42.

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

Krystal announced to everyone that she and Minho had broken up. My daughter looked at me and I smiled at her. She returned a cheeky smile and I never seen her this happy before. She became hyperactive, doing all the talking. The older ones was amused by her, even her mother. Sooyun sat on my lap and gestured me to lean over.

“Appa, ask Umma to marry you now.” Sooyun softly whispered on my ear.

I looked at her with widened eyes and she looked back at me, giggling. My face felt warm and my daughter’s giggles caught the others attention.

“Dude, what’s up with you two? Your face is flush.” Key said.

“What?”

“Sooyun, what did you do this time?” Krystal said to her eyeing her knowingly.

“Do it.” She gave me her threatening look before turning to Krystal. “Nothing Umma.”

Sooyun got down from my lap and went to her mother. She asked Krystal to lift her up and she sat down on her lap. She whispered something on Krystal that made her blush.

“Wow! Are they fond of whispering?” Yuri joked and chuckled.

“You can say that.” Jonghyun followed and laughed.

“Yiyun, can I take Sooyun back to my house for tonight?” my Mom asked me.

“Appa!” Sooyun quickly jumped off her Umma’s lap and ran to my mother. “I’ll go with grandma.”she said.

She was not asking my permission. She had already decided to come with Mom.

“Alright.” I answered.

“Tomorrow, let’s go shopping, okay Sooyun-ah?” Jessica asked her.

“Don’t you have a date with Uncle Yuri, Auntie?” Sooyun answered tilting her head to the side.

We were surprised at what Sooyun had said. We all looked at the two who were both blushing madly. I did not expect that they are seeing each other.

“W-What are you talking about kid?” Yuri asked her stuttering.

“Uncle, you love Auntie right?” Sooyun said and smiled brightly.

Yuri blushed hard and what’s happening amused me. Seeing Yuri blushing hard made me laugh. Everyone did laugh except Sica who was blushing hard as well. This is really unexpected.

“Your daughter is really mischievous.” Mom whispered to me and smiled gently.

“I don’t know where she took that from.” I answered and chuckled softly.

“Obviously, from you Liu’s.” She answered and giggled softly.

It was already late in the afternoon when we decided to left that restaurant. Sooyun went with Mom and the gang went on their separate ways. I and Krystal were left behind. I have no work today and her as well.

“Are you tired?” I asked her and she lightly shook her head.

“I’m still good. Are you?”

“Same.” I smiled at her.

KRYSTAL’s POV

I was left behind with Amber. We were left alone. I do want to be left alone with him. I want to spend time with him, to focus my whole attention to him. I hope that he feel the same way. I waited for him to ask me to hang-out with him but he just stood beside me silently. I steal a glance at him and it seems to me that he is lost in his deep thoughts. I cleared my throat and that caught his attention.

“Uhm, I’m going back to the hotel.” I told him suppressing my annoyance and hiding my disappointment inside.

“W-What? I thought that…”he paused and pressed his lips together.

“You thought what?” I asked him.

“Nothing.” He smiled softly. “I’ll walk you back there.” He said.

I didn’t say anything while we were walking back to the hotel. I don’t know what’s bothering him but he did the same too. I decided to ignore him because right now, I’m already mad at him.

“Thanks for walking me here. See you around.” I said to him and closed my door.

I didn’t wait for him to say what he wanted to say. I knew that he was about to say to me something but all I wanted right now is to express my anger. So I slammed the door on his face.

“Stupid.” I mumbled annoyingly throwing my bag on the couch.

I dropped my on the chair and crossed my arms over my chest. Every time his image pops in my head, I get more annoyed. How could be this slow? Doesn’t he know how to make a move to the girl he likes… or worst love? I got irritated when someone knocked on my door.

“Wae?!” I yelled right after I opened the door.

I saw Amber looking surprised at me. I quickly mentally calm down my face. This idiot, did he even left? It was already 15 minutes ago when I arrived in my unit.

“You seem like you’re in a bad mood.” He told me.

“I just want to punch someone’s face right now.” I told him. “So what brings you back here?”

“Huh? I…” I raised my brows when he paused. “Uhm I…”he scratched his head.

This stupid is really struggling to finish his sentence. He took a deep breath and then cleared his throat before meeting my eyes.

“I just wanted to ask you if you are free tonight and would love to have dinner date with me?” he said.

I looked at him and it amused me seeing him this nervous. I decided to lift him up from his agony and answered his question.

“Pick me up here at 7. I don’t like waiting so don’t be late!” I glared at him and closed the door.

I leaned against the door and held my chest, feeling my pounding heart. I smiled uncontrollably when I heard him yelled ‘YES’ happily.

“Stupid.”

I should have experienced feeling this giddiness back in high school, not now.