46.

Our Little Angel

Sooyun was just observing her father while the adults were talking. She didn't like the expression on Amber's face. She felt the need of doing something to bring his Appa back to normal. So after her Uncle Key left, she approached her Appa.

"Appa~" she called softly and reached her hands towards him, curving a hopeful smile.

Amber looked at his daughter for a brief moment before lifting her up and carrying her. The little girl swings her hand around his neck and gaze through the window looking at the city lights.

"Appa, do you think Umma is out?" Sooyun asked.

She looked at Amber's expression carefully. She wanted to figure it out if he was mad at Krystal. She was disappointed to see that there was no changes in Amber's.

"Are you mad at Umma?" she asked sadly,looking straight into Amber's eyes while cupping his cheeks. "Waeyo?"

"I'm not mad at your Umma, don't worry." Amber curved a small smile for her daughter.

"Your eyes,  I can see something different."

"What do you mean?"

"I see anger, hate, hurt, and sadness." She stated worriedly that surprised Amber. 

Sooyun hugged him lovingly. She wanted to comfort her Appa but she did not know how. She didn't know why but she ended up crying on his shoulder. Upon noticing that his daughter cried, Amber felt worried. He hugged his daughter lovingly and assured her not to worry.

"Appa, let's find Umma." 


KRYSTAL's POV

I decided to go to my Unnie's place. She figured that there was something wrong and I told her everything. I did not expect that Minho would really do that to me.

"Now I want to shoot that bastard in the head! How dare him!" my sister stated furiously.

"I don't know how will I face Amber now as well as Sooyun. I don't deserve to be a part of their family anymore. I'm just a shame to them." I sobbed.

"Soojung.."Unnie called me softly and hugged  me. "I don't think those two would want you out of their family."

"But I can't. I don't want to drag them down in my mess." I looked at her.

Our attention was shifted to her door when the doorbell rang. It kept on ringing and Unnie got annoyed by it.

"Aish!" she cussed. 

"Just get the door Unnie." I told her wiping my tears.

"If this is Yuri, I swear I will cut his balls off!" she marched towards the door.

JESS' POV 

"What?!" I screamed right after I opened the door.

Sooyun and Amber looked at me surprised. He was carrying her and I think the little girl had been crying because here eyes were puffy. I got embarrassed.

"I'm sorry if we disturbed you." Amber said and slightly bow his head as well as Sooyun.

"Sorry Auntie." Sooyun followed.

"A-Ani!" I said frantically, waving my hands in front. "You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry for screaming." I bowed to them.

"It's okay Jess. It's our fault for annoying you with your doorbell." Amber smiled sofly. "Someone here is just really excited to see her Umma."

I looked at them and they both curved a smile but their eyes were telling me that something was up.

"Who told you that she was here?" I asked, making a way for them to come in.

"We just figured that she would be here." Amber answered. " Thanks." he entered inside with Sooyun.

Krystal was surprised to see them. Her eyes were still swollen from crying ahd she's still in a mess. She was just sitting on the couch. Sooyun got down from Amber and quickly ran towards her.

"Umma!" the little kid called her happily and hugged tightly.

Amber was just looking at them. He was just standing beside me and from the corner of my eye, I saw the worriedness in his eyes while lookinh at Soojung. I figured that he did knew my sister's past. He smiled at Krystal when their eyes met.

"You do love my sister right?" I asked him.

"Yeah~I've never thought that I could love someone this much. " he smiled lovingly while looking at her.

"I was ready to shoot you in the head if you said no." I spoke in Korean and he looked at me with furrowed brows." I said, since it's almost dinner time, I'll prepare a food for us." I smiled.

"Oh- thank you." he bowed and that made me giggled.

"Don't ever learn how to speak Korean,okay?" I  patted him on his shoulder and turned to Sooyun. "My pretty niece, help your beautiful Auntie in cooking our dinner~" I said to her.


"Nae~" Sooyun kissed Soojung's cheek that made my sister smile before she walked towards me.

"Let's go to the grocery store first and let's buy ice cream."I  said holding Sooyun's hand.

Sooyun's eyes lit up as soon as she heard the word ice cream. She grinned widely and then we excused ourselves. From the time we got out of my unit, she looked back and I saw her looking worried.

"Appa and Umma will not fight, right Auntie?" she asked.

"Of course not! Trust your parents' love. They are both crazy over each other." I winked and smiled at her and she smiled back.