Chapter 25

Inspirations

 

 

Last two days before going to Europe was spent on practising and packing up. And on the blink of an eye they were sitting on the plane to London. There they participated on K-wave festiwal, did some interviews and flyed to Poland.

-How is it in Poland?- asked Jaejin when they were in the plane.

-Hmm... - Hana started to think what to say – As for weather similar to Korea. But culturally it is kinda different...

-What you mean different? -asked Hongki.

-Poland is straightly catholical country, around 90% of citizens are on this relligion so some country laws and so on are connected with it... What else... Food is really different. Instead of rice our cousines are potato-based and we do not use chopsticks. And often only one meal on the day is cooked when for others we only eat some sandwiches and so on.

-Really? No rice? - asked Minhwan.

-It can't be planted here, that's why. Don't worry we are not staying for long. Take this opportuinty to taste something new. - smiled Hana – And about other things... This might interest you... Poland is said to have prettiest girls around the world.

-Really? - Seungyun asked and was hitted on the head by Jaejin moment later.

-Guys from other coutries says so... It's hard for me to say if it is true. - said Hana

-I noticed when you talk about Poland you use „we” - spotted Jonghun – You really feel Polish, right?

-Haven't noticed it myself – answered Hana – But it seems I do... Maybe becouse I spent big part of my lifetime here... And moreover I lived here for last 3 years so I got used to it...

-So you feel Poland is your motherland... - commented Hongki.

-It's not like that... - said Hana – I never felt somehow attached to any particular country I lived in... I think one's home is where the people he cares for are, no matter what place it is.

-Where is you home now then? - asked Jonghun.

-Well... It seems it would be South Korea now – said Hana and smiled.

 

When they reached hotel, still exausted from the jet-lag, Jaejin asked:

-Manager, what is our planned schedule for Poland.

-Let me see... - Hana started to look throught her mobile phone application – Today's evening is free time. Tommorow's free time and day after tommorow is the wedding.

-So much free time? - Seunghyun got exited.

-Yes, and you can take this time to feel like ordinary person and go sideseeing – said Hana. - Possiblity of you getting recognized here is low. Only you fans will know your faces and there are not so many. And morover if you meet some, they won't believe you are here... So you can freely go around without any disguise or something.

 

-Hana – Jiao whispered – I need to talk with you.

-Ok - Hana whispered back – Come to my room later, ok?

 

At the time Hana was unpacking her things Jiao came in. She closed the door behind her and started to step from one feet to another on the place.

-Sit down – smiled Hana – Seems you want to ask me something.

-You see... Me and Seunghyun are kinda dating... - she blushed – Yet it is not as I imagined...

-Why?

-When we are together often it feels awkward... And we just keep sitting in a room...We never went to date becouse it will be bad if we got spotted...

-I understand... Why won't you ask him to go to a date when we are here?

-I want too... Yet I am too shy to do this... - she looked at Hana with puppy eyes.

-Aish, don't look at me like that. Okay. I will come up with something.

Just when she finished the phrase her phone called.

-Answer it. I will go now. Thank you – said Jiao and dissapeared.

Hana picked the phone and said:

-Hello Jake. Yes I am already in hotel... We are free tommorow... Amusement park? Not bad idea, they should like it...

She chatted with him for a little while and when the dial ended she murmured to herself:

-Seems like the solution came up by itself...

 

When the morning came Hana was first one to wake up. She ordered breakfast and went to wake up the rest. They were still kinda sleepy but finally get up.

With end of the breakfast she announced:

-We are going to amusement park today, together with Jake and Julia. It will be good for you to know each other before the wedding. We also do some sideseeing.

-We were supposed to have free time... - murmured Seunghyun.

-I am your manager and I made up your schedule – said Hana – Any complains?

-It might be interesting I think – said Hongki an the rest agreed.

At the time they were going to their rooms to prepare themselves Hana catched Seounghyun and whispered to him.

-Wait a minute.

When the rest left Seunghyun asked:

-What do you want from me?

-When we will be on amusement park, take Jiao and dissapear somewhere. Have a proper date finally. You have my blessing. - she winked and left him.

As he was looking at her leaving smile appeared on his face.

 

Jake and Julia were waiting for them in front of the entrance, holding each other hands and Julias belly was already visible. Hana's hurted for a second but then she felt hands on both of her arms. One side was Hongki and another was Jonghun. This encouraged her and she decided to face Jake as a friend and nothing else.

When he saw her smile appeared on his face and when they met, he hugged her tightly. Hana felt kinda awkward yet she still kissed his cheek as they always done before.

Jonghun won over strong desire to push him away from her and when his eyes met Hongki's, he had seen his friend is doing the same.

At the same time the girl who stood beside Jake stared at the paralyzed.

-Ok, I will do introductions now – said Hana in English. And the switched to Korean- Guys, this is Julia, and this is my friend Jake. - and switched to Polish – and these are my friends from Korea: Jiao, Minhwan, Seunghyun, Jaejin, Hongki and Jonghun.

At that time Julia managed to unfreeze herself and spoke in Korean:

-Anneyong! - she bowed – I am your fan.

-You speak Korean – said Jaejin.

-I am studying this language – she answered, still kinda shy – But it's my first time speaking with native Korean who is not my teacher. My accent is lame, right?

-Don't worry noona it's good – said Minhwan – And probably better than our English...

-I feel kinda left out – whispered Jake to Hana's ear. - What are they talking about?

-Just about her Korean...

Jonghun noticed Jake standing close to Hana again and this make him feel unomfortable.

-Jonghun-oppa – he heard Julia speaking – Will you really play on my wedding.

-Yes we will do... - he smiled to her, yet still kept his eyes on Hana.

-Thank you – continued Julia.

-You should thank Hana, she was the one who planned it – he answered and emotions took him over and he walked to join Hana and Jake.

At that momen Jake phone ringed. He answered it and from his face expression it was not a good news.

-What happended? – asked Hana in Polish when he ended the talk. Julia also came to their side.

-Seems like I can't go with you today... Some urgent matter came up with wedding planning and I have to solve it.

-Something big? - asked Julia.

-No, you don't have to worry, I will solve it. You can stay if you want.

-Okay, report me later what was it -said Julia.

-So seey you later.- said Jake – And say your friends it was nice to meet them and I hope they will become my friends as well.

-I will – said Hana.

 

Whan Jake left they all entered Amusement Park. Suddently Seunghyun grabbed Jiao's hand and dragged her after him saying:

-We will see you later! Jiao likes same rides as me so I am taking her!

And soon dissapered in the crowd.

-Aren't you worried about this two? – asked Jonghun looking at Hana.

-They will take care of each other.

-Our kids already grown up Jonghun, accept that – Hongki butted in – I want to ride this thing – he showed something with his finger – Come with me.

-I am going with you too – said Minhwan.

-What about you? - asked Jonghun looking at the rest.

-I will pass – said Julia, blushing lightly and touching her belly, showing she can't in this state.

-I will keep her company – said Jaejin.

-I know you are afraid, no need to lie – said Hongki – Hana?

-Well, actually I have someplace to go... It is not so far away from here so I will be back soon. If ther would be something wrong just call me.

-You are sure – asked Jongun.

-Yes. Have fun, I will be back soon.

 

Hana walked out the amusement park and got to the bus station. When the bus came she entered it. After few minutes of ride she was on competely differently looking place. First she went to flower shop and bought corsage of white roses. Later she passed the street and found herself in the front of cementary. She gathered her courage and walked in.

Even though she was here only once, the road was inpinted in her kind cleary so soon she was standing in front of the grave with inscription „Here lays Rose Ange, beloved mother and wife. May Angels sing you the most beautiful melodies”.

She putted the corsage on the ground and started to talk:

-Hello mom. It's my first time coming here after funeral... I was stupidly thinking that if I won't be seeing your grave I will feel like you are still alive. I kept lying to myself... I want you to know I love you and I don't blame you for leaving me, just like I don't blame dad for keeping me from doing music. You both acted according your feelings and they were too much to take...

She wiped away single tear flowing on her cheek and continued to talk:

-Now I can make music again and I found great friends... I hope you watch over me from up there and are happy becouse of it. Don't worry, one way or another I will make both, you and Dad proud of me... I don't know when I will be able to come here again, but I promise I will...

 

Then she took her way back and when walking she felt like the burden on her heart, gathered for so many years, lightened again.