39.

Our Little Angel

AMBER’s POV

 

I ran after my mother. I know if I won’t run after her, I might never see her again. She might not show herself to me anymore. I don’t understand why she didn’t introduce herself from me. I want to know why she left me. I want to know if she’s doing okay, if she’s really okay without me because if she is, then I might not hate her for leaving me.

 

“Mom!” I yelled at her when she was about to get inside the cab.

 

It’s been a long time since the last time I uttered that word. It feels new to me addressing someone with that.

 

“Please, stop.” I continued when she halted.  “Mom.”

 

I can see the hesitation in her face to turn to me. I felt scared. I felt scared that she will choose to leave again than to be with me. I only felt relieved when she finally turned around and faced me. I look straight in her eyes and I saw it again. The same look in her eyes when we first met.

 

“Yiyun…”

 

“Why?” I cut her off.

 

I keep myself calm as I can. I don’t want to cry in front of her. I’m afraid that if she sees me cry, she will feel guilty and choose to leave again. She curved a gentle smile, the smile that I have forgotten.

 

“I’m happy to see you grow in such a fine man.  I’m happy that…”

 

“Answer me Mom! Why?” I cut her off again. “Why you did you leave me? Please, give me your reason so I will understand.”

 

“I was sick back then Yiyun.” She began. “I thought I was going to die with that illness.”

 

She informed me and it felt like something squeeze my heart. I slowly feel anger building up inside me. The thought of not being able to be with her in times when she needed someone most angers me. I was maybe young back then and couldn’t do anything to treat her illness but I want to be with her. Parents may doesn’t want their children see that they are in misery but they should be aware that children don’t want to leave their parents the more when they are in misery.

 

“But here you are.” I replied, thankful and happy but can’t help to worry about her health. “Are you well now?”

 

“Yeah.” She replied shortly.

 

I nodded my head in understanding, feeling completely relieved.

 

“I’m glad to hear that. I really am.” I said curving a smile and my vision becomes blurry.

 

When I realized that my eyes are welling with tears I quickly rub them with my hand.

 

“Something got into my eyes.” I quickly excused and Mom softly giggled.

 

“You never change.” She stated that made me look at her. “I’m sorry Yiyun if I caused you pain.”

 

“I understand now why you left. I know that you were thinking of what was the best for me at that time. I understand now. I know my pain is nothing compared to yours.”I smiled at her.

 

She walked towards me and hugged me tight. I began to remember how warm a mother’s hug is. I hugged her back and I know she cried. I don’t care if other people are looking at us. I invited her to have lunch with us and she agreed. We were looking back at the restaurant and I spotted Krystal who just stepped out from a cab.

 

“Go and greet your wife.” Mom told me.

 

“Er…okay.” I answered her with an awkward smile.

 

“I’m happy for you, honey.” She curved a warm smile before pecking my cheek.

 

“Thanks Mom.” I replied smiling back at her. “Why don’t you get inside first, we will just follow.”

 

Mom head inside the restaurant first and I walk to where Krystal is. I noticed that she heaved a deep sigh.  It made me wonder if she’s okay or not.

 

“Hey!” I greeted her with a smile.

 

“Hi!” she greeted me, returning back my smile. “Why are you here outside?” she asked and then glanced behind me.

 

“It might be weird but…”

 

“Your Mom is here too.” She spoke and softly giggles.

 

“Am I the only one who didn’t know that she was my Mom before?” I asked and scoffed.

 

“I guess stupid pick up every information too slow.”

 

“Now I confirmed that Sooyun got most of your trait.”

 

She softly giggled on what I said and I noticed a pink shade on her cheeks. I find her cute seeing this way.

 

“I’m glad that you will be able to come here. I thought your fiancé won’t let you.”

 

“He didn’t.” she answered me that got me confused. “And that’s why he became my ex fiancé now.”

 

I got totally surprised when I heard what she said. I’m honestly happy about it. I feel like jumping up and down because of happiness but I want to play it cool. I suppressed my extreme feeling of happiness deep inside and just curved a smile.

 

“What took you so long?” I said and curved a playful smile.

 

“I guess I’m a pabo too for not being able to realize that I should have done that a long time ago.”

 

“At least, we are compatible on that.” I retorted and laughed.