Chapter 19

Inspirations

 

-Wait for me a while, I gotta bring something - said Hana and stood up. Jonghun, who was sitting next to her catched her hand, and Hongki, seeing this felt kinda sad and mad at the same time.

-Will you be ok? - asked Jonghun.

-Yeah – she smiled with pain – I'll be right back.

He looked at her as she went away when his eyes catched Hongki's stare. His friend quickly turned his eyes away.

Whan Hana came back she was holding a DVD in her hands.

-Let's watch something first- she said and the TV.

It was some concert record. Music sounded kinda clasically but yet with some modern feeling in it to. The main character on the stage was young woman. She was slightly gorgeous, with long, golden hair, blue eyes and white skin.

-It's your... - Jonghun wanted to ask Hana but when woman started to sing it washed everything away.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwF8bROSK34&feature=related)

-No wonder you're so talented – said Jaejin to Hana.

-And beautiful – said Minhwan and blushed right away.

When the song came to the bridge a little blonde girl came out, took woman's hand and started to sing along. As camera took a closeup of girl's face Jonghun looked at Hana and at the screen and again at Hana. This little girl seemed somehow familiar – he must have meet her before. And it was obvios the girl was:

-It was you – asked Jiao when the song ended.

-Yes, it was on my eleventh birthday... It was the only one time I came out on the stage with her... - said Hana and took a deep breth – Okay, let me tell you the story now... It's hard for me so please don't ask and let me go throught this as long as I have courage...

Everyone looked at her, kinda seeing her pain so they dodon't asked

-Well, as you see my mom was a singer... Good singer... Becouse of her popularity I was often staying with my grandparents, but I really loved both mom and dad... Mom... She was an inspiration for me... Beautiful, talented, softhearted and people loved her... I wanted to be like her... Actually she was the firts artist singed to Radical Dreamers records.... My father met her once, fallen in love, put a lot of effort to made up a company and made her dream to sing to people come true.... They both came out with this name becouse of this. They were radical dreamers, yet they believed their dreams will come true.... When I appeared in their lives they wanted to teach me all this love and ability to dream... This dream was spreading for over eleven years... And then something broke up...

Hana hugged herself and keep talking still:

-You must know this alreday, being fame has it's good and bad sides... Lack of privacy is one of the biggest negative things about it... It was the same about my parents, their work made them live apart, which started to make roumors... They decided to ignore it at first... But once my mom was catched by paparazzi when she was out with some celebrity who had opinion of casanova. She met up with him becouse my dad owed him something from the times they made Radical Dreamers, but it didn;t matter for reporters... This caused a scandal and each and every newspaper wrote my mom was betraying my dad with this guy... And this guy, happy he managed to get attention, said they have romance indeed. My mom was followed by papparatzzi's everywhere and each and every thing she said or done was misinterpreted according to the scandal... She lost most of her fans, and as she were fragile, she slowly started to break down... At that time she was supposed to have a concert, she begged dad she doesn't want to, but he forced her, saing that hiding herself will be even worse. Just at the beginning at the concert audience started to call her „” and so on... And later they started to throw things at her... Afterneath she broke down competely and fallen into depression... The world she was always longing for rejected her and she couldn't take it...

At this point Hana started to sob lightly but she kept speaking...

-I... I remember this day just like it was today... Dad was on some business trip and I was going home from scholl. I went in the house and decided to check out how's mom feeling... It was unexpectly silent in her room, so I thought... I thought she might be bathing or somethig... I...I...

Tears flown from her face as she started to sob hardly.

-I went to her bathroom... She.... She was lying... In the bath... Everything... Everything was crimson red around.... And she... She was so pale... And her eyes were wide open... I remember I started to scream and then my mind went black...

Everyone in the room was silent, unable to say a word... They weren't able to find a word to make Hana feel better as she was crying her eyes out. Finally Jonghun hugged her, understanding already what made her have such nightmares as the one when she almost hurt herself... He potted her head lightly whispering:

-It's okay, you couldn't do anything...

Hana took a deep breath and calmed herself a little.

-It's not the end. I was competely broke down afterneth... For the few days until the funeral I was only sitting and playing the piano, hoping it was all a bad dream, and she will come and play with me again... I went to the funeral together with dad and when we came home, I came back to my music... The only runaway I had was sitting there with piano, and two present's I got from my mom on my eleven'th birthday, right after the concert we watched – Ebony and Ivory, guitar and violin. I was sitting ther until the evening and then my dad came in... He was drunk... He looked at me and for a while I thought he mistaken me with my mother, since we were kinda alike... But then he realised it's just me, hugging instruments like they were my precious treasures.... He got furiuos and destroyed a piano screamin: „Forget about music, I will never let you go the same way as her... The way to fall... I won't loose another...” I was hugging Ebony and Ivory hoping he won't do the same thing with them as with the piano. But he called a maid to clean up and told her to took my instruments from me and burn them... I started to cry and beg him not to but he alredy went away... Maid took Ebony and Ivory and I wast left there alone, lying alongside with broken piano. On the next day father left, without saing goodbye, it was probably becouse looking at me was too painful to him... Yet he kept holding a company... To my happines maid didn't destroyed Ebony and Ivory and bring them to me, she said she wasn't able to do it.... My grandparents kept them for me and I went there to play from time to time... And to make my dad happy I died my hair black to not be so alike to my mother and found a new hobby – drawing and later I became who I became... Yet I still want to do music...

-So you father deeply believes he's doing this for your own good? - asked Hongki.

-He is... Even throught he knowss better than anyone that such things as happended to mother doesn't happen often...

-Doesn't he realise you will never be fully happy withouth doing the thing you truly want to? - asked Jonghun.

-There's no point discussing it now... I'm tired...

-Ok, go to sleep – said Jiao.

-Go with Hana, okay – said Hongki to the girl.

When the girls walked out boys started to talk.

-I never thought she had such dark past... - said Seunghun...

-Poor Hana – added Minhwan.

-There's no point crying over the splitted milk now – said Jaejin.

-Yeah, let's better think how to make things right... - said Honkgi.

-There must be a way to make Kai open his eyes and see what his daughter really needs – said Jonghun.

Dayroom was a place o a real brainstorm.

Suddently Seunghyun came out with idea:

-How about we show him when she's really happy?

 

Later

Jonghun couldn't sleep at night. Two things made him sleepless – one was worrying about Hana and second one was speculating if the girl on the vid was really the same as the one he met when he was a kid... From this two tjings he decided to resolve first one... He silently went to Hana's room. She was sobbing even throught sleep. On her arms she was holding some box. He took it from her as she might hurt herself hugging it too thightly and he relised it's a music box... But it didn't have a key... He looked at Hana and saw a key on her neck. He smiled realising the music box must be important to her and putted it with a care on a table.

Then he looked at Hana once again. Her cheeks were still wet from tears. He wiped them lightly and when he wanted to took the hand away, Hana catched it and hugged just like a music box before. She smiled in her sleep when she did it and this made him make a decision to stay by her side as long as she will need it.