35

Our Little Angel

"Is Yiyun treating you well?"

 

Mrs. Liu asked her what she thought is her daughter in law. Even before, she knew that her son have special treatment to Krystal. She can tell that he likes her.

 

"Uh, y-yeah." Krystal answered awkwardly.

 

She is not sure if she has to tell Mrs. Liu the truth that she and Amber are not in a relationship,yet. She's afraid that it might confuse the old woman when Amber's daughter is calling her Umma.

 

"I'm glad that he is being a good husband to you." Mrs. Liu said curving a graceful smile. "You raised a very bright and lovely daughter. I wished I saw her when she was still a baby."

 

'I wished she was really mine too.' Krystal thought.

 

"You can always visit Sooyun Auntie. I will talk to Amber..."

 

Krystal was cut off when Mrs. Liu held her hand across the table. She saw the old woman lightly shook her head.

 

"It's okay. I will just see her in the playroom." Mrs. Liu stated.

 

Krystal just nodded her head. She remembered that Amber didn't recognized her earlier and it stirred her curiosity.

 

"Earlier, I noticed that Amber did not recognize you. Is there something that happened to him that made him forget you?" Krystal asked curiously.

 

Mrs. Liu slowly pulled back her hand and let out a sigh as she leaned back on her chair. She was expecting that Krystal would ask her this question.

 

"I did not know what he told you about me but I did something that I wished I didn't do." Mrs. Liu started. "Right after his father died, I found out that I was sick. I thought I won't live long so I asked my husband's father to look after him. Even it pains me, I left him and lived faraway waiting my remaining days to be over."

 

"But you live." Krystal spoke.

 

"Yeah, for years of fighting I finally am cured. "

 

"Why you didn't come back to see him?"

 

"I did come back for him but Dad didn't allow me because he thought that I left my son to be with other man. When I was undergoing my treatment, I met this one good man who stayed by my side till the end. Dad misunderstood our relationship and he keep Yiyun away from me."

 

"And now he doesn't remember you."

 

AMBER's POV

 

I got curious on what Jessica had told me. What about with Krystal's past? What Choi Minho is using to blackmail her.

 

"Why you are not doing about it?" I asked Jessica.

 

"It is Krystal's choice to not do something about it." Jessica replied that made me furrowed my brows.

 

"And just let Choi Minho blackmail her." I said with annoyance.

 

“There are lots of things that my sister is keeping to me. That’s includes her.” She said pointing at Sooyun. “And your relationship.” She continued looking at me.

 

“All I can say to you is she is our daughter.” I answered her.

 

“Yeah, right.”she scoffed. “As if I will believe that.”

 

“Then I think I can’t do anything about it anymore. I already told you the truth.” I said to her and she raised an eyebrow to me.

 

“It’s hard to believe because my sister did not get pregnant yet. I know because we have been together since she was a baby.” She stated.

 

“Miracles do happen in this world and there are things that are hard to explain.” I told her with a smile.

 

I spent time with Jessica and Sooyun and it is already evening when they decided to call it a day.  They bought a lot of stuffs. Even though it was tiring trailing behind them, I somehow had fun being with them.

 

“Appa, can I sleep in Auntie’s place?” Sooyun suddenly asked me while we are in the car taking Sica back to her place. “I want to spend time with Auntie.” She grinned.

 

“If it’s okay with her, I’m fine with it.” I answered.

 

“No problem with me.” Jessica answered.

 

“I’m just curious, why does Krystal is not living with you?” Amber asked.

 

“She wants to live alone for a while.” Jessica replied and I nodded my head in understanding.

 

I left Sooyun in Jessica’s place. I head back to the hotel and spotted Krystal outside.  I think she’s waiting for someone. She curved a smile when she saw me.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“Where have you been? And where’s Sooyun?”

 

Wow, she asked like a worried wife.

 

“She’s at your sister’s place. She decided to stay there. I ran into them earlier and they asked me to go shopping with them.” I explained to her and she nodded her head. “So how’s your old friend?”

 

“S-She’s fine. I hope you could meet her too.” She answered.

 

“Well, you can introduce us.” I replied to her with smile.

 

She curved a faint smile in response.

 

“I have something I want to talk to you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I guess I’ll ask her about her situation with Minho too.

 

a/n : I'll try to update as often as I can. I'm glad you like this story! Thanks everyone! :)