Chapter 29

Inspirations

 

Even though travelling is fine, thay all agreed there is nothing like home once they came back to Seoul and slept in their own beds. Morning started lazy and scheduless, so they all were kinda wandering what to do. Jaejin and Minhwan ended up playing video games, Hongki went to met with his friends, Seunghyun kept approaching Jiao and Hana was mindlessly sketching something on a paper sheet, when Jonghun sitted beside her.

-What are you drawing? - he asked and then the girl actually kinda woken up from her thoughs and looked at her own drawing, and realising what is it hidded it quickly saying:

-Nothing really, just sketching out of the blue...

-If you have some time do you want to go for a ride with me?- leader asked.

-Ride? Where? - girl asked.

-Hmmm... I though about going to music shop and look through instruments... And maybe visting my old piano teacher later, I haven't seen her for ages...

-Well, that sounds nice, I think that I will go. Right now?

-If you are ready...

-I am, I will just grab my bag and we can go.

 

They ended up taking Hana's car, but it was Jonghun who drived, becouse Hana said he is the one who knows the way. On the way kinda awkward silence appeared, so the girl, to kinda englighten the atmosphere, the radio. From the speakers the song flown.

-Oh! - said Jongun – It's Muse- Time is Running out, I like this one.

-I like this too – said Hana smiling.

-We covered it before, you know? - Jonghun mentioned.

-I think I saw it... Not bad – girl said but in her mind another boys playing cover of the same song appeared.

 

Flashback

-Hey! Let's play Time is Running Out like old times... - said skinny boy with shoulder-lenght hair while taking his guitar – And since we have a new bassist...

-Hey! Wait! I didn't played it before! - said really tall and masculine guy who holded a bass guitar.

-The chords are not that hard, I will show you – said the first boy and came to him with intention to teach him.

-And now there will be one hour of teaching becouse you won't be able to agree which way of playing is right – sighted third boy, who sitted behind the drums, playing with drumstics.

Just then the door opened and the girl came in.

-Hi! - she said and smiled – What's up?

-Hi Hana! We are planning to play Time is Running Out, wanna join?- asked guitarist.

-Oppa, that's great! - answered girl – You won't tell anyone I played?

-You know we won't – said bassist.

-Yeah, you can trust us, we are your brothers – agreed the drummer.

-If so... Piano part is mine! - she smiled.

-Okay, but you will have to wait a little... - said bassist.

-Why? - asked Hana.

-He does not know how to play the song... - said guitarist seriously.

-Oh cmon it is only few chords on four strings – girl sighted.

-Hey! Don understimate me! - said the bassist – Okay I should play it now. Let's start.

Hana sitted behind keyboard and guitarist came to the mic to do the vocal part.

After few tries, they managed to play it perfectly. Through the whole jam session Hana smiled, since she finally found a place she felt like home... Place when she can do what she loves with people she loves... Yet, that all got shattered”

End of flashback

 

Hana sighted lightly when the song ended and another one begin. Then she looked an Jonghun, now concentrated on the street and smiled lightly. She found that feeling once again and now, her dad didn't shatter it. It was all thanks to them she could be happy like this and deep in her heart she felt bad, she will be never able to repay them for what they did.

 

On such thoughs the way passed and they reached music shop. As they walked in Hana felt like in heaven. Last time she was on such shop was when her mother was still alive, later, she was too afraid someone might find out. So right now, like a child in Disneyland she runned from one instrument to another, not quite knowing what to do with herself.

-Easy – said Jonghun putting his hand on her shoulder. - We will come here often from now on so you don't have to run around like this. For today, let's see the guitars, okay?

Girl nodded and walked after him.

-So you see... - leader started – I think that you should buy another guitar. Now when you are in a band we will be playing bigger concerts as well, so there might be some issues when you broke a string and there will be no time to change it and so on... You should know it too. Besides it is easier and faster to change the guitar than change some settings during performances.

-Yeah I know... - said Hana – It's just I always played Ebony, so at first I would probably feel weird playing different one.

-It is normal at the beggining, but you'll get used to it.

-Wait!- Hana looked at him suspiciely – You just took me here today for me to buy guitar?

-No, I wanted to look for one for myself, so I though you may come as well... - leader blushed.

-Liar – Hana murmured to herself, but she felt a gentle warmness on her heart.

 

As they continued to walk thtough the shop Jonghun kept speaking:

-Well, I know your Ebony is branded especially for you, but I think you'll be fine with standard model too... Maybe we should find similar one to it... I mean seven-stringed...

Once he was speaking Hana was looking around at guitars when her eyes noticed something and she came closer. She touched guitars fingerboard softly as she flied on her memories again.

 

Flashback

-Oppa! I told you I won't be able to play any other guitar than Ebony... And Ebony is in Poland.

-You will have to, if to now, then later... Ebony won't last forever and good guitarist should be able to play any guitar...

-But... Even so I can't get a new one... My dad will find out in no time once I spend my money on it....

-Once you blurred out you would like to play guitar it was all settled then, now it is to late to come back... I have something for you.

He picked up big box from the side of the room.

-Here... Gift from all three.

Girl unpacked it and seen whats inside...

-You shouldn't... - she started but he lied his finger on her lips.

-But we wanted – he smiled gently looking into her eyes. - So how would you call it?

-Hmmm, I already have Ebony and Ivory, so this one... I call it Rusty.

-Rusty... I like it – he smiled and seeing she starts to tear up, without even thinking he hugged her. -Hey, don't cry... You should be happy, okay? So now, let's check out you can play on this baby.

End of flashback

 

Right now in front of her, exactly same guitar standed.

-Rusty... - she whispered.

Jonghun came closer and asked:

-You like this one? But it is kinda one of most common... Maybe we should seach through better ones.

-No, I want this one... - Hana said and looked at him with a smile – I played such one before. It was called Rusty.

-Okay then, let's buy it and go on to the next place.

 

Later on they went to some home. Once they left the car Hana stood for a moment looking around, feeling strange deja vu.

-What's wrong? - asked Jonghun.

She just shaked her head and said:

-Nothing, let's go.

They came to the door and leader ringed the doorbell. Soon elder woman opened.

-Hello auntie – said Jonghun and given her chocolates he bought on the way.

-Look who we have here. Once you became such a star I though you forgot about your old piano teacher.

-I would never! - said the boy.

And then woman noticed Hana.

-And who is this beautiful girl?

-This is Hana, new member of my band and our manager.

-I'm pleased to meet you – girl bowed.

-Hmm... First time we met you were with a girl too, remember?- said woman.

-Yeah...

-Okay, we shouldn't talk like that on the door, come in, come in. You know the way to the dayroom, right?

Jonghun nodded and showed Hana the way, when woman went to kitchen. They walked in the dayroom with the piano on the middle. Right now girl's deja vu was even stronger.

-This room hasn't changed a bit since I first came here... - started Jonghun.

-Right it is still the same- woman came back carying tray with tea. And once she putted it on the table she continued – I still remember it like today... Those rude kids bullied a girl becouse she was mixed blood and you protected her... Drink some tea – she said to Hana and girl taken a cup on her hands, waiting for the continuation of a story – I came just in right time and they all runned away. You face was all covered in blood, but you stayed strong. The girl was not in the very best condition as well. But soon you both started to play the piano. That made me propose a lessons for you...

Hana's hand started to tremble a little once she started remembering and the woman continued:

-Too bad we didn't managed to contact this girl later. She even said she loves piano... And she played so lovely... This melody... Can you play?

Jonghun sitted on the piano and played melancholic melody. Once hearing it Hana dropped a cup with tea.

-I'm sorry! - she started to apologize.

-Are you alright?- woman asked helping the girl pick up parts of shattered cup from the floor- You look quite shocked...

At that moment Hana stood up and came to piano saying to Jonghun:

-You got the melody wrong at some moments... - and she played the right one.

Woman's eyes enlarged once she hear it:

-It's exact same as the one that little girl played... That means...

-It was me...

 

All visit from now concerned on Hana talking about herself. She keeped the most painful memories in secret though and Jonghun did not opposed. Once they were alredy in the car she started to talk.

-Thank you for saving me back then... And for saving me now... And I am sorry for me to take this long to realize it was you... I have so much to be thankful and so much to be sorry about...

-No, it is me who should thank you … - he looked into her eyes – The place I am now... The perosn who I am... It was all waken up by you back then... It was you who made me really interested in music, so thank you for giving my life a purpose...

Hana's eyes started to be watery so she said:

-Let's go home... I think I had too much emotions for today...

-Okay... - said Jonghun and started to look at the street.

At this moment Hana acted absolutely spontanously. She came closer to him with intention to kiss his cheek, but unexpectly he turned his face to her at the wery last moment. And then their lips met.

First feeling Hana got was wanting to quickly jump away, same thing was with Jonghun, but this feeling quickly washed away, and they both closed their eyes. As their lips gently touched each other Hana felt the sudden sensation, like numerous fireworks, collected from the very moment they met, bursted alltogether. At the same moment Jonghun's heart felt like flowing away. He had many girlfriends before, shared many kisses but it was never like this... Kissing her seemed to be the most right thing on the world...

When they lips finally parted they looked at each other in wordless agreement. Then the slight smile appeared on Jonghun's face and he bowed to kiss her again, now stronger and with more passion.