20

Our Little Angel

Amber doubted what Sooyun had said to him. He pretended to believe her and just agreed on it. He thought of leaving Sooyun in one playroom for a while so that she can play with other kids and he felt relieved when Sooyun agreed. He went back in SM Company to meet Mr. Lee once again. He did not expect to see Krystal in the lobby. He was about to approach her but a familiar guy entered in the picture that cause him to change his pace.

 

“Why am I even thinking of getting someone else’s girl?” Amber mumbled to his self before he entered the elevator.

 

Before it closed, another person entered and Amber became to feel uneasy. He is now alone with Krystal inside the elevator once again.

 

“So you are our new company’s investor.”

 

Krystal was the first one to speak, breaking the awkward silence between them. She too feels uneasy and awkward around Amber but she is a good actress to be able to mask her true feelings.

 

“It’s my Grandpa.” Amber replied shortly.

 

Krystal nodded her head in understanding. The elevator stopped on the third floor and a group of people entered inside that made to Krystal moved close to Amber. She greeted them and Amber just stood there. Amber noticed the strange look in those people’s eyes while looking at him but he chose to just ignore them. They talk to Krystal and he didn’t understand even just a single word on what they were talking about. They get off in the next couple of floors.

 

“Same old cold unsociable guy.” Krystal spoke sarcastically in Korean and scoffed.

 

“I memorized what you said and my daughter can translate it for me.” Amber answered that caught Krystal off guard.

 

“Whatever!” Krystal rolled her eyes on him and quickly exits the elevator when they reached the top floor.

 

Amber let out a small laugh remembering Sooyun in Krystal. He follows her behind and grabbed the doorknob on Mr.Lee Sooman’s office first after a knock to open the door. Krystal raised her left brow at him before entering inside. This time, it is just the three of them in the room.

 

“Mr. Liu, I’ll recommend Ms. Jung to become the new endorser of your new product.” Mr. Lee told me. “Besides, she’s very fluent in English and she’s American.”

 

“Are you okay with it Ms. Jung to leave Korea for a while?” Amber asked her.

 

“I don’t mind.” Krystal replied not looking at Amber.

 

When she knew that she will be working in Liu’s company in the US and will get to spend time with him more, she decided to accept this project. Amber got happy that Krystal agreed but he contain his happiness and just conceal it inside.

 

“I guess two weeks stay in America is long enough before my wedding.” She continued.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I thought I was over him. I thought that I don't that I don't have feelings for him anymore but I was wrong. Amber hast  this the same effect on me just like back then. I always feel the rush of euphoria just being close to him.

 

"How was your meeting with Mr. Lee?" Onew asked when I dropped by in their house.

 

We are sitting in their living room, having a cup of tea. Luna is joining us too and she is already six months pregnant.

 

"About that project abroad."

 

"You declined the offer, right?" he replied.

 

"Why would she decline that great offer?" Luna asked him with raised brows.

 

"Well, she..."

 

 

"I accepted it." I quickly said, cutting off Onew.

 

They both looked at me with confusion surfaced in my manager's face.

 

"I'll be endorsing a product their from Liu's company." I continued.

 

I know that Onew already got it why I accepted the project when I mentioned the company's  name.

 

"How long are you going to stay there?" Luna asked.

 

"Just a couple of weeks or less." I answered her.

 

"Have you discuss this to Minho?"Onew asked me.

 

"Yeah."

 

"And?"

 

"He agreed." I answered.

 

"A good husband should always support his wife's decision not unless it is wrong." Luna stated with a smile.

 

I curved a smile as a respond to her. “If that is how to be a good husband is, then what about a good wife?”

 

“Someone who will love her husband with all her heart.”

 

‘Then I guess I won’t become a good wife.’