Chapter 18

Inspirations

 

When they get home everyone went to sleep since the next day was supposed to be tiring. Before sleeping Hana tooke her music box and turned the melody with the key she was wearing as a necklacke. As the soft melody flood on, she started to remember...

 

Flashback

Hana was going throught the Seouls streets, where she was spending her holidays with her granparents, humming happily a melody her mother written recently ,when she met the kids from the other day... The ones who called her a witch... She doesn't understand why it was like that but it made her sad... And once again, as they noticed her, they started to bully her, firts with words but as their emotions arised they started to push her and she has fallen on the ground, but evet throught she didn't shed a tear. Yet she was already close to break down when suddently someone covered her with his own body. She realised it was boy about her age and he got hitted by a stone and blood flooded from the wound on his cheek. With heart filled with sorrow she realised it made all the kids even more angry... But then some elder woman appeared and kids runned away. Woman took both + her and her saviour to her house where she took care of their wounds. Hana managed to look closer at the boy who saved her – he was cute yet with strong attitude. But she dropped the obserwation as women took them to the dayroom where was a piano. The boy must have realised it made her happy since he asked:

-Do you like piano?

Did she liked it? It wasn't enought... All the happiest moments of her live, spent with both parents was connected in her mind with the sound of the piano... And the lullabys her mother played... And that's how the answer came to her:

-No... I love it.

When the boy said he could play something it made her even happier. She realised he wasn't confident in his own skills but still he had the same light as her mother and the other artist she met... This ability to share his feelings throught music so she said:

-Do you know what's really magical in music?

As she told him about this „secret” his face brighten up... And somehow she felt she could play to him her most important melody... The one which was only known by Hana, her mother and her dad. It seems like a good way to thenk him for saving althrought he didn't know how important this was...

And afterneath they made a promise to meet once again... But then she had to go, before she relised she does not know his name...

When Hana got to hotel when she was live ey wasn' happy to see she was injured and as she told them all the story, but it didn;t change a thing since they were supposed to leave the next day...

end of the flashback

 

Hana smiled as she remembered when she was forced by her partents to die her hair and wear glasses or contact lenses when she was visiting Asia... And about the boy who saved her... She kinda forgot about him after her mother's death... She wanted to kept the promise yet it seemed much more distant and not so important... But now she was in Seoul and she decided she will tryu to find him again and find out if she was guessing right.

 

Next day

Morning was kinda nervous for they all... All minds was filled with „yes” and „no”'s about putting Wonbin to the band...

-What do you thing can be his reason? - asked Jaejin.

-I think I know – said Hongki looking at Hana.

-Hana is the reason – said Jonghun yet he avoided looking at the girl... again.

-What do you mean? - asked Hana.

-Well from what I've seen he is or was in love with you... You were friends in junior hight school.

-Friends? - asked Minhwan – Then Hana is the girl Wonbin was always mentioning as his first and biggest love?

-Seems like that...

Hana sighted and told:

-If that's so we can't allow him to do this... I'm no longer the girl he known back then and besides being closer to me is no reason to be in the band... I don't want him to do something like this just or me...

-But we cannot fail him on purpouse... - said Hongki.

-What should we do then? - asked Seunghyn.

-Hmmm – Hana was thinking intensively – Does he sitll training judo?

-Why do you ask such things at this time? - asked Jaejin – But I think he is...

-Well I have a plan....

 

When the arrived at ths studio Kai wan't there so they managed to catch up with Wonbin firts.

-Wonbin can we talk for a while? - asked Hana.

As he agreed the went to the record studio to talk on private. Before closing the door Hana looked tover her arm and looked at the band with saying „it's alright” in her eyes.

-So what do you want to talk with me about? - asked Wonbin.

-What's you reason to join te band? - asked Hana and when he wasn't answering she asked – Is it becouse of me?

-Hana... I.... Aish.... You were my dream... I was dreaming to meet you once again and say all those things I felt for you back then... What I still feel...

-Wonbin, I'm afraind the one you had feelings for no longer exist...

-What do you mean?

-I've changed... I've changed to the point I wouldn't recognised myslelf in the girl I were back then...

-Don't lie! You're still teh same as I remember!

-Then descibe me...

-You're cute, fragile and I want to protect you...

-And taht's the point... I'm not fragile anymore... You want a proof?

-A proof?

-You still practise judo, right? How about we'll have a freestyle fight?

-Fight? With you? Don't be funny, I might hurt you...

-If boys will agree for me to have duel with you will you agree? And if I win will you give up this audition?

-Ok, But they will never agree...

-Let's ask them.

When they came out Hana asked the band:

-Wonbin will give up the audition... But if I win a duel with him. Do you agree?

-Duel? - asked Seunghyun.

-We'll fight.

-Are you... - started Jonghun biuz the he rembered the day when she saved Minhwan. She was stronger than anyone could expect – I trust her so I agree.

Hongki looked kinda suprised but as his and Leader's eyes met, he understood.

-I agree too...

The rest agrred so Hana looked at Wonbin and asked:

-So are you ready or shall I wait?

-We can do this right away... Auditioning area should be good.

-And about the rules – three times on the floor looses, ok?

-Seems alright.

 

 

As they reached the place Wonbin stood on the one side of the stage and Hana on the other. Girl took off ther jacked and throwed to Minhwan.

-I don't want to hurt you.. - said Wonbin.

-You will have to if you want to win... Hongki, can you give a signal?

-Ok – said Hongki and went to the stage. Hana winked to him and he said – Fight!

Wonbin stood into fighting pose and Hana was still standing like before.

-Do you really think she will manage to win? - whispered Jaejin, but noone answered since the battle started.

Hana came to Wonbin as fast as the wind and as he didn't blocked her she managed yo put him on the ground with single not so strong blow. She helped him to stood up and said:

-Never ignore you oponent.

-One point for Hana! - screamed Hongki.

Even throught Wonbin stoped to treat Hana lightly, she won the battel without a doubt.

-I won... So you know what you have to do – she smiled to him – But before I must tell you you're really important friend to me.

At this moment Kai went in.

-Oh, you're all here already. Good then. Can we start?

-Kai... I want to apologize but... - Wonbin started – I madu up my decision too fast and I don't think I'm strong enought to do it after all. - he bowed and went out.

-Hmm, so we are short of one candidate... - said Kai. - So did you made up your mind?

-Actually... Do we really can choose anyone? - asked Hongki.

-Yes you do, how many shall tell you?

-Then can it be someone who wasn't aditioned – asked Jaejin.

-As long as this person will made all the expectations and won't be concracted I think it's alright.

-Then – said Jonghun putting his hands on Hana's arms – let us introduce you sixth member of FT Island, Hana Ange...

Suddently Hana felt like the ground opened under her feets and was amaizingly happy at the same time. But as she looked at her father feeling of happiness washed away. Kai was on the edge of fury.

-Are you crazy?!- he screamed – You think I would allow her to do it?! Never! I will protecy her just how I couldn't protect Rose...

Suddently he became and he putted his hand on his chest, slowly falling on the ground.

-Dad! - scremed Hana and rushed to him. - Call an ambulance!

All boys took out the phone but Hongki was first to dial.

As the ambulance came they took Hana's father quickly telling it might be heart attack. She wanted to go to, but as doctor saw she was nearly breaking down he said:

-You better come after you calm down, okay? - and looking at boys – Take care of her.

As they left Hana's legs became soft and she sitted on the ground.

-I was late to save mum....And now dad... No... - she started to sob.

Hongki was reaching his hand to her but stopped halfway, seeing Jonghun is already on her side. Leader helped her to stand up and stlii holding her he said:

-Let's go home.

She nodded lightly.

As thet came back Jiao elcomed them and seeing Hana she wanted to ask what happended but Seunghyn softly shaked his head for her not to.

They all sitted in the dayroom. Hana kinda managed to stop crying and said:

-It's not your fault he got mad... I should kinda told you before you shouldn't mention this...

-He told something about protecting you as he couldn't protect Rose, who is Rose and why does he get so mad? - asked Jaejin.

-Rose was my mother... And he got mad becouse he wants to protect me from the things that killed her...

-Killed her? - asked Minhwan.

-Yeah... I think I owe you to tell you whole story...