Chapter 6

Inspirations

Seoul June 2011
Five boys sitted on the dayroom, resting after day full of practise.
The TV was , playing some music channel.
-Ohh Stone Sour – Hesistate ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXIQQ8PeRs ), I like this song – said Jaejin.
-And it has preety epic MV... - Jonghun said watching for the while.
When the song ended Hongki turned off the TV.
-Guys... One week left until we meet our new manager, huh? - he said, lying on sofa.
-I still can't help maving a doubts about this concract...- sighted Jonghun, who sitted on the floor and cleaned his guitar.
-But still we we'll be able to reach people in Europe and US with our music – said with optimism Minhwan. He sitted on armchair, eating chicken nuggets ordered before.
-And we'll travel to new places... - Jaejin told, sitting on the floor beside Jonghun.
-What are you doing with this books Seunghyn? - asked Hongki, seeing the maknae sitting on another armchair and reading something. - We are taking about important stuff now.
Seunghyun raised up his his head and said, using english:
-Improvoing language skills – and the next phrase was in Korean – We should all as we're going too promote ourselves overseas.
-Seunghyun is right... – said Jonghun.
-But why is this suprising for me that he is? - intruded Hongki.
-We should learn English – continued leader, ignoring vocalist's comment – Maybe our new CEO will give up the idea of putting sixth member to the band.
-Sixth member... I'm afraid our prims won't be glad about it... - Jejin told.
-They will like if he will be more handsome than Jongunnie-hyung – said Minhwan looking at leader.
-Thank you Minari – said Hongki with irony.
-Guys we shouldn't fight about stupid things now – Jaejin started to heal the atmosfere – We are all in this together.
-I wonder now what position in band this new member will take – said Jonghun. - Hongki as vocal, supported by Jaejin and Seunghyun is enough, our guitars are enough too, I'm managing the piano parts, there's no need for second drummer...
-I think it's still a mistery even for people who got this idea – said Seunghyn – but you know what is really bugging me?
All the boys looked at Seunghyun with couriousity.
-No matter how many times I count when the new member will be added I can't make the result five...
-And what's wrong about it – Hongki asked.
-We are FIVE treasure island, isn't we? - Jonghun told -We won't be five anymore, but six. What about our name then?

Poland June 2011
-Hello Hana. Sorry, but we'll meet in your university, ok? I won't be able to reach home before.
-It's okay Dad, we'll meet there. See you – Hana ended the call.
She was sitting in tha car, going to graduation ceremony. Suddenly her phone has made sound of incoming message. She opened it and saw a name : „Jake”. Her hears skipped at beat, as always when she got any message from him. This one said:
„You have your graduation ceremony today? Congrats! How about meeting in my house in the evening? I have something important to tell you.”
She choosed the option answer and wrote:
„My dad's coming back today, but I think I'll manage to visit you. I'll contact you later if something change”
She sent the message and started to look out the car window. It was the last time for her going this way.

Few hours later
-I'm proud of you – said Hanas father when they were getting into the car. - You graduated earlier and became an honor student.
-All teachers fallen for me after this MV, which I directed was aired internationally. - said Hana with irony. - You were the one who introduced me to this band.
-Oh come on, I bet you would be a honor student even without it – said Kai, bursting with faterly proud. - So we're going to celebrate now? How about going to your grandparent's restaurant? And we'll talk about this job I have for you.
-Sounds ok.
They reached the restaurant. It was located in center of the city. When they entered, all workers welcomed them warmly. Hana's grandma and granddad wasn't there taht time.
They ordered their meal and Kai started to speak:
-About the job, do you remember the band you choosen to be under our label?
-Yeah, you said this job will be assosciated with them. You want me to direct a MV, or made some CD covers?
-Actually maybe this too...
-Too?
-I want you to become their manager...
-What!? - Hana was schocked – Me, manager? I have no experience...
-You've seen my work thousand times. And you are the most suitable for this from all people I have now.
-Suitable? Why?
-I need someone who speaks Korean and English, and it'll be good if this person knows Japanese too... I planned to assign Mike, you remember him, right, to this job, but his wife got pregnant and I don't want to divide the family.
-Oh, I see... May I have some time to think?
-Remember I will let you go without bodybuards then. But I'm not forcing you to anything. You don't have to do it if you don't want.
-Ok, dad, do you mind if I go now, I have to meet with my friend.
-Go if you have to, take the car, and we'll see at home.

Hana walked off the restaurant with mind full of thoughts.
Manager... She never imagined herself in such job... To do it she should abandon all her life here in Poland, friends, school... Jake... And just secrifice everything for the sake of the band...
She've seen herself suitable for other things... Slowly in she started to make up her mind and she decided to refuse. She wanted to refuse two times more if her hopes about Jake will come true.

Soon she reached Jake's house. As always she hasn't bothered to use a ring or knock but just walked in. She aimed her steps to dayroom and said brighty:
-Hello Jake!
Jake was stitting on sofa, by his side was a girl, who's Hana never seen before.
Seeing his friend come Jake stood up and come to her, welcoming her with a hug.
-Hi Hana. I want to inteoduce you to someone – he said, poiting out a girl . Girl stood up hearing this – This is Julia. Julia, this is my precious sister Hana.
In Hana's mind cautionary light appeared.
-I didn't introduced you to each other before... I'm sorry about it but you're bothe the most important girls in my life... - continued Jake – That's why I'm doing it now. Hana, may I ask you for a favor?
-What favor, Jake? - asked Hana.
-I want you to become a maid of honour on our wedding. We're getting married next month.
At this moment whole Hana's world broke down. But somehow she managed to stand with a fake smile.
-Really? That's fast – she said.
-Oh... You see... We kinda need to hurry – said Jake touching Julia's belly.
-I understand... - uttered Hana.
-So would you do this favor for me? - asked Jake once again.
At this moment Hana made up her mind. She didin't care if she would regret this in future. She just wanted to run away as far as possible.
-Sorry, but I can't. I'm moving to Korea the day after tommorow. I'll be working there. I just came to say goodbye and pick up my things.
-Ugh, so it's really impossible? - Jek was dissapointed.
-Yeah-said Hana- My father is waiting for me, so I gotta go now. I just go and take Ebony and Ivory.
-Ok, so goodbye. Good luck with your job – said Jake, hugging her as farewell.
-Goodbye. - said Hana and went downstair to the basement.
She picked two boxes with her most treasured things, she didin't want to abandon them here. Whatever father will say, they're going with her.

When she reached home, dad was waiting for her in the kitchen. She didn't even say a hello, but right away she informed him:
-Dad, I'm taking this job. But I have one condition.
-What condition? - said a little irritated Kai, seeing boxes she was holding.
-Ebony and Ivory are going with me.
-I thought you destroyed them as I ordered you.
-You know that this was impossible for me to do it. I just hidden them from you after you started destroying each and every thing reminded you of the reason behind Mum's death. So do you agree about me taking them?
-Guess I have no other way... But I never ever want to see you play, so do it when I can't see you.
-Ok, thank you dad.

Hana walked upstairs to her room. She felt competely numb. Tears didn't wanted to came. She putted boxes with Ebony and Ivory on the corner of the room. Later she took of small music box from the table's drawer. She winded it up with a key she was wearing on her neck. Sweet, yet melancholic melody filled the room.
-Mom, please give me strength – thought Hana, lying on the bed.