8

Our Little Angel

Sooyun sneaked her way inside the company. She has ways on how to get here. She entered the elevator going on the floor where Amber’s office is. She clearly remembers where it is located. When she reached the floor and walked her way going to the office, she bumped into an old man that caused her to fall down on the floor. She groaned when her landed on the floor.

 

“Are you okay kid?” the old man asked as he helped her got up.

 

“Y-Yeah.” Sooyun replied as she dusted off her dress.

 

“Where is your guardian? You are not supposed to be roaming around here.”

 

“I came here to see my Appa.” Sooyun replied with a bright smile.

 

“Alone?” the old man asked in disbelief.

 

“Uhuh! I’m old enough to travel alone.” Sooyun answered confidently.

 

The old man laughed because of her antics. He thought that the little kid who is standing in front of him isn’t intimidated at him unlike those people who surrounded him, even his own grandson.

 

“Sir.” A middle aged man called his attention. “The meeting is about to start.”

 

“I’ll be right there.” He replied shortly before he turned back his attention to the little girl.

 

“You work here too, Grandpa?” Sooyun asked curiously that made the old man chuckle.

 

“Yes.”

 

“You should not let yourself get tired. You should take good care of yourself.” She spoke looking at him with concern in her eyes.

 

“I will bear that in mind.” He replied and pats her head that made the kid smile.

 

“I’ll get going now. I don’t want to make my Appa too long. See you later, Grandpa.” She stated and bowed to him before she left.

 

 

Sooyun just opened the door in Amber’s office without knocking. She was expecting to see his surprised face but she found out that nobody was inside. She got a bit disappointed about it. She thought that he had gone somewhere for a while so she decided to wait for him inside. She sat down on the sofa but later she got bored. Her attention was shifted to the music box that Amber showed her before. She opened the shelf where it was stored and reached it. But unfortunately, it slipped in her hand and broke on the floor.

 

“I knew you came here!” she got startled when she heard someone’s voice behind.

 

 

Meanwhile, Amber didn’t expect that the CEO in their company will be attending their meeting to me. He usually gets tensed every time he sees him. He thought that he did well but he still can see the unsatisfaction in the man’s face. He knew that in his entire life with him, he never once met his expectation. He never heard him compliments his work and didn’t even say anything about it. All he always sees is that expressionless face of him and it pissed him off.

 

“Good job, Mr. Liu!” one board directors told him. “Good presentation!”

 

“Thanks.” He replied curving a faint smile.

 

He quickly excused myself when he noticed that the CEO got up from his seat and is about to leave. He took the courage to talk to him and for the first time asks him what he thinks about his presentation.

 

“Sir, do you have any comments about my presentation?” he asked.

 

It caused the old man to stop in his trance when he is in the doorway.

 

“It’s good but I know you can still do better.” He replied without facing Amber.

 

“Yes, Sir.” Amber replied weakly.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Ever since I was a kid, I am not that close to my grandpa. We rarely speak to each other this is why I decided to live independently, away from him even if he is the only one family that I have. For me, he is a cold person that I’m struggling to get along with. I always got stressed when he is around.

 

“What the---!” I got surprised when I saw Key and Sooyun inside my office. “Why are you here?”

 

“Ask her.” Key replied pointing out Sooyun.

 

I turned to Sooyun and she is holding the music box that my grandma gave to me. I quickly walked towards her when I noticed that it’s already broken.

 

“Did you break it?” I asked her.

 

“It fell down from the shelf when I tried to reach it.” She answered to me.

 

“Aish! Give me that!” I said snatching the item from her hands. “Why did you come here from the first place? I told you to stay in my place and wait for me!” I scolded her suppressing my anger.

 

“Hey dude, chill out!” Key said as he pulled Sooyun towards him. “Don’t shout at her.”

 

I paused for a moment, calming down myself.

 

“I just want to see you Appa. I want to be with you.” She said to me and she looked kinda scared.

 

“Okay, you want to see your Umma right? Let’s go find your Umma.” I told her.

 

“Really?”she said with a tinge of excitement in her voice.

 

“Yeah.” I replied.

 

“Thanks Appa!” she replied happily and run towards me and hugged my waist.

 

“I guess I’ll be going home now.” Key sighed. “Thank God.”

 

I don’t know what to do to her but I don’t want to get involve with her anymore. My life is already mess up and I don’t want to add her up in my burdens. So I decided to get rid of her.

 

“Sooyun, I need to go back to our company. I’ll be leaving you here.” I told her.

 

“Okay, I will wait for you here. Don’t you dare take too long Appa, okay?” she said squinting her eyes on me.

 

I just curved a smile in response. I said my goodbye and left her sitting in one bench at the family park. I know someone out there is more willing to help her.

 

‘I’m sorry, Sooyun!’