31

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

 

I was left alone in our table. I think I raised my hopes up high, thinking that she loved me too because my heart is burning in pain right now.  I didn’t expect that being turned down will hurt like this. I already did my part. I already informed her about what she needed to know. With a heavy shoulder I went back to the room. I saw Sooyun sleeping peacefully. I lie down beside her and turn to face her.

 

"I will do my best for you to live." I whispered before I kissed her on her forehead.

 

It's too early for me to give up. I have to keep trying, I don't know for how many times and until when. All I know is that I have to do that.

 

"Appa...Appa...Appa!"

 

I heard Sooyun's voice getting more aduible in my ears. Her small hands are shaking my body.

 

"Hmmm." I hummed in response and turned to face her.

 

"Wake up! We have to see Umma and eat breakfast with her." she told me as she continued to shake my body.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw my daughter's annoyed face. I lazily got up and stretched my arms.

 

"Aish! You are really so slow!"she said annoyingly.

 

"Mianhae." I said curving an apologetic smile.

 

"You're not cute Appa!"she remarked and giggled. "Take a shower now."

 

I took a quick shower and find Sooyun waiting for me after I fixed myself.

 

"Let's go!" I told  her.

 

She jumped off the bed and held my hand curving a bright smile. She always this happy and excited when meeting Krystal. When we arrived at the lobby and spotted Krystal.

 

"Appa, it's Umma!"

 

She quickly ran her way towards Krystal but stopped halfway when a guy approached Krystal. She stood still on her spot.

 

"You can still approach her. Go on." I told her when I approached her.

 

She turned to me and I curved a smile.

 

"Come with me Appa." she pleaded.

 

I lightly nodded my head and we approached them. Sooyun held my hand tightly. I know my daughter is as nervous as me. We caught Krystal's attention and I curved a smile on her. Sooyun did the same too. Minho followed her gazed and looked at us.

 

“Mr. Liu, isn’t it?” he spoke.

 

“Yeah.” I replied.

 

“So what can we do for you?”

 

“Uhm, we were just wondering if you guys want to have breakfast with us. You see, my daughter wants to eat breakfast with Krystal.” I said to him and look at Krystal.

 

Minho looked at Sooyun then back to me.

 

“We’re planning to have our breakfast somewhere else.” Minho answered to me.

 

“Why don’t we join them, Minho?” Krystal said to him curving a smile.

 

“No! You will spend time alone with me today.” Minho opposed her with stern voice.

 

Krystal didn’t say anything but just flashed an awkward smile to us. Sooyun squeezed my hand and I know she wants me to say something.

 

“Alright, maybe some other time.” I replied forcing a smile.

 

Minho grabbed Krystal’s hand and dragged her away from us. I just followed my eyes on them. I know I can’t do anything on where I am standing in Krystal’s life right now. I am the one who is in the wrong position.

 

“Appa, I don’t like that guy.” Sooyun spoke.

 

“Me too.” I answered her.

 

“Why won’t you take Umma away from him?” she asked me curiously.

 

“I’m trying.”

 

“You said you are trying but you are not doing anything.” She retorted and pulled her hands away from my grip and run away.

 

I know she’s mad again at me. I ran after her going outside the building. When I got outside, I was surprised to see her with Krystal. She is carrying Sooyun who obviously cried.

 

“Now I’m in doubt if I should leave my daughter under your care.” Krystal told me and giggled.

 

If I am dreaming right now, I don't want to wake up.