6

Our Little Angel

For the first time, Amber was awoken not because of his alarm clock but because someone is continuously shaking him. Sooyun woke up early and decided to wake up her 'Appa' who fell asleep on his desk.

 

"Appa! Appa!"

 

 

Amber groaned in annoyance. He knows that it is still early because he hasn't heard the sound of his alarm clock yet.

 

"Appa wake up! I'm hungry!" Sooyun said loudly with annoyance in her voice.

 

"Aish!"Amber cussed under his breath before he got up.

 

He looked at Sooyun annoyingly but he met the kid's glaring eyes. He finds it more intimidating than his so he broke their eye contact.

 

"I want milk and pancakes!" Sooyun demanded and Amber let out a deep sigh.

 

"Just take a bath first while I'm preparing for breakfast." Amber said to her.

 

It made him raised his brows when she didn't answer him back. He turned to her and she is just standing in her spot puffing her cheeks.

 

"Oh, what is that? What are you sulking for?"Amber questioned.

 

"I don't have changed of clothes!" Sooyun answered sarcastically and rolled her eyes that made Amber flinched.

 

"I'll call someone to buy you a change of clothes."

 

"No, I want to choose my own clothes." she retorted.

 

"The malls are not yet open at this hour."

 

"Then you wash my clothes and have it dried quickly." Sooyun stated and flashed a bright smile.

 

Amber washed Sooyun's clothes and dried in the dryer. He doesn't understand why he follows what she wants. He felt controlled by her, like she put him under her spell. After he prepared the table, Sooyun already finished fixing herself.

 

"Your breakfast is ready,Princess!" Amber said, forcing a smile.

 

Sooyun stared at him raising her left brow. Amber stared back with confused expression on his face. He doesn't have any idea what she is waiting for. Sooyun glanced on the chair and Amber realized that she wanted him to pull her chair for her.

 

AMBER's POV

 

She did mean it when she told me I have to treat her like a Princess. What a spoiled little brat! I pulled her chair and she sat down on it. I took the seat opposite to her and she seemed happy in our set up.

 

"Appa, when are you going to meet Umma?" she questioned me.

 

"I don't know. Probably when she starts looking for you." I replied.

 

"But she won't do that."she retorted sadly that made me look at her. "She will never look for me." she continued looking at her pancakes on the plate.

 

She became gloomy again and I can't help but blame myself for it. I feel like it is my fault every time she feels that way.

 

"Alright, I will look for your Umma as soon as possible so don't frown anymore."

 

"Really?" she said, looking at me intently with raised brows.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Can you meet her today?" she replied with her expectant smile again.

 

"Yeah, if you will bring me to her."I replied thinking that we should have this conversation yesterday.

 

"I-I don't know where she is right now." she replied weakly.

 

"Just tell me your home address."

 

"I don't have one and I don't know where Umma live right now."

 

'No wonder she got lost.'

 

"Just tell me her name and I'll ask Bill to look for her."

 

She looked at me with bright smile on her face. I scoffed seeing how fast she can change her mood.

 

"Jung Soojung." she answered me. "But you can also call her Krystal."

 

So this kid is indeed not Chinese but a Korean. She is not Liu Sooyun but Jung Sooyun.

 

"Umma is really pretty Appa, you'll love her."she continued with a playful smile.

 

'This kid, she is really rooting me for her Umma.'