14

Our Little Angel

Amber asked Key to look for Sooyun again and his best friend agreed. He left them and Sooyun bid good bye to him with a smile. He went to their company and prepared himself for his presentation. Bill met him and handed him a cup of coffee like the guy always does.

 

“You can have it, Bill.” Amber said that got him a bit surprise. “I had my breakfast.”

 

“O-Okay Sir.” Bill replied.

 

“Are they all here?” Amber asked referring to the boards.

 

“I don’t think so, Sir. It’s thirty minutes early before your meeting.” Bill answered.

 

“Right.” Amber responds and scoffed.

 

Amber took a deep breath after setting up. He reviewed his presentation, making sure that he won’t miss any information. He wants to get over with it as soon as possible. He really doesn’t like presenting something when his grandfather is around.

 

“Sir, they are already coming.” Bill stated.

 

“Okay, can you distribute the files?”

 

“Yes, Sir.”

 

Amber’s attention was shifted to his phone when he felt it vibrated in his pocket. He pick it up and raised his brows when he saw that it is Key.

 

“Appa!” Sooyun called happily on the other line.

 

“Hey! Can you we talk later. Our meeting will start now.” Amber said to her.

 

“Sooyun just want to say GOOD LUCK on your presentation, Appa! Do your best!” Sooyun cheered making Amber chuckled.

 

“Thanks, Sooyun.” Amber replied.

 

Amber’s boost up his courage and confidence. The thought of making Sooyun proud is motivating him to make this presentation a success. He calmed himself and geared up his confidence.  After the directors and his grandpa settled their butts, he started the presentation.  Every time that he gets intimidated by his grandpa’s presence and start losing his confidence, he thinks of Sooyun and it went on until he finished his presentation. The boards clapped their hands for his good job and Amber curved his smile, bowing to them. They left the room and Grandpa Liu remained seated on his chair.

 

“How was it, Sir?” Amber asked him.

 

“You did better this time.” Mr. Liu replied curving a faint smile. “Well done, Yiyun.” He continued, making Amber smiled widely. “But I will entrust that project to someone else.”

 

Amber’s smile dropped. He thought that he finally impressed his grandpa but he felt that he was wrong. He got disappointed of himself again. Grandpa Liu got up from his seat and walked towards Amber.

 

“Don’t misunderstand.”Grandpa said and Amber looked at him. “I’m sending you to Korea because I want you to handle more important things there.”

 

“Korea?”

 

“Yeas! I can’t entrust that to anyone in this company but to you. I’m getting old and I can’t travel to far places.” Grandpa stated.

 

“What am I going to do there?”

 

“You will meet my business partner before, Lee Sooman. He wants us to invest in his entertainment company and I want you to check it if it’s doing okay. You know I don’t want to lose money because of just investing in other people’s company. But I can’t say no to Sooman, he is an old friend.”

 

“I understand, Sir.” Amber replied with a smile.

 

“Okay, go there this weekend and report back as soon as possible.”

 

“Can I stay there for a couple of weeks more after my job?” Amber asked that made the old man raised his brows.

 

“This is the first time you ask for a leave.” Grandpa Liu said and let out a small laugh. “It’s not because of a girl, is it?”

 

Amber didn’t manage to answer right away and Mr. Liu got his answer.

 

“You can stay there as long as you want, but make sure you will be able to bring that girl here.” He said just before he walks out of the meeting room.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I didn’t expect grandpa will say that. He is probably waiting for me to settle down. I hope he won’t get a heart attack if I introduced Sooyun as his great grandchild. I wonder what his reaction would be if he knew I impregnated someone.

 

“Bill, just inform me what is happening in our company okay? Keep yourself updated.” I said to Bill.

 

“Yes, Sir.” He answered. “Anyway Sir, what happened to that little girl?”

 

“Well, I guess she already found her Dad.”I replied with a smile. “I’ll get going now.” I continued tapping him on his shoulder.

 

When I arrived in my place, I saw Key and Sooyun sleeping soundly on the couch. Key is leaning back while Sooyung is resting her head on Key’s lap. I don’t know what they had been doing because Key is wearing Sooyun’s ribbons. When I opened the door in my bedroom, Sooyun got up and groggily rubbed her eyes.

 

“Appa!” she called me and curved her smile.

 

She runs towards me and hugged me on my waist. I patted her head and she looks up to me with wider smile.

 

“Did I wake you up?”

 

“Nope! I just know that you’re already home. I had been waiting for you the whole day Appa!”

 

“Sorry if I made you wait.” I answered as I lightly pinched her cheek. “Appa will make it up to you. I’ll go to Korea to see your Umma.” I informed her and her eyes widened.

 

Sooyun jumps up and down in happiness waking up Key. He announced to the groggy Key about what I told her happily.

 

“Dude, the result had arrived earlier. I thought they will deliver it tomorrow but it seems they tried to finish the whole process in just one day.” Key informed me.

 

My heart began to pound when I heard what Key had said. Sooyun is looking at us with furrowed brows probably wondering what we are talking about.

 

“Did you look at the result?” I asked Key as he handed me the envelope.

 

“Not yet but whatever the result dude, are you going to fulfill your promise even if it is negative?” Key asked me.

 

I looked at Sooyun and she is looking at me with raised brows.  She curved her sweet smile and I did the same before I look at Key.

 

“I made a promise, didn’t I?”

 

“Then I guess you will be fine with the result.” Key replied and laughed.

 

‘This bastard did already see the result.’

 

I took a big gulped before I pulled out the paper inside and run through with it. I felt my world stop spinning when I saw the DNA test result.

 

Probability of Paternity: >99.99%