Serenity

My Disorder is You

 

“Taeyeon say ahhhh.” Taeyeon looked at the girl hesitantly before opening and letting the food slide down .

“Look Tiffany...I really don’t need you to do this. There are nurses and...”

Tiffany gave the girl a glare, “No. I want to and at the moment I am out of a job while you are here anyways.”

Taeyeon sighed as the girl continued to feed her lunch. She had a mix of emotions when the girl kept coming to see her. At first she didn’t want her around but how could she push someone away who just lost her husband in an accident that she was a part of? Also Sunny’s words echoed in her head about how she didn’t have any other friends. So what was Taeyeon to do but accept the girl’s generosity?

“Do you want more pudding? Or maybe a banana?” Tiffany reached over to fluff her pillow a bit, “Are you uncomfortable?”

Taeyeon nodded no to all of the requests, “I think I should take a nap for now.”

Tiffany nodded and reached for the book that was near Taeyeon’s bed, “I will move to the chair over there for now...okay? If you need something, I will be in the room with you.”

Taeyeon smiled and nodded, “I know. You have been with me so far. Thanks Tiffany.”

Taeyeon was about to lay back and relax but a knock came on the door. Tiffany got up and went to open it for the guest, “Who are you?”

The man showed his badge, “I am with the police, I heard Kim Taeyeon was awake and I wanted to ask her some questions related to the accident she was in a while back.”

Tiffany glared at the officer, “She is tired. Come back another time.”

Taeyeon heard the officer so she quickly interjected, “Wait! I can talk to him for now. Tiffany why don’t you just wait outside or get something to eat while we talk?”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and then at the officer, “Fine...” The girl pushed past the officer to make her way out of the room.

The man laughed silently at the girl’s antics before closing the door and making his way to Taeyeon on the bed. Taeyeon watched the man take something out of his pocket, “Do you want any?”

Taeyeon stared at the candy in his hands, “Huh?”

“Not interested in gummies anymore? You loved them so much but that tall girl kept taking them from you.”

Taeyeon cocked her head, “Do I know you?”

The officer smiled, “I am officer Lee Jin-ki. You know I didn’t recognize your name at first either but we went to the same school for a while when we were younger. I thought you might remember my charming face although I aged.”

Taeyeon laughed, “So you were the one always helping get my gummies back...no wonder you turned into a police officer.”

The man smiled, “Yep! And as fate has it, I was assigned to the case involving your car accident.”

Taeyeon shifted a bit so she could face the man better, “What is it you need to know?”

“What is your relation to Nichkhun?”

“He is Tiffany’s husband. I went to high school with him so you could say we were friends then but I only saw him a few times recently.”

The officer plopped a gummy into his mouth while taking notes, “Did he ever service your car or have you had your car serviced shortly before the accident?”

“I never saw him at his job. I just went to his home. I can’t remember the last time I had my car serviced. Maybe a year ago for an oil change?”

The officer raised in eyebrow in confusion, “You know your accident was caused by your tires being over-inflated? That would mean you had to have those fixed close to the accident date.”

Taeyeon nodded her head, “I don’t know the details of the accident and I really don’t touch my car ever.”

“Where do you normally park your car?”

“I don’t go out much so the garage in my apartment or at my work. I have an assigned space both places.”

After jotting some notes the officer stood up, “Okay. That is all I need for now.” The officer was about to leave but he walked back and placed the gummies on Taeyeon’s lap, “I really hope you recover soon. A key to a good recovery is happiness so I will gift you with the best medicine.”

Taeyeon smiled at the man, “You are indeed charming Mr. Lee.”

The man smiled from the door, “I am sure we will meet in the future Taeyeon. Just get healthy for now.”

Tiffany slipped back into the room right as the man left but was slightly annoyed at the huge smile on Taeyeon’s face, “I thought interrogations were not a happy occasions?”

Taeyeon held up the bag of gummies, “He brought my favorites!” Happily she started eating her gummies.

“You know him?” Tiffany took her seat next to Taeyeon.

Now with full of gummies she tried talking, “Childhood friend.”

Tiffany had to smile at the chipmunk in front of her, “Yah why are you eating all those at once?! Not like someone would take them.”

Taeyeon swallowed what she had in , “Sooyoung.”

“Soo?”
“Yea she always took them from me. Out of habit, I would eat the whole bag or at least try before she took them.”

Tiffany eyed out the empty bag, “Well Soo has enough money to buy a gummy factory now so you don’t need to go back to old habits.”

The inner therapist came out, “It is a behavioral action that can spur without the conscious mind thinking...”

“I get it I get it. You need to go back to work if you are going to speak in your professional terms.” Taeyeon laughed at the girl who always got upset when she started speaking in definitions, “I thought you were tired?”

“I am high on sugar now!” Taeyeon threw her arms up in the air causing Tiffany to almost fall out of her chair in laughter.

The girl at the door saw the two girls laughing and gave a sigh of relief, “I guess we were worried about nothing....”

Taeyeon caught a glimpse who was that the door and so she flashed the empty bag of gummies into the air, “You can’t take them now!”

Sooyoung laughed, “Who let you have those? I doubt it was Tiffany here.”

Taeyeon smiled, “You remember the boy that almost beat you up for always taking my gummies?”
“Of course I remember. I think he had a crush on you.” Tiffany heard the words crush and the anger boiled inside her.

“Well he is the officer on my car accident. He gave me these. Such a nice guy.”

Sooyoung smiled at her friend who was doing well, “Maybe he still has feelings for you?”

Tiffany suddenly felt suffocated in the room so she decided to excuse herself, “I am going to go to the bathroom.”

Taeyeon and Sooyoung looked at Tiffany while she rushed out of the room, “Humm she was fine before.” She returned her attention back to Sooyoung, “I doubt he still has feelings for me. That was so long ago.”

Sooyoung shrugged her shoulders, “Well even if he did, you are with Jessica.”

Taeyeon smiled at the name of her lover, “Yea.”

“Did you break the bad news to her?”

Taeyeon let out a heavy sigh, “I told her that I was in a minor accident and couldn’t travel for Christmas.”

Sooyoung sat down in the seat next to Taeyeon, “Why change your mind after being awake for a week now?”

“Mostly because I got moved to this rehab facility so if she were to burst through those doors, it wouldn’t look like I was in a major accident. Also her exams are done and Christmas is coming up in a few weeks. I can’t crush her hopes of not seeing me at the last minute. We were both looking forward to seeing each other. Also, I miss her more that I am conscious again.”

Sooyoung laughed at her love-struck friend, “Did Jessica say she was coming here?”

Taeyeon nodded her head no, “We talked and she just said okay but I haven’t heard from her for a few days now.”

“Try calling her again when you have privacy. I am thinking of taking Tiffany with me tomorrow so she can have a proper shower and change of clothes so think about sorting thing out with Jessica then.” Sooyoung stood up from her chair to squeeze Taeyeon’s hand, “I am sure she won’t be mad at you for keeping some secrets from her.”

Taeyeon smiled, “I know.” Just then Tiffany walked back into the room breaking the best-friend moment the two were having.

“Well I have to go. See you later Taeyeon and Tiffany I will pick you up tomorrow.” Taeyeon and Tiffany bid Sooyoung goodbye.

 

-------------------

 

“Are you sure you will be fine?”

Taeyeon smiled at the girl watching over her, “Tiffany I already told you that there are nurses on call for me whenever I need it. You will also only be gone for a few hours. Nothing will happen within that time.”

Tiffany reached over to caress Taeyeon’s baby face, “You know I worry about you?”

“Ah yea...I know.” Taeyeon suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable with Tiffany’s caress. She was just hoping the woman would leave as her body felt like it was being covered in bugs.

Tiffany finally removed her hand and nodded to leave, “I will be back soon. I promise.”

Taeyeon waved goodbye but let out a huge sigh as the door closed. She leaned back and regained her composure as if the air became breathable once again. In fact, with the presence of Tiffany gone, Taeyeon felt so relaxed that she slowly drifted to sleep.

It was maybe only an hour or so that Taeyeon spent napping but the soft click of the door woke her up from the light nap she was taking. Yet she was sure she was still dreaming as she saw Jessica walking towards her bed, “Sooyeon?”

Jessica walked up to the bed with her face full of worry, “Tae...” It was a whisper but Jessica was close enough to wrap her lover in a gentle embrace, “I am so glad you are okay.”
Taeyeon smiled happily as the warmth was very real, “I missed you.”

Jessica brushed away the few tears in her eyes and faced Taeyeon, “Don’t ever scare me like this again.”

Taeyeon reached up to hold Jessica’s face, “I am fine. No need to worry.”

Jessica was still frowning as she went back to nuzzling her face in Taeyeon’s neck, “I miss this so much. I miss you so much.”

Taeyeon felt like she was floating on air with the girl she loved in her arms, “I love you so much Sooyeon.”

Jessica kissed the side of Taeyeon’s neck before looking her eyes, “I love you too.” She couldn’t resist any longer as she leaned in to capture Taeyeon’s lips. Just as eager to taste her lover, Taeyeon responded with desperate and longing connections. The two were lost in their world as their intimate touches transported them into each other’s heart. Both hearts swelled with joy as they could touch and taste one another again. So lost that the person at the door was ignored.

Yet the person at the door was not one to be ignored so she cleared rather loudly causing the couple to break their lip-lock, “Jessica?”

Taeyeon and Jessica frowned at the intruder, “Hey Tiffany.”

Rather unwelcomely, “Why are you here?”

Taeyeon saw the lasers darting from both parties so she interrupted, “Umm Tiffany I don’t think I introduced Jessica properly last time. Tiffany, this is my girlfriend Jessica.”

Jessica grinned as if she won a battle but Tiffany furred her eyebrows as if the battle was just to start.

 

 

 


Author's Note

Okay I must say, I am sooo tired! I reread the whole story to make sure I don't miss adding things and I fell asleep 3 times and spent several hours just doing that. I can't believe some readers actually want to read this story in one sitting! So tiring! Anyway Welcome New Readers!

Last update before I head out on vacation! Not sure if I will get writing done while I am vacationing but we will see. I thought Jessica should come back before I happen to take a break (or not).

Please Comment and upvote!