Chapter 7

Inspirations

Seoul, June 2011
-You don't have any activities scheduled for the nex week – said manager, closing the tab with calendar on his ipad.
-We have none? Why?-asked Jonghun, in behalf of the whole band.
-it;s becouse of meeting with new manager and moving to the new dorm – answered manager – I was asked by your new CEO to do it like that. You are supposed to know your new manager better and have some time to pack and moovie your things without worrying about performances and such stuff.
-Ohh we see... - said Hongki.
-When the meeting with this person will be held? - asked Jaejin.
-It'll be tommorow.
-And moving? - asked Seunghyn.
-You are supposed to move in 5 days, so you should start packing now.
All boys nodded and walked to their rooms to pack up their things.
Band members was exited and nervous at the same time.

Poland, June 2011
Hana took the last look at her house. Dad was waiting for her in the car. Her luggage was already sent to Korea on the day before, so she had just one bag with things she might need while travelling by plane.
She sitted by his dad side. He asked her:
-Are you really sure about it? You can still change your mind.
-Dad... -Hana sighted – I'm never changing my mind.
-Ok then, lets's go.

On plane
Armchairs on buisness class were really comfortable, perfect for taking a nap, becouse the flight was long. That's what Hana's father did. But girl took out her lappy from a bag and started to reviev the materials about the band she ws supposed to work with. She had two reasons to do so – one was the fact she wanted to take the job seriously, another one was the need to make her mind busy with something in order to prevent recalling her feelings to Jack.
She putted earphones on her ears, playing their music. She liked it and she never actually cared how band's members look like when she liked what they play. But this time she had to find out as much as possible about them to be prepared...
First one was the file with band's bio. She got impressed about it, becouse she didn't think this band will be so popular, they were even having sucesses in Japanese music industry. The reason behind band's name make her smile. But then she started to think about what will happen with this name when 6th member will be added, as her father informed her. She decides not to bother as for now.
Later she opened the file with members info.
-Choi Jonghoon, position: leader, guitarist, pianist.- she told without making a sound to make herself better remember it. -Oh, he's quite handsome. And my age. - she thought after reading whole card.
She moved to the next one:
-Lee Hongki , position: main vocalist – she did the same think as before, saying soundless – Another one my age. And I must say his voice is awesome.
And the next one.
-Lee Jaejin, position: bassist, vocalist – she said – Oh, so he's the on who written yume. He looks somewhat goatish, dunno why...
She changed the page:
-Choi Minhwan, position drummer – moved soundless – What a cute kiddo. Oh, and he sings too.
And the last page:
-Song Seunghyun, position: guitarist, vocalist, rapper – Hana said – He's got nice smile. Makes you want to smile too.
She closed the file and thought:
-So now guys, let's see how do you behave on some music shows....


Seoul, June 2011
Hongki started to walk back and forth in somewhat empty dayroom. Most of things were already taken to new dorm.
-Calm down, man, you're not the only one who's nervous – said Jaejin looking at him.
-Yeah, what's the point being nervous – said Seunghyun with optimistic smile. - Guy's we should be happy, we'll become worldwide know now.
-But still it's a sudden change in our lives – commented Jonghun
-I wonder how's our lives will be now... - said Minhwan.
At this time the dood opened and all boys suddenlt stood up, looking that way.
First one to come in was their current manager. Aftter him CEOs of FnC and RD Records were walking. They are were followed but short, skinny person, wearing sweatshirt with the hood on his head.
„New manager?” FTI boys thought wile seeing him.
Kai welcomed them with bright smile.
-So how's going? Have you packed everything? - boys nodded – Good. Then you should get ready to change your lives.
-Get to the point of our today's meeting, Kai – said FnC CEO.
-Oh, yes, yes. - Kai told – We're here today becouse we brought your new manager, may I introduce to you...
At this moment the person in hood walked to the front
-Sorry for the hood, but your manager identity will be hidden as for now. We didn't wanted anyone to see her face.
„Wait! Her?”-all boys thought at the same time.
Misterious person raised hands and took off the hood. Long, golden hair has fallen on her back. She looked at them with pure, blue eyes.
-It's your new manager – said Kai – I'm entrusting you to the person I trust the most, my daughter Hana. Beside beign your manager she will also take care of directing your MV, she already have some experience in this matter. Do you know MV for Nickelback's „If today was your...”
-Dad – she intruded him using English – stop it already...
-Okay kids –said Kai - We gotta go make some buisness so you stay here and got to know each other.
He took current FTI manager and FnC CEO with him and they walked out.
FTI members and Hana got left, standing in the middle of the room and staring at each other. Boys didn't know what to do, girl waited for them to make some move first.
Hongki started to whisper in Jonghun ear
-Don't you feel like we got fooled? We were supposed to get new good manager who speaks both English and Korean and we got a girl and it doesn't seems like she knows our language.
-She is our noona, she only looks like that. She won't direct this MV if she wouldn't be older...
-Don't be rude to our guest – said Jaejin to the vocalist and came closer to the girl saying in English – Hello, I'm Lee Jaejin, It's nice to meet you.
-I'm Hana, nice to meet you to – answered Hana using english.
After Jaejin took a first step all members introduced themselves. They noticed that the girl, beside being inaprotiate in their eyes for the manager, was really beautiful, with her hip-long golden hair, light blue eyes and pale skin. She was shorter than all of them what makes her seem cute, along with wearing too big for her sweatshirt. She was smiling lightly hearing their attemps to speak foreign language.
When boys started to make up some conversation using English, Kai walked into the room and seeing this he said to Hana in Korean
-Hey, stop fooling them already. I know you like this joke but it became rude right now. You should say sorry.
-Sorry – Hana said to them in fluent Korean, with perfect accent, smiling apologetically – Dad, I just wanted to check out teir language skills at the beginning... And this was the best way...
Boy's jawns has fallen hearing her talking in Korean as she would be born in this country.
-I have to go for something once again, be good – Kai said and walked out once again.
-So now you feel less folled? - she said with smile looking at Hongki – I also speak fluently Japanese, if this will be needed.
-Ahh, yes.. Noona... -said embarrased Hongki.
-I'm not your noona – said Hana – So don't call me that.
-Then may I ask how old are you? - asked Jonghun.
-I'm the same age as your two oldest members.
FTI guys blinked: „Such young manager?”
-Ok, let's finish this pointless talking and start to talk about more important stuff – Hana get to her serious mode. - I have some annoucements.
It was kinda weird to listen to her orders instead of the their Korean manager, becouse of her age, hight and the fact she was a girl...
-As you know from now on I'll be your international manager. I want you all to cooperate with me to help you get the best results. After your Japanese tour you'll take serious English classes to reach the level of english when it'll be easy for you to communicate with native speakers and pronunce your new songs well.
-New songs? - asked Seunghyn.
-You are supposed to record new, all English album after your new member will join. About this new person we are currently searching, we already have some candidates, we will choose 5 approtiate ones, and you'll be the ones who pick one from them. We decided it'll be the best, couse you know who would suit you better than us.
-Ahh, so that's how this will be done... - said Hongki.
-And about this new album- continued Hana – Forget about another songwriters beside yourselves. Every sound, every word on it should be yours.... You have to write total 12 songs. And forget about using instruments you can't play in this compositions also...
-Why such restrictions? - asked Jonghun – I don't mind the part about writing, but not using some instruments...
-This rule is made becouse you should be able to play every song competely live, with none background sound played, without loosing it's character.
At this moment two CEOs and manager walked in.
-Have you get to knonw each other? – asked FnC CEO.
FTI guys and Hana nodded.
-Don't worry, you'll get to know each other much better when you start to live together. - said Kai
FnC CEO whispered to Kai's ear:
-Do you really think it'll be ok to let five young boys and young girl live together in one home without anyone to take control over them? - Kai just smiled easefully hearing this.

***

 

The day of changing dorms came. Buys went to the bus, holding cases with their precious instruments. The rest of their belongins was already on new place. Thye took the last look and drived away.

While beign on the car thya started to talk about ther 1st topic recently – new manager, Hana.

-So what do you think of her? - asked Jonghoon.

-Commanding – said Hongki.

-Big-note herself – added Jaejin.

-But she's somehow cute – uttered Minhwan.

-She's real beauty- said Seunhyun – I wonder does she had coca cola shaped body under this clothes...

-Seunghyun! - Hongki interfered him – We're discussing important matters now.

-I know, hyung, I know... - nodded maknae.

-But this is something important actually – realized Jonghun – Tell me, but honestly, didn't you felt atraccted by her looks?

All they can do was doing single nod.

-This can make complications in the future, so let's promise we won't fight between ourselves for her attention. Wqe're the team. It will be the best if we wont get affiliaded with her in this way.

-Deal! - said Minhwan with smile.

-Ok, I agree – said Jaejin, nodding.

-Me too – Hongki followed them – And what about our casanova?

-Oh, let it be as you said – a little bit disapoiment was heard in Seunghyun voice.

 

 

This day Hana's father had some meeting in the morning, so they decided to meet on place. All Hana's things were alredy there, so she decided to go there by motorbike instead of the car. Speed made her feel better. But still she kept reminding past events. She kinda felt guilty for trade them this way the other day, but she didn't wanted to be closer with them more than this is absolutely necessary. After whole story with Jake, Hana felt scared of befriending anyone, becouse she might get hurt, so she decided to close her heart for them, even thought they felt ridiculously familair...

She started to drive even faster and soon she get to the place.The van stood up i front of huge, modern looking house in Seoul's surburbs. Arond it was huge area with garder.

They walked off the van and Jaejin asked the manager:

-Is this where we're suppose to live now?

Manager nodded.

-All alone? - asked Hongki.

-Indeed – answered manager.

They walked to the entrance and they've seen someone's standing there. When they come closer they've realized, it's Hana. But she looked much different than the other day. Her long hair were combed into the ponytail. She was wearing leather, black and red motorbike jacket, which was ped and underneth she wore white t-shirt with black printings. Her jeans trousers were ragen in few places, and below the knees putted into bootleg of hight black sneakers. Under her arm she was holding motorbike helmet.

They looked at ther without word for a while, but finally mamager broke this awkward silence.

-Hello Hana, you're here alone? Where's your father?

-I came by myself, Dad will come later, but we can go in. I've got the keys – she answered.

They've come to the door and Hana opened it. After passing small corridor they've went to amazingly spacious dayroom, connected with kitchen and dining room. Half of the biggest of the walls was covered with windows. On the middle there was two, looking comfortable sofa's and small table. On the side was big plasma tv with some shelivings around, on which diverse RTV utilites were.

On the one of the corners was entrance to the corridor. Nerby it stairs leaded up, to some premises, hidden behind frosty looking glass, when you looked from the middle of the dayroom.

Hana turned her face to them and said.

-Welcome in your new house. If you go further this corridor you'll find your bedrooms. Evaery of you has it;s own. Mine is the firts one from left, The rest is for you to choose. There's also a room for you, manager, and one will be left for the new member.

-Then what is upstairs? - asked Jonghun, pointing is finger up.

-My office – answered Hana – And recording studio.

-We have our pivate studio?! - asked excited Jaejin. The rest of FTI band flet the same way.

-Yes, it's fully proffesional one, so you don't need to go anywhere to record. There're also two seprate practise rooms, bigger for whole band and smaller if you want to practise alone, both are competely soundproof. Why don't you go for a tour around, until Dad comes and we can talk about organising your new work?

Boys walked to see the rest of a house while Hana putted motorbike helmet on the table an went to the kitchen. She took some drinks from the fridge and putted them on the table in dayroom. When she was sitting on the sofa, Kai walked in.

-So you are all already here? - he asked.

-The rest of band is choosing their rooms – Hana answered at the moment when happy screams came from the corridor leading to the bedrooms – And seems like they like it.

Kai sitted beside Hana and they've waited for the while.

When band came to the they room, Kai welcomed them and ordered to sit.

-You will talk, or I should – he asked, looking at Hana.

-Go on – answered the girl.part

-Ah, ok.- Kai started to speak - So today we're officialy begining our partnership. For upcoming month, when you'll have alredy scheduled tour in Japan, Hana will get used to work with you and vice-versa, and later she will take all the tasks included in managing job. When you'll come back we'll have auditions for you to chose a new member, and you'll start recording new, long-playing, English album for international promotion.

-But you can start writing songs already, becouse all album is supposed to be written by you – intruded Hana.

-You have scheduled performance today, right? - asked Kai and boys nodded – You should go nad prepare then. Hana will go with you. And after it you should throw youselves a party to celebrate starting new way and know each other better, I mean you and Hana – he smiled looking at his daughter.

-Party? - Seunghyun asked – Can we?

-Yes, yes you can – answered Kai – there're alredy some things prepaded for it in the kitchen.

Kai said his goodbyes and left.

-I'm alredy likeing it – said Seunghtun.

-We haven't seen our studio upstairs-said Jonghun and asked loking at Hana – Can we befor we go?

Hana nodded and brief smile appeared on her face, what suddelny made her looking more friendly.

 

Finnaly they walked off the house. Boys aimed their steps to the van, while Hana took her motorbike.

-You can drive it?-asked Seunghyun.

-Of course I can. It'll be stupid of me trying to drive when I can, won't it – answered Hana with annoyance on her voice.

-Ah I see – said Seunghyun and suddely his face brighten up with a smile, whe idea cameinto his mind- Will you learn me how?

Hana looked at him with eyes saying: „Are you kidding me?” and answered:

-Learn by yourself – and she putted her helmet – We'll meet on the place – she said looking at the rest of the band and drove away.

-Let's go Seunghyun – said Hongki – And give it up, she is immune to your charm.

 

Preparations for the concert were halfway done, as for setting the stage. FT Island was supposed to record instrumental part to play it later on the show. Only vocal parts were live.

When bous reached there Hana was talking with show director about something, gesticulating energically. Director was somehow annoyed, but she managed to make him agree to the thing she wanted, and finally he nodded.

Hana smiled, satisfactioned and bowed to him. At this moment she relied boys already came and walked to them.

-Guys, change of plans – she informed them – You're going to perform competely live on this show.

-What do you mean competely? – asked Hongki.

-You mean, instruments too? - asked Jonghun.

-So no acting? - Jaejin added his question too.

-Fully live from beginning to the end? – added Minhwan.

-Exactly – Hana siad just one word.

-Yay! How did you persuade them? - asked Seunghyun.

-I have my own ways... - answered Hana misteriously with brief smile telling : „Don't ask...”

Band members took their instruments and started to set them on the stage. It was supposed to be first time they'll be performing like that... They never wanted to let them and now this girl in few minutes... So maybe she's not that bad as a manager...

Hana stood nera the stage, looking carefully how they're tuning their instruments. She checked all the scene surroundings in the way, her bodyguards teach her. Suddenly something not quite right came into her eyes. With the spped of a wing she jumped on the stage, screaming to Minhwan:

-Run!

All band looked at her like crazy. She kept running as fast as she could to the drummer. Suddenly Minhwan heard weird sound coming from above. He looked up and he saw that one of the big reflectors is falling on him. He wanted to run away, but his body doesn't wanted to move.

-Minari! - the rest of the band screamed at the same time.

Hana pushed maknae away second before all the stage was filled with the sound of crashing.

Jonghoon and Hongki runned to Minhwan, to see that beside few skratches he is fine. They helped him to stand up.

-Where's Hana? - asked Minari.

Thye started to look around ins earch of her. Suddenly the remains of crashed reflector started to move and girl appeared from them. She was covered with scattered glass pieces, which got entalnged on her hair. Hana's check was cutted and blood flew from the wound. She holded her left hand near her chest, supporting it with her right one. Blood was spiling throught her fingers.

-Are you alright? - she asked with weak voice, looking at Minhwan.

-Yeah, but you are hurt... - answered Minari.

-It's alright – she said with bright smile – I'm glad you're safe.

She started to loose her balance, and at the last moment before she fall Jonghun mamaged to catch her.

-We should call for ambulance – said frightened

-I'll take to long. She's loosing too much blood.- said Seunghyun, looking how Jonghun's t-shirt is becoming red.

Suddenly Jonghun took his place as leader and started to command all of them.

-Seunghyun, go and borrow a car from some staff member. Say it's an urge matter.- when maknae runned to do it leader continued – I will take her to the hospital with Minhwan, while you Hongki will take a van and go to a dorm to bring us some clear clothes. Jaejin – he said looking at the friend – You'll stay here with Seunghyun, in case we won't be able to come back until our performance. You'll say sorry to the fans then.

Hana started to slip from his arms so he holded her tighter. Seunghun runned carrying car keys.

-Manager – leader said -Call her father and tell him what happended.

He carried Hana and said the last words.

-We'll contact you as soon as possible. Minhwan, let's go.

When they walked away, Hongki asked, looking at Seunghyun and Jaejin:

-When did he became so responsible? Anyway, let's pursue the plan.

 

Jonghun putted Hana on the backsit of borrowed car and ordered Minhwan to hold her. Maknae was still terrified, but did what leader's said. Jonghun sitted behind the steering-wheel and it was possibly the fastest drive of his life.

 

They reached the hospital and doctor's took care of Hana. Jonghun called the manager to tell him where are they.

After 15 minutes Kai was there. He was competely terrified.

-Where's she? - he asked with trembling voice.

-They're treating her now – Jonghun answered.

-Ahh, I see... - said Kai and looked at them – Thank you for taking care of her...

-But it's my fault... - quietly said Minhwan

-She was always like that, saving everyone without looking at herself. Don't blame yourself – uttered Kai – You should go, your performance is beginning soon.

 

Hana regained her conciousness when the wound on her left hand was seawed by the doctor. She looked around, not knowing where she is.

-Ahh, welcome back – said the doctor. - You're at hospital. Your friends, two handsome guys, brought you here.

Hana remembered the accident, and the moment when she fainted, The last thing she remembered was someone catching her before she fallen. She suddenly felt thankful for thet person for protecting her from beign hurt even more.

-You were lucky – doctor said – Your hand was almost cutted throught by the glass, but fortuunately it didn't cutted any nerves, so your hand will be airworthy in future. But you should take care of it for wounds not to open. Don't overwork it from now on. This small woun d on your check is not deep, so it shouldn't even left a scar. You'll stay on hospital until tommorow to check out your condition after loosing so much blood.

Hana nodded. Doctor left the room leaving her alone.

She looked at her left hand... Don't overwork it... So she should competely forget about Ebony and Ivory for now....

Her father walked into the room.

-I already talked with doctor. Thank's god you'll be fine.

-Yeah, I'm okay Dad.

-But please don't do such things in future. It almost gave me a heart attack.

-I'll try.

Kai the TV and said.

-These guys asked me to make you watch it, if you'll be able to.

Some girl band performed as for then, but when they ended, MC announced FTIsland.

Before they started to play, Hongki said:

-Today's performence is dedicated for someone without who we won't be able to be here... I hope you hear us.

They were really good live. Hongki's voice, Jonghun's and Seunghyun's guitars, Jaejin's bass and Minhwan's drums pierced throught Hana's ears.

„They're really good guys. I don't to act as an ice queen in front of them anymore... It hurts too much to be like this...” - she tought while falling asleep from exaustmement.

Kai kissed her forehead and walked off the room.

 

After finished show boys came back to the dorm. It still felt kinda strange for them. They were supposed to hold a party, but don't feel like it, even throught the alredy knew from Kai that Hana is alright.

-Guys – said Seunghyun – Why won't we hold welcoming-thanking party for her tommorow.

-It's great idea – Minhwan smiled. - I will have to thank her for 100 years to pay back my debt.

-Let's do it – decidet Jonghun.

Later they all went to the rooms they chosed before to take some reast after the day full of events.