Chapter 17

Inspirations

 

Seoul, August 2011

Hana was walking on the streetside and kept wiping water flowing throught her face. Small rain at the beginning come to the big storm. As the thunders echoed around she remembered there was such issu at weather forecast at the morning. They kept saying not to go out at the evening becouse the wind might be strong and it seemed most of people took it to the heart so not so many cars were going throught the street. In fact it was competely empty. But still keep going was the only thing she could do since right now she were already far away from any village to hide somewhere. She sighted with hope she will be rescued somehow before the real storm will come over.

 

Rain was falling heavily to the point seeing anything on the street was almost impossible. Still Jonghun was going crazily fast... Luckily the streets were empty so he could do so. He kept streaching stearing wheel and murmuring „Where are you?”. He was ever more nervous than at the time she was injured while saving Minari... She was close then... Now he didn't know where is she and if she's alright... And on the top of that now the way he felt about her was...

 

Suddently some car stopped close to Hana. She raised her head suprised and noticed it was her car. So they've come for her... She runned to the car seeing the door was already open. Jonghun looked at her just as ghe lost some huge burden from his arms and said:

-Hop in.

She was saved now.

When she sit inside the car Jonghun looked into her eyes carefuly and asked:

-Are you alright?

-I'm fine.

-Honestly or as fine as you were at the time you were injured and, from bloodloose you fainted right in my arms?

-So it was you back then – she felt warm on her hearts – Sorry I haven't said thank you back then. I'm really grateful.

-Aish! - Jonghun got suddently nervous – It's not what I mean... Just be careful and take care of yourself or you'll cause a heart attack for me...

-Ok, ok I will. Don't worry – she said smiling and having nice feeling after hearing his words.

He looked at hear from head to toe and suddently realized:

-Go to the backsit, there is my coat so change your wet clothes for it. And you can also use this – he took off his jacket and gave to her.

-But....

-I know it's not much but we only have this. And you''ll catch a cold if you stay in yours.

-But...

-Go and change already.

-Let me say something! - Hana said with loud voice – I will change but you have to cover you eyes!

-Ah... Yes.... You're right.. Sorry – he said embarassed and with his face competely red he acted as her wish.

-Ok, you can look already – said Hana some time after and sitting on the front passager sit again.

Jonghun uncovered his eyes, happy he managed to get over his blush. She looked at her, wearing his jacket and coat, witch both was only covering olny half of her thighs and barefoot. Her hair were wet and messy and her eyes looked kinda watered since she must have been felling cold. His herat skipped a bit and he realised why does some guys says girls are cutest when they wear clothes borrowed from them. He blushed again and his face expression must have been weird becouse she asked:

-What?

-Nothing – he managed to say. - Aren't you cold – he switched himself to caring mode – Let's turn on the heating and go home.

-Yes – she smiled – Let's go home.

When hey were driving back Hana's strated a talk:

-About the song you asked me to help with... Do you still want me to?

-Of course I do... - he answered when the car stopped.

-What happended? - asked Hana – Whad did you do to my car?!

-Well... Guess we're out of the gasoline...

-Don't tell me... The closest gas station is... - she looked at GPRS – Two kilometers from here...

-It's pointlees – he said – Going there is such rain... Let's just call for help...

He looked at his phone and later at Hana

-I have no signal... How about you?

-I have none too – she said looking at her's phone – It's probably becouse of the storm... We have to wait then...

-But what should we do while waiting?

-Hmmm... You started to talk about helping me out with a song... Why not do it now?

-Good idea – she smiled, making his herat mealt – We will use this time with good purpose.

-So let me show you how much I have so far... - he took out his Ipad and opened piano simulator.

-What kind of song will it be?- she asked in the maentime.

-Hmmm I might call it a ballad.

-Sad, happy...?

-Aish why do you ask such hard questions? - she started to laught lightly and her smile remindeg Jonghun a sound of bells. - Hmmm I would rather call it confessing one.

-Oh really? – she looked at him intesively – Confessing to who?

-To... To... To our fans of course!

-Oh c'mon! - said Hana – You're blushing now. You can tall me who is she, we're friends, aren't we?- but as she have seen his expression she said – Okay, no need to tell me if you don't want. Let's listen to the song now.

Jonghun started to play on Ipad and warm sounds filled the car.

-Hmmm. I like it I must say.... It has a soul... And how about lyrics? Do you have any thoughts?

-I've written them but my English is no good so if you would look at them... - he gave her Ipad with lyrics written on it.

She started to read them, humming under her nose.

-Do you mind if I correct them in some places? - she asked.

-No. Go ahead. - he smiled seeing as she getting exited while making music.

After some time she gave Ipad back to him and said:

-Why don;t you try to sing it?

-Sing? Me?

-Why not? It's your song after all...

-Ok, ok... I recorded the music before so we can use it... I made guitar and drum parts also...

-Good then – she smiled – But wait! May I add something?

-Add what?

She put out her phone and opened some application.

-You'll see – she smiled.

Jonghun pressed play button and sounds came from his Ipad again. She was staring ath the lyrics kinda nervous but Hana cheered him with smile. Looking into her eyes he remembered the moment that led him to write this song. When she was standing on the rooftop, wiping her tears... When she was holding into his shirt, crying, on the night she was drunk... He started to sing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYYqXIS5vF8

 

And there you stand opened heart--opened doors
full of life with the world that's wanting more.
But I can see when the lights start to fade,
the day is done and your smile has gone away.


Let me raise you up... 

 

Hana touched the screen of her phone and the sound of the violin raised. Jonghun looked at her and they both smiled to each other.

 

Let me be your love.

May I hold you
as you fall to sleep,
when the world is closing in
and you can't breathe.
May I love you.
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found
may I lay you down.

 

All I want is to keep you safe from the cold...
to give you all that your heart needs the most.

Let me raise you up
Let me be your love 

 

And here Hana decided to sing along with him as second voice and their voices melted together.

 

May I hold you (hold you)
as you fall to sleep.
When the world is closing in
and you can't breathe,
may I love you. (love you)
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found,
may I lay you down. 

 

Before the bridge they looked at each other and smiles appeared at their faces as they found this unique way to communicate through music.

 

All that's made me (made me)
Is all worth trading (worth trading)
just to have one moment with you. 

Unknowingly they were coming closer to each other as their voices were growing strongerand louder

 

So I will let go (will let go)
all that I know (that I know)
knowing that you're here with me.

 

For your love is changing me. 

 

 

Suddently Jonghun's phone ringed and atmosphere changed. Thay noticed distance between them is so close that they can feel each other's breath's and quickly moved further. Jonghun turned off the music and answered tha phone:

-Yup, I found her... She's alright but we're out of gasoline. Okay we'll wait. - he ended the dial and turned to Hana, but avoiding looking into her eyes – Hongki called. They will come for us.

-Good to hear that... - she said with soft smile.

Thay spent rest of time silent, falling into their own thoughts.

Hana was holding her hand close to her heart wandering why must it beat so fast while Jonghun was scolding himself for starting to break a promise he had with the rest of the band...

When her eyes were wandering around she spotted something:

-How did you get this small scar on your cheek?

Memories started to flow throught the door opended by Wonbin. Long time ago... Little boy saved her by covering her with his own body... And he got a wound on his cheek.... An afterneath they were playing on the piano and they promised to meet... And another questions arised:

-Why are you a musican? Why do you play piano?

Suddently Jonghun looked at her with his eyes wide open...

And then someone knocked to the window. They realised it was Hongki and opened it.

-Someone ordered gasoline? - he asked.

Soon after rest of the band came too and they managed to make Hana's car work again. When they were coming back Hongki choosed to go along with Jonghun and Hana so leader had no opportunity to ask Hana why was she courious about scar and the rest...