34

Our Little Angel

Krystal felt awkward around Mrs. Liu. Sooyun felt happy being with her grandma and same goes with Mr. Liu. Jessica on the other hand is confused in Krystal and Sooyun's relationship.

 

"Grandma, you should go with me, Umma and Appa in America." Sooyun told her curving a smile.

 

"I'll try." Mrs. Liu replied, curving a gentle smile as she pats the kid's head.

 

Jessica leaned closer to Krystal. She felt left out and she had no idea what's going on.

 

"Why is she calling you Umma?" she asked Krystal, looking at Sooyun.

 

"It's a long complicated story." Krystal whispered back.

 

"Sooyun does look like you. She has our Jung's eyes." Jessica commented, looking intently at Sooyun.

 

“Umma call Appa and tell him to come here!” Sooyun said excitedly that shifted Krystal’s attention to her.

 

Krystal glanced on Mrs. Liu and she knew that the old woman wasn’t ready to face her son yet. She can see it in her eyes.

 

“He is still busy, Sooyun.” Krystal replied with an apologetic smile.

 

Sooyun was disappointed but she just nodded her head.

 

“Hey baby, do you want to go shopping with me?” Jessica asked Sooyun trying to cheer her up. “Let’s go shopping after.” She continued curving a smile.

 

“Neh~” Sooyun answered and grinned.

 

AMBER's POV

 

Grandpa finally decided to invest in Mr. Lee Sooman's company. I was introduced to the rest of the boards and we had a meeting. After that, I decided to drop by in one bookstore before heading back to the hotel. I don't think Krystal and Sooyun are there now.

 

"English-Korean..."

 

I run my fingers on the books in the shelf, trying to look for one. I crooked a smile when I finally did. After I paid for it, when I got outside, unexpectedly I ran into Sooyun but with Jessica Jung. I greeted Jessica with a smile and she did the same

 

"Appa?" Sooyun called me looking surprise. "Why are you here?" she asked glancing at the bookstore.

 

"Should I be the one whose asking you that question?" I replied to her. "Where is your Umma?" I asked her, glancing at Sica.

 

"She's with our old friend."Jessica informed me and Sooyun looked at her with furrowed brows.

 

It made me wonder who Krystal is with. I know that Jessica is Krystal's sister now. It is not that hard to figure out.

 

"Thank you for looking after my daughter."I said to her.

 

"She's my niece, right? So it's okay, you don't have to say thanks to me." Jessica answered, curving a smile.

 

I felt embarrassed to her right now. I don't know if Sooyun blabbered to her everything or Krystal explained to her the situation we are in.

 

"Yeah." I answered her and smile awkwardly.

 

"Appa, come with us! Auntie and I will go shopping today." Sooyun said happily and grinned.

 

I ended up going with them. Jessica is a bit different with Krystal. She's quieter than her. Sooyun is walking in front of us and we are just following behind her.

 

"She's a smart kid." Jessica spoke.

 

"Yeah, she is."

 

“ You were around her age the last time I saw you.” She spoke. “Sooyun is as active as you.”

 

“I thought she got most of her traits from…” I paused and began to contemplate if I will mention Krystal’s name.

 

“From my sister?” she said raising an eyebrow on me.

 

“Well, uhm… yeah.” I answered as I scratched the back of my head.

 

“Since we were little, I already knew that you were fond of her.” She spoke. “You two were inseparable. I thought you were just treating her as your little sister, pretending to be her big brother.” She stated and giggled.

 

“I really didn’t remember my childhood anymore.” I answered.

 

I don’t recall anything except of that vague memory when Mom left me. I think my body just erased everything leaving that one painful memory that I find it hard to forget.

 

“Well, you were so young so it was expected.” She told me. “You were still a kid back then.”

 

“Yeah.” I answered with a weak smile.

 

“Do you love my sister?” she suddenly asked me that caught me off guard.

 

“Yeah.” I managed to answer her.

 

“Then what she did in the past won’t matter to you?”

 

That question made me look at her.

 

“Whatever past she has that won’t matter to me.” I answered her.

 

"She is with Choi Minho now, right?"

 

"Well, I really don't like that guy. He is blackmailing my sister to be with him." she answered me.

 

"What do you mean by that?"

 

"You'll find out soon."

 

“That was her previous boyfriend said to me too.” She said and scoffed.