33

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

 

For an unknown reason, Sooyun is gloomy again. She didn’t play with other kids and even Krystal can’t cheer her up. I don’t know what went wrong but it seems she’s upset over something. I really find it hard to understand girls. At this time they are happy then later they are upset.

 

“Still not saying why she’s upset?” I questioned Krystal and she lightly shook her head.

 

“She isn’t talking to me either.” Krystal sighed.

 

“Do you behave like her when you were a kid?” I asked Krystal.

 

“I-I don’t remember.” She answered with a pink shade on her cheek breaking our eye contact.

 

“She easily gets upset over simple things and sometimes on the things that we didn’t know what it was.” I stated.

 

“She asked you if you know that Ahjumma , right?”

 

“Yeah! But I really don’t know who she is.”

 

I think Sooyun got upset because I didn’t recognize that Ahjumma. How would I recognize her when I just met her?

 

“Well I think Sooyun wants you to get to know her.” Krystal presumed.

 

“Does she always come here?”

 

“She was here yesterday and today, she probably does.”

 

I approached Sooyun who is just sitting in one corner in the playroom. I stopped down and she turned her back on me.

 

“I’m sorry if I didn’t recognize that Ahjumma.” I apologized to her and I don’t know why am I apologizing right now. “ But Appa promise that next time I’ll meet her, I will get to know her.”

 

“You are just saying that.” She answered me.

 

“I promise that I will!”

 

She slowly turned around to face me and looked straight into my eyes. I curved a smile on her and she extended her hand,sticking up her pinky.

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

“Pinky promise!” I answered locking our pinkies.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

While Amber is talking with Sooyun, I received a call. I thought it was from Minho and I felt relieved that it is from my sister Jessica. She asked me to meet her in one restaurant, telling me that she bumped into an old friend. Amber came out from the playroom with now the smiling Sooyun.

 

“Alright Unnie, I will call you back.” I told her before I ended up the call.

 

“She wants to eat ice cream.” Amber said.

 

“Umma, let’s have mango flavor.” Sooyun said to me with a smile.

 

“You love mango too?” I asked her curiously and she nodded her head.

 

“I love mango and chocolate, Umma and Appa’s favorite flavors.” She stated and grinned.

 

She’s obviously in her good mood now. I smiled in respond to her and we head to the nearby ice cream shop. We both ordered mango flavor while Amber ordered chocolate. In attitude, if I were Sooyun’s real mother, I think she took 65 percent from me.

 

“Umma are you going to marry Appa?” Sooyun suddenly asked me in Korean.

 

I suddenly swallowed the ice cream that I just put inside my mouth. I quickly grabbed the glass of water beside me and took a drink.

 

“What happen?” Amber asked.

 

“N-Nothing.” I answered and smile awkwardly.

 

“You two should stop talking in Korean. Respect my presence.” Amber complained and Sooyun giggled.

 

“It’s a girl talk Appa.” Sooyun told him.

 

‘This kid knows a lot.’

 

“Umma, when you get married to Appa he will be more happy.” Sooyun continued to talk to me.

 

“Can you translate it? I only understand the word ‘Appa’.” Amber asked me.

 

“Appa, I told you it’s a girl talk. Just keep quiet!” Sooyun scold him.

 

“I might marry him.” I told Sooyun when she looked at me and she grinned.

 

“I should remind myself to buy an English-Korean translation book.” Amber mumbled.

 

After we finished our ice cream, I bid my goodbye to them and tell them that I’m meeting with my sister. Sooyun asked me to take her with me and I just agreed since Amber need to meet Mr. Lee.

 

“Umma, I’m excited to see Auntie Sica.” Sooyun stated happily on our way to the restaurant.

 

“She will love you.”

 

“I know.” She replied with a smirk.

 

We arrived at the restaurant and we first saw Unnie because she was facing at the direction where the door is. She waved her hands at us and I noticed that she kinda looked confused when she saw Sooyun with me.

 

“I didn’t know you babysit.” She spoke to me when she met me.

 

“I am not babysitting, Unnie.” I answered her.

 

“Then who is this little fella?”she asked.

 

“I’m Sooyun Liu.” Sooyun introduced herself curving a sweet smile.

 

Unnie raised her brows at her.

 

“Wait! Is your father Amber Liu?” Unnie asked curiously.

 

“Neh Auntie!” Sooyun answered that made my Unnie’s eyes widen.

 

“Krystal Jung Soojung! You didn’t kidnap her, did you?”

 

“You’re funny Auntie!” Sooyun remarked and giggled.  “Umma won’t do that.”

 

I can see the confusion in my sister’s face. But then, our attention was transferred to the woman who joined us. She looked surprised to see me and Sooyun.

 

“Oh, Mrs. Liu, this is my younger sister Krystal. Krystal, you probably don’t remember her but she is Amber’s mother.” Unnie introduced us to each other.

 

‘OH MY ING HELL!’