4

Our Little Angel

Amber kept stealing glances at the kid. He noticed that she is still gloomy. He heaved a deep sigh before he approached her. He put on a bright smile on his face thinking that she will smile too.

 

“Hey, do you like ice cream? I got a lot of them in the fridge.” I asked him.

 

“Is it mango or chocolate?” Sooyun replied with glistening eyes that amazed Amber.

 

“It is chocolate.” Amber replied and chuckled.

 

“I want it!” the little kid exclaimed happily.

 

“Okay, wait for a while. I’ll get them for you.”

 

Amber grabbed a small bowl and get the ice cream from his fridge. He put two scoops of ice cream in the kid’s bowl and head back to the living room.

 

“Here’s your ice cream!” he said and handed the bowl on her.

 

He feels happy seeing that she is not gloomy anymore. He is just watching her enjoying her eyes cream. Their eyes met when she look at him.

 

“Appa, eat some too. I’ll feed you.” The kid said.

 

“Ah, n-no. It’s okay.” Amber said frantically but the kid already took a spoonful of ice cream.

 

“Open your mouth.” She told him.

 

AMBER's POV

 

I opened my mouth and let her feed me. I don't want to upset her again. She flashed a bright smile to me and continued eating.

 

"Do you find it delicious?" I asked her.

 

"Uhuh!" she replied to me and nodded her head then grinned. "This is one of my favorite flavors."

 

"What is your other favorite?" I asked her.

 

"Mango. Just like Umma's favorite." she replied that made me raised my brows.

 

She put down her spoon and then turned to me. She had this serious expression on her face.

 

"Appa, are you going to meet Umma?" she suddenly asked.

 

"Y-Yeah, I might meet her." I answered her.

 

"Really?" she answered me with raised brows,looking at me with expectant eyes.

 

"Yeah." I answered.

 

"Pinky promise?"she said extending her hand with her pinky sticking up.

 

I laughed at her antics. I locked my pinky on her cute little finger.

 

"Pinky promise." I answered and a big smile is flashed on her face.

 

"I'm sure you will love Umma,Appa." she stated.

 

I hope this kid is not expecting too much. I wonder how old her mother is.

 

"Sooyun, how old is your Umma?"

 

"She's 23 now Appa. You better remember all about her and don't forget anything about Umma, if you don't want her to get mad. You won't like it when she gets mad!" she warned me putting back her serious expression.

 

So her mother got pregnant when she was about 17-18 years old. I’m a hundred percent sure that I haven’t sleep with Asian girls when I was around 19-20. I hoped that woman isn’t physically abusing her child.

 

“Sooyun, are you scared of your Umma?” I asked her and she lightly shook her head.

 

“Umma is nice and Sooyun knows Umma loves her so much.” She replied with a bright smile.

 

“Then why did you left your house?” I questioned and her smile slowly fades.

 

“I told you Appa, if Umma gets married to someone Sooyun will disappear so I came here to find you and bring you to Umma!” she said firmly. “So stupid.” She mumbled which made me flinched.

 

I think she got annoyed at me.

 

“Just eat your ice cream.” I sighed.

 

My attention was shifted to my phone when it rang. I got up when I saw Bill’s name on the screen.

 

"I'll just take this call. You continued eating your ice cream and don't spill it anywhere." I told her.

 

"You don't have to tell me, Appa. I'm already old enough to eat properly without a mess." Sooyun answered me.

 

"Right." I scoffed.

 

I left her in the living room and answered Bill's call. I hope that this guy will bring some good news to me.

 

"Any good news?"

 

"I'm sorry Sir but there was no reports of her in any police stations." he answered.

 

"I see. Thank you Bill, you may have your day off tomorrow." I sighed.

 

"R-Really ,Sir?" Bill answered in disbelief.

 

"Yeah, but you have to show up early for the next day. We have a big day."

 

"Okay Sir, thank you!" Bill replied happily.

 

I think between us, I was the one who brought some good news to him. I guess that annoying kid will be staying in my place tonight. Geez!