12

Our Little Angel

Amber furrowed his brows at the guy standing in front of his door. He didn't expect that someone will just show up in his door to get Sooyun. He thought that he will be the one who will bring Sooyun home to return her to her parents. He remembered what Key told him. What if he is indeed Sooyun's father, that he had slept to Jung Soojung? So he hesitated to give her right away.

 

"What is your relationship to her? Did her mother send you to get her?" Amber interrogated Taemin.

 

"I am her current guardian. Miss Jung doesn't know that she came here." Taemin replied.

 

When he heard how Taemin addressed Soojung, he knew that she didn't get married. The possibility that he is Sooyun's father increased.

 

"Did you bring her here in my place yesterday?" Amber asked.

 

Taemin lightly shook his head that made Amber looked at him with confused facial expression.

 

"She just came here in her own will." Taemin answered.

 

Amber heard footsteps and he noticed Taemin looked behind him. He turned around and saw Sooyun's surprised expression when she saw the guy.

 

"Sooyun." Taemin called her curving a gentle smile.

 

Key got a bit startled when Sooyun hid behind him, peeking at Teamin beside.

 

"Come on Sooyun, let's go home." Taemin spoke.

 

"I will stay with my Appa!" Sooyun said sternly.

 

"What's going on?" Key asked who got confused.

 

Amber approached Sooyun and made her faced him. He saw the concern in her eyes. He stoop down, Sooyun's hair and looking at her face like memorizing every details of it.

 

"Appa, I don't want to go home yet. I want to spend time with you more." Sooyun told him.

 

"But you need to go home otherwise your Umma will get worried at you." Amber said to her trying to make her understand.

 

"Umma is not worried at me."Sooyun said sadly.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I don't want to give her away. I don't want to let her go but I have no right to keep her. I might be her real father but I don't have a solid proof yet. It was all just an assumption therefore I don't have right to Sooyun yet.

 

"Appa, please let me stay with you. I promise I will behave and obey you." Sooyun pleaded looking at me teary eyes.

 

"Sooyun..."

 

I got a bit surprised when she suddenly hugged me tightly.

 

"Please Appa, let me stay here." she said and sniffled.

 

I lift her up and carried her when she silently cried. She buried her face in the crook of my neck , and use her arm to cover her face.

 

"Can we talk about this? Can you tell her mother to let her stay here for a while?" I said to Taemin when I turned to him.

 

"I'm sorry Sir but I can't do that. I need to bring her back home." Taemin answered me.

 

"Wait, wait.” Key steps in. “What's your name again?"

 

"Lee Taemin."

 

"Okay, Taemin. Do you happen to know if Amber is really Sooyun's father?"Key asked him.

 

"We are not sure yet."Taemin replied.

 

"Then I opt for the DNA test. If Sooyun is indeed my child, I have my rights and responsibilities to her. She has the right to know who her father too, right?" I told him.

 

"Have it your way but I have to take back Sooyun with me." Taemin pressed on.

 

"Hey dude! The child didn't want to go with you." Key said as he faced Taemin. "Just let her stay with Amber and you know you really look suspicious to me!" he continued squinting his eyes on him.

 

"Like what I said earlier, I am her guardian." Taemin said.

 

"Really? Then how come Sooyun doesn't want to go with you? I guess it is much safer if it is Soojung who will personally take her. Besides she knows us so she won't hesitate to come here." Key replied.

 

"I told you, I can't..."

 

 

"Just come back here with Soojung." Key cut him off and is pushing him outside and slammed the door. "Don't you dare bother us or else we will call the security." he yelled.

 

"Sooyun if you need me you know where to go." Taemin yelled outside.

 

"Geez, that guy ruined the good mood in this place." Key said.

 

He looked at Sooyun who is still crying on my shoulder. Key took the brush in Sooyun's backpack and then approached me. He suddenly plucked one strand of my hair that made me silently winced in pain.

 

"I'll bring this too Jonghyun. We will have the result in a couple of days." Key told me.

 

"Thanks Key."

 

"If Sooyun is your child, you better talk to Soojung." He told me.

 

"I know." I answered him.

 

"Appa, find Umma." Sooyun mumbled.

 

"I will Sooyun."I said to her, patting her back.

 

My attention is transferred to Key who is looking at me with teary eyes.

 

"What's wrong with you?"

 

"Don't mind me." he said to dramatically as he wiped his eyes.

 

I shook my head in disbelief and scoffed.

 

"I'm so proud of you dude! I didn't expect that a cold hearted like you will turn out to be this loving." he spoke and chuckled.

 

"You can leave now Kibum." I told him and he laughed out loud.

 

Somehow I'm relieved that Sooyun wasn't taken away from me. My first heartache was when my mother left me. I didn't expect that I will feel the same pain again when Sooyun cried.

 

'Maybe Key was right. I have come to love Sooyun as my own child.'