22

Our Little Angel

Amber mentally face-palmed himself. He can’t seem to act natural around Krystal and her presence always got him nervous.  It’s frustrating him to not be able to have a proper conversation with her. He didn’t know that his daughter did not fail to notice it.

 

“Appa, are you scared of Umma?” Sooyun suddenly asked Amber when they are both lying on the bed.

 

“Why would I be scared of her?” Amber replied and scoffed.

 

“Then why can’t you talk to her? You didn’t say anything to her aside from good night.” Sooyun stated and it made Amber flinched.

 

“We have nothing to talk about.”Amber reasoned out and Sooyun rolled her eyes.

 

“You can talk about me, about your wedding, and giving me a baby brother or sister.” Sooyun answered that made Amber looked at her.

 

“Our situation is not that easy, Sooyun. You are just a kid so you wouldn’t understand.” Amber stated.

 

"I'm smart like Umma, Appa. I know how to speak three languages and fluent in it." Sooyun bragged. “So I’m sure I will understand it.”

 

"Your Umma earns money through her talents and I earn money through my knowledge." Amber retorted. "And she knows just two language too!"

 

"Umma is a genius like me Appa." Sooyun informed him with stern voice.

 

"Why do I feel like you are making me the least intelligent in this family?"Amber stated,looking at Sooyun.

 

"It's because you are!"Sooyun remarked and giggled.

 

She felt happy to know that Amber already considers them a family now.

 

"That's why Umma always calls you stupid. You always make a wrong decision." Sooyun continued.

 

"If you love your Umma that much, why don't you stay with her?" Amber spoke, pretending to sulk and curved a smile after he lie on one side, turning his back at Sooyun.

 

"Appa."Sooyun got up and rest her chin on Ambers shoulder. "Even if you are stupid,   I and Umma love you so much. So don't sulk anymore, okay?"Sooyun console Amber.

 

Amber turned to look at her and she curved a sweet smile.

 

"Appa, let's hang-out with Umma tomorrow,okay?"

 

"If she's not busy."

 

AMBER's POV

 

Sooyun wants to eat breakfast with Krystal so I ended up standing outside the elevator at the lobby to wait for her while the brat is sitting on the sofa, flipping some pages of the magazine. I'm just counting on the probability that Krystal will come down for breakfast. Other people are even looking at me strangely.

 

"Why am I even doing this?" I muttered and sighed.

 

I have been standing for almost half an hour right now and my feet are already tired. The elevator once again dings open that caught my attention, revealing Krystal inside. Just like me, she looked surprised.

 

"Umma!" Sooyun called happily, running towards her when she stepped out from the elevator.

 

Sooyun greeted her with a hug and smile. They caught other people's attention and good thing for Krystal because she's wearing sunglasses and she wears simple clothes.

 

"Good morning, Umma! I'm happy to see you." Sooyun said with a big smile.

 

"Good morning Sooyun. I'm happy to see you too." Krystal replied with a loving smile.

 

I can't help but to smile too while looking at them. I remember my mother's smile on Krystal. And it made me wonder how a mother who can smile with full of love can abandon their child.

 

"Appa, you have something to say to Umma right?" Sooyun said to me that snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

Krystal looked at me with raised brows and I quickly calmed myself as I started to feel nervous. I keep repeating in my mind to be cool.

 

“Good morning.” I said and mentally scolded myself.

 

Sooyun looked at me with annoyance. “And?”

 

"I'm just wondering if you..."

 

"Join us in breakfast Umna." Sooyun cut me off, holding Krystal's hand.

 

I can see the hesitation in Krystal’s eyes. So, I was not expecting for her to say a positive response.

 

“Please Umma.” Sooyun pleaded to her.

 

And they talked in Korean again. I don’t understand why they have to use that language when I’m around.

 

“Okay.” Krystal said with a smile to my daughter.

 

“Learn from me Appa.” Sooyun said with a proud smirk talking in Chinese when she turned to me. “That’s how you make Umma say yes to whatever you want.”  She continued.

 

I just scoffed as a respond. We head to the hotel’s restaurant and for the first time in my life, I feel like there’s nothing missing. I feel complete!