Chapter 21

Inspirations

 

Jonghun curled his fits with his heart full of pain. She wasn't ordinary friend for him. No, the feeling was staightly different. And seeing her with another guy, smiling to him, even through Hongki was his best friend, hurted like hell. Yet somehow he managed to control his feelings and joined them on the balcony when Hongki finished his song.

-I wandered where did you go – he said, trying to make his voice sound normally. - Are you fine Hana?

-Yup – she said, giving him a smile – Hongki cheered me. Thank you for your concern. I feel...

-You were supposed to call me oppa! - vocalist interfered.

-I don't want to – she said showing him her tounge – and you shouldn't speak when someone's else is speaking. Let me finish. Guys, both of you, I feel really happy to have you by my side, supporting me. It's great to have friends like this.

-No probs – Jonghun smiled, kinda relived she trades im and Hongki the same – But what was that with this oppa thing?

-She should call me, and actually you as well like that, she's younger and said herself we are friends moment ago. - Hongki explained. - But the was she speaks is no cute at all.

-Aish, why are you guys so concerned about calling you like that? - said Hana.

-We feel special then – Hongki grinned.

-But is she really uncute? I can't tell until I hear myself. - she looked at Hana and she looked back at him with murder in her eyes. - Only one time, ok? For saving you back then on the day of the rain.

-Ok, ok, I owe you this one – she said and looked up at him and blushed – O-o-oppa.

His heart fluttered but Hongki started to laught.

-See, no cute at all.

-Yeah, guess she is not suited to such things – again Jonghun hidden his feelings.

-It's becouse I'm cool – joked Hana. - Ok, let's go, kiddos probably prepared meal already. Omma, appa, let grandma take you there – she said and take their hands to go to the dining room.

 

As they were eating, Hongki started to talk.

-Guys, recently I've got an idea for a song. I have written some lyrics for the chorus and some music but I still dunno what to do with the rest. Maybe we should sit and make a song together like in the old times?

-Not bad idea – said Jaejin – I actually wandered what to do now.

-Yeah, hyung, we haven't written anything with the whole band for such a long time – Said Seunghyun and Minhwan nodded.

-Not bad idea I must say – added Jonghun – Will you help us manager?

-That's why I am here.

 

They cleaned up and gathered in the pracise room.

-So what's you idea – asked Honghun, looking at Hongki.

-I got it after talking with Hana, she advised me to write a song according to my feelings and there was some person in my past who led me to the place I am now. I want to see that person again and express my gratitude.

-Hyung, was it a girl? - Seunghuyn asked.

-It does not matter, weren't we supposed to write song? So tell us what you have so far. - Jaejin interupted.

-Well, the song title so far is Until you return. Let me sing a part of it. - and he did so.

-I like it – said Hana – waiting for someone important to come back to your side... I don't know if I experienced something like this but I think this is a really strong feeling. As for music I have an idea. Wait for me! - and she rushed to her room.

-What does she went for? - asked Hongki.

-We'll find out soon- said Jonghun – But she said something important here... Do we have right feelings to write such song? Do you wait for someone to reappear in your life?

They all fallen deep in their memories.

Jaejin recalled his first heartbreak and the girl in the rain who cheered him and said to go for music.

Minhwan remembered his saviour fro school who said him to be strong and persuade his dreams.

Seunghyn came back to his trainee days when some girl gave im cola and said to keep believing.

In Jonghun mind reappered little girl, saying she loves music and want him to play for her.

And Hongki was again on he rooftop, with girl who helped him reagain his hope.

-I want her to return – they all said at the same time, just when Hana came back.

-I'm here, what's the matter? - she asked.

-Nothing, we just thought about the feelings in the song. - Hongki smiled t her. - Whe did you bring?

-Ah, this is Ivory – she said, putting small, rectanular case on the floor.

-Ivory? You guitar is seemed to be called Ebony, then what is Ivory? - asked Jonghun.

She haven't said anything and just opened the box, taking out a white violin whith same rose-shaped ornament as on the guitar painted on it.

-You make me speechless – said Hongki – First singing, then piano and now violin. And you still think you are not the best candidate for our band member

-But why this violin has such unusual shape? - asked Jonghun.

-It is electric one – she smiled and touched the strings gently. - Help mi plug it in.

As the plugged the violin Hana said:

-Well, as for intro I would use violin sound, something like this – she played a part – I think it can be such feeling.

-Are you reading my mind? - said Hongki – This is exactly what I felt but I couldn't catch it...

-You are awesome indeed, manager – said Seunghyun smiling. - But you should be musican, not manager.

All boys exchanged stares, hoping Kai would agree for her to join the band.

 

**

 

As they finished writing, making few recordings as well and decided to work on the song some more later they all went to do their own things.

Seunghyun with Jiao dissapeared somewhere, Jaejin went to meet his sister, Hongki and Minhwan to play with friends, so only Jonghun and Hana stayed home.

-What are you planning to do? - he asked.

-Well, I gotta check out my emails and arrange you schedule, I am manager after all. - answered Hana.

-Wanna some help?- Jonghun asked.

-No need. But I gotta ask you for a favour if you'll be free later.

-I will be. What's it?

-Mind to do some guitar playing teaching? My fingers seems stiffed still and I feel uncomfortable with it.

-Come to the practice room when you'll be done with your work. I actually planned to do some practice as well.

-Thanks, see you later.

Jonghun was looking at her heading to her room for a while and later went to the practice room. He looked at the guitars for a while but decided to go to piano. There was still one thing bugging him. He desperatly wanted to recolect vision of the girl who he saved when he was a kid, yet now her image melted with young Hana from the video she showed them. Was it just a coincidece they were so alike, or his memories are making a joke to him? It was such long time ago, he was so young and even though this moment left so big impression on him, he might not remember clearly her looks.

Unconciously he played the piano, same song he played back then, same notes, inprinted in his mind forever, which slowly started to turn to the tune she played.

Then suddently he heard something hitting the ground. He turned around startled.

It was Hana, standing on the opened door, dropped book with notes she was carrying.

-Hana? What's wrong? - he asked.

-The song... The one you played a moment ago, play it once again.

Jonghun did as she asked.

-Althrough some notes are not right, still it is this melody – she murmured to herself and the asked him – How did you know this piece?

-Well... some time ago... someone played it to me and I just remembered it.

-It can't be... It can't...

-Why?

-This one.... Only three people on the world knew: my dad, my mom.... and me... It was song they've written for me when I was born. It is impossible for you to know it yet you say someone played it to you....

They both looked at each other confused.

-Hana... - started Jonghun – I think we must have met before...

-I don't remember playing it to anyone – she said flustrated and holded her head in her hands.

He came closer to her and put her hands down.

-Don't worry about it now – he smiled – Present and future are more important than past. Let's realase the stress by practice, shall we?

She nodded lighly and so they started to play.