15

Our Little Angel

Key saw how his friend's eyes slowly widened and he crooked a smile. Amber quickly hug Sooyun like he found a precious treasure. The kid giggled on her father's silly act. For the first time, Key saw Amber cry.

 

"Appa, what's wrong?" Sooyun asked looking Amber with concern when she him cry.

 

"Nothing is wrong Sooyun. Everything is perfect." Amber replied curving a smile.

 

"Then why are you crying?"Sooyun replied and wiped Amber's tears. "Don't cry Appa, it's making Sooyun sad."

 

"I'm crying because I'm so happy right now." Amber answered curving his dorky smile that madf Sooyun giggled.

 

"Umma loves it every time you smile like this."

 

They both turned to Key when they heard him sniffled. They both laugh seeing him being dramatic too.

 

"Are you so happy too right now , Uncle Key?" Sooyun said to him.

 

"Yeah but don't mind me." Key said as he wiped his tears curving a smile.

 

"Appa, let's hug him too." Sooyun said.

 

"Come here buddy."Amber spoke, spreading his fee arm.

 

AMBER's POV

 

While Sooyun is distracted by a cartoon show, I and Key talked in the  dinning room. I feel great knowing that Sooyun is my child. I know I am not that good at parenting but I'm willing to learn how to become a good father. I have to make up to her and to Soojung for the five years I haven't spend them.

 

"So what is your plan now?"

 

"I'm going to Korea to meet Soojung." I answered Key.

 

"What will you do once you meet here?"

 

"I'll ask for Sooyun's full custody if her husband won't take Sooyun with her."

 

"Hnmm." Key hummed and nodded his head in understanding. "But I think Sooyun wants you to become a whole family. She probably found out that you are her father and came here to get you and bring to her Umma."

 

"I can't just snatch someone else fiancee." Amber said and scoffed. "That's not right."

 

"It is not really snatching. You will just retrieve what is really yours in the first place." Key answered.

 

"There was no Soojung and I Key. She was never mine and Sooyun is just a product of our immature act." I told him and he scoffed.

 

"Think about it, Sooyun will definitely feel devastated if you  guys won't end up together. All children want their parents to be together."

 

"But there are circumstances that prevent that from happening."

 

"Well, at least just give it a try bro. Besides, Sooyun won't get you if she see that Soojung is really happy with that man,right?"

 

"I look into the situation first before I act. Other's happiness is at sake so I can't be reckless in my actions."

 

"If it is getting Jung Soojung, I guess you will do even the craziest thing you won't imagine doing it before." Key spoke and laughed.

 

"I always act rationally in all things Kibum!" I replied and chuckled.

 

"I wonder if you can say that when you meet Soojung. If Sooyun captures your heart that quickly, then I think Soojung will too."

 

"You sound like you know Soojung very well." I scoffed

 

"Every time I see Sooyun, she reminds me of Soojung. I think you guys will become a perfect family."

 

"Let see if I like her."

 

"I think, let's see if she will like you is the correct one."Key said and laughed.

 

When Key left, I noticed Sooyun who is in deep thought. It made me wonder what she was thinking so I approached her, sitting on the bed next to her. She snapped out of her thoughts and turned to me.  She then curved a smile.

 

“Appa, are you going to sleep beside me now? You are done with your work, right?” she asked me.

 

“Do you want me to sleep beside you?” I replied and she frantically nodded her head with a big smile.

 

I fixed our bed and I lay beside her. She snuggled closer to me, making my arm as her pillow. I laughed at her action.

 

“Appa, do you think Umma will be happy to see me?” she questioned me.

 

“Yeah, of course! Why wouldn’t she?” I replied looking at her.

 

“I don’t know if she is ready to see me there yet.” She replied.

 

I think she was really kept from the public. I understand Soojung’s side but her action might have hurt our daughter.

 

“Appa, let’s see her tomorrow?” she suddenly said, meeting my eyes with a big grin on her face. “Uncle Key said that you don’t have work anymore.”

 

“Well…”

 

“Please Appa, let’s see Umma.” Sooyun pleaded showing her puppy eyes.

 

“Okay, let’s go there. I hope you have a passport to travel to Korea.”

 

“Passport?” she asked me with furrowed brows.

 

“Have you been to other places before?” I questioned her and she lightly shook her head. “Well, I think I need to get you a passport before going there.” I said to her and she nodded her head.

 

I asked Bill to process Sooyun’s passport. It took three days and it was already Sunday when we flew going to Korea. Key taught me the basic Korean greetings. When we arrived at the airport, I noticed the excitement in my daughter’s face. She became so hyperactive. I think she is this happy to see her mother.

 

“Appa! Hurry up, let’s find Umma.” She said pulling me with my hand.

 

I saw Krystal’s billboard hanging in the city. I know that she is famous but I didn’t expect that she is this famous.

 

“Appa, look it’s Umma!” Sooyun exclaimed pointing Krystal’s billboard.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I answered curving a smile.

 

We head straight tothe hotel where we will stay. Sooyun fell asleep right away and I decided to take a walk aside for a while to think. I was waiting for the elevator but when it arrived and opened, there was only a single person inside. Even if she’s wearing sunglasses, I know that it is her.

 

‘Jung Soojung.’