are meticulous about everything and by everything, I don’t mean how you are OCD about every little thing but you are meticulous in noticing things about me. You always did the smallest things that would make my heart beat just a bit faster. How could anyone not see how caring you are? They would have to be blind.”

Taeyeon wanted to go hide in a corner for the fear of her face being as red as a ripe tomato, “Thh...anks...”

“Aigoo! So cute! I made the calm and cool doctor blush.” Jessica turned her full attention towards Taeyeon and sat cross-legged on the couch, “So what made you attracted to me?”

Taeyeon sighed, “I wonder...I mean who would fall for a delinquent?” Jessica scrunched her face in disgust but Taeyeon laughed before continuing, “But I am sure that is what others would think if they only looked what was on the surface. When I first looked into your eyes, I saw a scared girl but when I talked to you, I saw a girl with insecurities and fear, and when I got to know you, I saw someone who was more beautiful than her goddess-like looks.” The shy doctor buried her face again in her arms after her little confession.

Jessica was now the one blushing like mad, “Goddess-like looks? That is me?”

Taeyeon wasn’t brave enough to look up so she just nodded at the girl.

“Wow...I mean just wow. Are you a romantic?” Getting no response from the other girl Jessica gave a sly smile before ‘accidentally’ knocking over one of the snacks on the floor. Like a reflex, Taeyeon quickly got up and ran to get the vacuum. Jessica leaned back on the couch in amusement while Taeyeon looked back at Jessica.

“What is it?”

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yea...I was wondering how to make you come out of hiding and something simple like crumbs set you off. So easy.”

Taeyeon blushed and wanted to go back to her hiding but there was an urgent mess to take care of so she quickly cleaned up while Jessica just watched the other girl. “I wonder what surprises you have for me in the future...”

Taeyeon saw Jessica’s mouth move but the vacuum was too loud so she turned it off, “What did you say?”

Jessica smiled, “Nothing.”

 

“Wait wait! Tae what is going on?”

Taeyeon halted when she heard her secretary talking to her, “What do you mean?”

Sooyoung pointed at Taeyeon, “Why do you look like that?”

Taeyeon quickly grabbed her hair, “I..I knew it wouldn’t look good...why did I listen to her...”

Sooyoung quickly went to Taeyeon’s side and held onto the girl, “Tae I never said it was bad. In fact you look amazing. I mean I never saw you look this way for so long...I have to admit age has done wonders for you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you look really amazing today. Also who is ‘her’?”

“It is nothing. I really look good I mean I feel more comfortable with my hair up than down like this.”

“It isn’t nothing. I never...I mean what is going on?”

Taeyeon sighed and pushed back her secretary, “Soo it is nothing. I have work to do now.”

 

Jessica spun her pencil in her hand as she absent-mindedly looked at the professor talking about something. The day was dragging on since she saw Taeyeon last night and they shared that unbelievable kiss. Her mind was being clouded by a certain doctor but she was clouded by fear mostly. She was scared of her own actions. She knew Taeyeon was still fragile and wondered if one day, she would try to push Taeyeon too far causing the other girl to retreat from her. It was doubts. Jessica was having doubts that Taeyeon would stay.

The bell rang and Jessica got up slowly before taking her bag and heading out the door. She didn’t have any other classes that day so she decided to go back to her dorm before going out to supper in an hour. Once she reached her dorm, someone called her name. She quickly looked over and saw the certain woman that occupied her mind this past hour. “Why are you here?”

“Do you have time?”

“I am done with classes.”

“Can I take you somewhere to show you something?”

Jessica didn’t say anything as she walked towards Taeyeon’s car, “Are you planning on surprising me every time we see each other now?”

“Is that a yes?”

Jessica opened the door and looked at Taeyeon, “I didn’t say no.”

Taeyeon started driving as Jessica looked out the window. She knew Taeyeon wouldn’t tell her where they were going so she just occupied her time by watching the empty fields pass her vision. It was peaceful and better than the rushing city. The car turned into a slightly worn path before Taeyeon shut off the engine, “We are here.”

“Hey isn’t this the place you took me before...I mean when you told me about Tiffany?”

“Humm yea...you accused me of wanting to kill you, but I think my mother would be very upset if she saw me doing that to you.”

“Your mother?”

Taeyeon smiled before stopping at the edge of a tree line that was in the field. The girl pointed to a small tombstone, “Yes my mother.”

Jessica was very surprised, “Why did you bring me here? I mean that day and now today. I don’t understand.”

Taeyeon fished something out of her pocket before bending down and putting the object on the tomb, “When I was younger, my mother was always there when I was going through a hard time. She was there to bandage my wounds with plaster or sooth my broken heart with her caring words. No matter what, she was my pillar of strength.”

Jessica looked down at the object as Taeyeon stood back up, “why is the vial empty?”

Taeyeon laughed, “It isn’t empty.”

“What is in it then?”

“My mother gave me that when I was 15 a few days before she passed away. She said that vial held her heart and that I could only return it once I found someone to heal my pains better than she could because that person would have a bigger heart than her own.” Jessica was just standing there frozen as Taeyeon looked down at the tomb sorrowfully, “You know that day I brought you on that hill, I was scared. I was scared of telling you that story so I came here on purpose. I knew if I was in pain, my mom would be right next to me to heal those pains, but it was weird that it wasn’t her who was next to me. It was you.” Jessica wasn’t the type to be emotional but she was on the brink of crying. “I am going to admit to you and my mother today that I do have some problems and have invisible scars, but I want to overcome them...Jessica can you help me overcome these scars?”

Jessica took Taeyeon’s hand, “I said we would work on this together. I would never go back on my promise with you.”

Taeyeon smiled at Jessica before turning her attention towards the tomb, “Did you hear that mom. I won’t be going through this alone anymore.”

Jessica smiled before squeezing Taeyeon’s hand, “As long as you don’t let me go through this alone either.”

Taeyeon looked into Jessica’s eyes, “I think now that I have held on, I can’t let go.”

 

 

 


Author's Note

Well I know what you are thinking...no scene?? Of course! Taeyeon is not healed so her personality nor Jessica's personality would let that happen. 

Anyway, about my other fanfics. I know I am like a snail with updating lately...well I blame myself for getting distracted with a new TV show. I promise to update Love Within Heaven's Gate and I Need You to Survive very soon.

A reminder, if you like any of my stories, please upvote. Costs you nothing to do that and it helps me know which stories you like ^^