19

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

 

I met the company’s CEO, Mr. Lee Soo Man. I thought he was my grandpa’s age but he is a lot younger. He is a middle aged man. Sooyun agreed that we will come here first because there is a possibility that we will meet Krystal in this company. The staffs in the hotel denied that she checked in there.

 

“Your grandpa is asking for an endorser of your product.” Mr. Lee spoke and it made me raised my brows.

 

“Well I thought he would choose a Chinese stars like what he always do.” I replied to him.

 

“Well maybe it’s because K-pop is getting famous around the world.” He answered and chuckled.

 

I nodded my head in agreement and laughed along with him. Even if I am not into K-pop, I know that they are famous even in US. Krystal's poster won’t be displayed in that clothing store back in America if they are not, right?

 

“I've chosen the perfect endorser and model for it.” He informed me.

 

“Let me meet that person.” I replied.

 

“You will meet her later.” He answered me.

 

Our attentions were transferred to the door when someone knocked. Mr. Lee let that person in and I saw Sooyun.

 

“Appa!” he called me happily and ran towards me.

 

I got a bit surprised of her action. I clearly told her to wait for me at the lobby but I think she got bored. Another person stand in the doorway and I saw a very familiar face.

 

“Appa, Umma is here!” Sooyun exclaimed happily but she is speaking in Chinese.

 

When did she learn to speak Chinese?

 

I think Krystal apologized to Mr. Lee because she bowed her head to him with an apologetic smile. I find it hard learning Korean. I don’t understand any word when spoken at all.

 

“Mr. Liu, meet my top star, Ms. Jung Soojung.” Mr. Lee introduced us to one another.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Ms. Jung.” I said as I got up from my seat, extending my hand to her.

 

“Nice to meet you too!” Krystal said as she reached my hand for a handshake that made Sooyun smile widely looking at our joined hands.

 

“And who is this little girl?” Mr. Lee asked curiously, looking at Sooyun.

 

“I’m Liu Sooyun, their dau…”

 

“She’s my daughter.” I cut her off by covering with my hand and awkwardly laugh them as I pulled my hand away from Sooyun's mouth.

 

Mr. Lee and Krystal are both looking at me strangely. I won’t blame them because that was really a strange act. When I looked at Sooyun I know she got mad of what I did because she’s glaring at me. I just curved an apologetic smile to her.

 

“I didn’t know that Yufan had already a great grandchild.” Mr. Lee said and laughed. “It’s nice to meet you Sooyun, I’m Uncle Lee Sooman.”

 

“Nice to meet you Uncle.” Sooyun replied curving a smile at him. “Can you give Umma a long …”

 

I pick her up before she could finished her sentence and covered with my hand again.

 

“Uhm, I…I mean, we need to go somewhere else first.” I said to them. “I’ll come back later. Excuse me.”

 

I quickly head out and let out a deep sigh when I shut the door behind.  Sooyun is taking off my hand that covering .

 

“Appa!” she yelled at me angrily. “Why did you left Umma there?!”

 

“She needs to stay there, okay?” I said to her.

 

“And why are you covering my mouth when I talk?” she asked me with raised brows, crossing her arm on her chest.

 

“It’s because you can’t just say to that man that Krystal is your Umma. You don’t want her to get fired from her work right? Your Umma will get sad if that happens.” I explained to her and her anger slowly subsides.

 

“But I want to spend time with Umma too, Appa.” She said sadly and sighed. “You know, I'm very happy when I saw he, Appar.”

 

“Yeah, I know. But can’t you tell others that she is your Umma yet?”

 

“Alright.” She answered with disappointment in her face. “Are we going to wait for Umma?”

 

“Uhm..”

 

Before I could answer her, Mr. Lee’s office door swung open again and Krystal stepped out. She got a bit surprised when she saw us.

 

“Umma!” Sooyun called her excitedly.

 

They then began to talk in language that I did not understand, Korean. How many languages do this kid knows anyway? And then I noticed that Sooyun’s enthusiasm began to slowly disappear and Krystal walked away.

 

“What did you two talk about?” I asked her.

 

“Umma told me if you want to make her my Mom, you have to tell her you love her.” She said giving me a cheerful smile.

 

I gave her a suspicious look and she widened her smile.

 

‘I better learn that language ASAP!’