White Lies

My Disorder is You

Tiffany was in the hospital once she was called about an accident involving her ex-husband and her boss/friend. She already talked to the doctors involving both involved in the accident and was now waiting for Taeyeon to get out of surgery. The light turned off and Tiffany stood up to meet the surgeon, “How is she?”

The doctor smiled, “She will be okay. She had a broken collarbone and collapsed lung which is normal for any car accident from the airbag and seatbelt. We were more concerned with the blood loss caused by a tear in her liver and kidney. Ms. Kim was very lucky that we were able to patched up her liver but we had to remove the kidney completely. No brain damage was seen or contusions to the head, but we won’t know for sure until we wake her up. For now we put her in a medically induced coma so her body will heal faster. Maybe after a few weeks we can wake her.”

“So she is okay?”

The doctor smiled brightly, “You can see for yourself. She is stable.”

Tiffany looked at the door to Taeyeon’s room before entering. She sighed when she saw the girl’s stable breathing and continued to walk towards her stopping short of the bed. Her hand went out to lightly Taeyeon’s hair, “You are all I have left.” The hand continued downward onto her cheek and down to touch her lips, “I will be all you have left soon. We will need each other from now on.” Tiffany was going to lean down but her phone rang, “Hello? Oh...fine....I will be there in ten.” She looked back at Taeyeon one last time, “I won’t leave you alone for long.” Tiffany stood up straight before making her way out of the room to leave the hospital.

 

 

Tiffany went to the location she was told, “What is it Sunny?”

Sunny was holding a document, “Nichkhun’s dad sent this letter waiving his rights and letting you handle all funeral arrangements.”

Tiffany raked her hands through her hair, “Just burn the body. Don’t bother with a funeral. Too much work.”

Sunny looked at the girl with disbelief, “Seriously? Nichkhun had a lot of friends even if his family was neglectful. We should at least hold a memorial before the body is cremated.”

“Why do I have to be in charge? We aren’t married anymore.”

“Well everyone thought you two were still close so they thought it was best you took care of it. Also, the police were looking for you.”

Tiffany turned her head up in surprise, “Police?”

“It is probably related to the accident so just go to the station and answer a few questions.” Sunny put the papers in front of Tiffany, “I will handle the memorial since I see you don’t care, but you better get the police off your back now.”

Tiffany sighed, “A simple accident is causing me such a big headache.”

 

 

The girl pulled up to the Central Police Station in a rented cararrow-10x10.png. Tiffany looked up at the station, “Such a hassle.” The officers looked up at the girl when she entered. She smeared her eyeliner a bit and added some eye drops before arrival so she didn’t look her best but that was the whole point; don’t look your best. “Hello I am Tiffany Hwang, I was told to come.”

The officer looked through the papers, “Yes. Officer Lee Jin-ki is taking on your case. He is in the back on the left side.”

Tiffany looked to where the officer was pointing, “Ok.”

Officer Lee looked up to see a rather beautiful woman looking down at him, “Yes?”

“I am Tiffany Hwang.”

The officer stood up to motion her to sit, “Please sit here. It is a small inquiry about the accident earlier today. Sorry to make you do all this with your ex passing.”

Tiffany wiped away her fake tears, “It is no problem. The sooner we speak, the sooner I can put this horrible memory behind me.”

The officer eyed up Tiffany, “I see. Well first I would like to know why he was driving your car.”

Tiffany sat straight, “He doesn’t have a car and wanted to use mine while I was home.”

Officer Lee started to jot down some notes, “When was the last time you got your car serviced?”

“I don’t bother with things like that. Nichkhun helps me when I have car problems. He deals with cars on a day to day basis for his job.”

“I see.” Officer looked up from his computer, “We got the report that both Ms. Kim and Mr. Khun had over-inflated tires which caused the accident when they blew out. Does Ms. Kim also go to Mr. Khun for car issues?”

“Ms. Kim is a private person. I don’t know who she sees for car issues.”

The officer leaned back in his chair, “You know I find it interesting that you knew both victims and saw both victims that day; One to take your car while the other one is your boss whom you saw at work.”

Tiffany looked at the officer seriously, “what are you getting at?”

Officer Lee leaned forward while smiling, “I am saying you have some bad luck.”

Tiffany rubbed her temples, “Is that all for the questioning? I am busy planning a memorial for my ex-husband today.”

Officer Lee saw Tiffany standing up but stopped her, “I have one last question.”

Tiffany looked down at the officer, “Yes?”

“Do you happen to know where either of the victims were headed?”

“Although I saw both victims that day, I was unaware of where they were going.”

The officer leaned forward to busy himself with the computer, “I see. You can go now Ms. Hwang.”

Tiffany clenched her purse, “Thank you.”

After Tiffany turned her attention away to walk away, officer Lee looked up at the girl’s retreating figure, “I have a strange feeling she is hiding something...”

 

 

Tiffany went back to the place she wanted to be most but stopped at the door when she saw who was also in the room, “Sooyoung? When did you get back?”

Sooyoung turned around and stood up, “When I heard the accident on the news, I came as soon as possible.”

Tiffany went up and hugged Sooyoung, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages.”

Sooyoung smiled, “I have been burying myself in work since I returned from the honeymoon. Oh...I am also sorry for your loss. I heard about Nichkhun...I mean I know you two weren’t close since the divorce but still...I am sorry.”

Tiffany sighed, “No reason to be sorry. None of us could have seen these events happening. Although we face tragedy, we can see God isn’t cruel as a different life is saved.”

Sooyoung followed Tiffany’s gaze towards Taeyeon, “Yea...”

Tiffany looked up at Sooyoung, “Does Taeyeon have anyone close we should contact?”

Sooyoung was trying to read Tiffany, “Humm no?” She tried reading the girl’s face but Tiffany seemed to have mastered all her facial expressions making Sooyoung a bit scared that the girl had something else planned.

Tiffany moved past Sooyoung to sit next to Taeyeon, “Did you talk to the doctors?”

Sooyoung pulled up a chair, “Of course. I took care of the billing too.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in concern, “I feel bad that there is no one to take care of her.”

Sooyoung watched Tiffany’s movements such as the way the girl took Taeyeon’s hand, “Tae isn’t alone. She has us here to take care of her.”

Tiffany rubbed Taeyeon’s hands, “Of course. We will always be here for her.”

 

------------------------

 

A week passed and Sooyoung saw an unknown number appear on her phone. She wasn’t sure if she should pick up the call, “Hello?”

“Hey Sooyoung this is Jessica.”

Sooyoung shifted in her chair uncomfortably, “Jessica. How are you?”

“Not so good. Have you heard from Taeyeon?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes back knowing this conversation was to happen sooner or later, “Of course I have but not much. She is busy with work.”

“Really? She normally contacts me even if she is busy.”

“I know she is having her computer replaced too. Maybe that is why it is hard to contact her?”

Sooyoung listened closely but only heard the girl sigh on the other end, “Okay. Well if you hear from her, tell her to at least contact me once. A week seems like forever.”

Sooyoung looked down to play with the pen on her desk, “I will pass the message to her. I am sure she will contact you when she has more time or whenever she replaces that computer.”

“I know...”

“Just hang in there.”

“Humm thanks Sooyoung. I should go.”

“Okay.” Sooyoung hung up the phone before letting out a deep sigh, “I don’t think I can lie for another week.” The girl looked at her phone before dialing another number, “Sunny?”

“Hey Soo, something wrong? You don’t sound too happy.”

“Jessica finally called.”

“You told her Tae was fine right?”

“Of course. Are you with Tiffany?”

“No. She is at the hospital like she does every day since she took take of Taeyeon’s clinic while I am out buying ingredients for making Tiffany a meal so she can stop eating that hospital food.”

Sooyoung leaned forward, “Okay good. So she is stable?”

“Yes. She seems fine. I would contact you if I needed help but nothing unusual.”

“Okay but we need to think of a way to keep Jessica away.”

“Maybe we shouldn’t. I think it will be too hard once Christmas comes.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well Taeyeon was to see her for Christmas but she can’t leave while in the hospital. Also, Taeyeon is recovering fast so they want to take her out of the coma soon.”

“I will do my best...I just need some more time.”

“Go back to America. I can handle things here for now.”

Sooyoung sent an email, “Okay. I will make a trip to America again.”

“Just come back before Taeyeon wakes up okay?”

“I will.” Sooyoung hung up the phone to call her secretary, “I need to book another trip to America. Same as last time.”

 

--------------------------

 

The doctors were surrounding Taeyeon’s bed while Sunny, Sooyoung and Tiffany watched, “We will take her out now. Make sure you are visible so she doesn’t panic.” The nurse started to inject the drug into Taeyeon’s IV. Everyone watched closely until eyes opened. The doctor took out a light to exam the eyes, “Ms. Kim how are you feeling? Can you see me?”

Taeyeon looked around confused, “Where am I?”

The doctor took Taeyeon’s hand and poked it, “You were in an accident, can you feel this?”

Taeyeon flinched, “Yes.”

The doctor looked at Taeyeon, “What is the last thing you remember Ms. Kim?”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, “I was at work. I needed to pick Sooyoung from the airport but my car started serving on the freeway. Next thing I remember was a large pain on my left side.”

The doctor stood straight, “Good. No memory loss or paralysis. For now you are on bed rest. Try not to make any large movements. We will come in later to get a better evaluation.”

Taeyeon nodded as she watched the doctors leave and her friends approach. Each of them hugged her as they said how grateful she was to be okay. Taeyeon smiled but kept her eyes on Sooyoung, “Can I speak to Soo alone?”

Tiffany and Sunny looked at Sooyoung, “Okay?”

Sooyoung looked at the door that closed behind Tiffany and Sunny before turning her attention to Taeyeon, “What did you need?”

“Does Jessica know?” Taeyeon’s voice was shaky.

“No. I thought you should tell her.”

Taeyeon looked up at the ceiling, “Should I? She is in exams right now.”

“I think you need to call her. I tried making her not worry until now but she wants to hear from you that you are okay.”

Taeyeon held her hand out, “Give me your phone.”

Sooyoung went to her purse to get her phone before handing it over to Taeyeon, “Are you sure you want to lie?”

Taeyeon held the phone to her ear, “Jessica?” Sooyoung watched as Taeyeon’s face softened, “Yes just busy. I was on a small trip. Sorry....I am a bad girlfriend. I am ah still busy so I will talk to you later. Just focus on your exam....love you too.” Taeyeon handed back the phone, “Just for now.”

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon in concern, “We can’t hide this from her forever.”

“She will forgive me. Don’t worry.”

Sooyoung leaned down and gave Taeyeon a kiss on her forehead, “Don’t make us worry anymore then okay?”

Taeyeon smiled, “I won’t.”

Sooyoung stood up, “Alright. I will go find Tiffany and Sunny for you then.” Taeyeon just smiled as she watched her friend leave the room.

 

 


Author's Note

Speaking of exams....I have one tomorrow and Friday! Haha I am at the point of not caring to study anymore so I write you another update! Procrastination is fun!!!

Also, since you now LOVE your author...tell me how much you love me or upvote ^^