Chapter 22

Inspirations

 

After breakfast Hana got a call from Kai to come to hospital and bring along everyone. Tyey headed there as soon as possible, everyone beside Hana kinda anxious to find out the final decision.

-Good to see you – Kai smiled looking at them – Hana... I'm happy that you fond friends who care for you to this extent...

-Dad, what do you mean? - asked Hana.

Kai looked at FTI members and Jiao and asked:

-Can I tell her?

And he got a nod as an answer so he kept talking.

-Yesterday they came here and made me realize that keeping you from doing music is only making you hurt instead of protecting you... With my selfish thinking I almost destroyed your hapinnes. I don't want to keep hurting you and stop you from your dreams, so... Manager Park, please come in.

Man in his middle years went in and pased some files to Kai.

-If you sign this contract you will be officialy a new member of FTIsland. I do not force you to do it thought. You are free to choose, if you want to debut solo it will be fine as well.

Hana looked at her father with big eyes:

-Are you sure I can do anything? You won't stop me anymore?

-This is my final decision and you know I am not taking back my word. But you should know well that joing boyband who already has such big fanbase, most a girls and being a girl yourself won't be an easy thing though... You might be attacted by them all at first...

Girl took the files from her dad's hands and looked at them carefully, when band members stared at her, wating, with their breaths holded.

-If you want some time to decide we can wait – said Kai.

-No need – answered Hana and smiled – Do you have a pen?

She signed her name under the conctract and smiled at her friends and they smiled back.

-It's only thanks to them I am here now so there is no way I would leave them.

-I expected it from you – said Kai – And what should we do with band managment now?

-Leave it to me – said Hana – Together with Jiao we would be able to take care of everything just like we did, so don't worry.

-Yeah, don't worry Uncle – said Jiao – I will help her and boys will be behaving good as well.

-We will take care of each other – added Jonghun.

-I hope you won't mess up then, kids – smiled Kai – Oh, Hana I just remembered. You friend from Poland, Jake called me.

Jonghun and Hongki looked at Hana right away.

-What did he want? - she asked

-He asked me to let you go to his wedding as you were his best friend.

-And what was your answer?

-I told him I'm letting you go, since I would want you to go to Europe with FTI in similar term as it.

-We are going to Europe? - asked Seunghyn.

-Just for one concert. After a month from now. - answered Kai. - And also Jake said you can bring your friends from the band along, becouse he would like to meet them. I think you should go, you both were inseparable some time ago. Such friendship is rare thing.

-I will consider it – said Hana – And about the band, when my joining will be officialy announced?

-In two weeks we will held short concert and press conference. Can you prepare some new song until then? And maybe few old arranged anew. It would be good to show Hana is worth something and is not only company president's daughter.

-We already have a song, just need some finishing work – said Hongki.

-Good then.

-You should rest now dad – said Hana – And if we have two weeks there is a lot of things to do for us.

-Ok, take care – said Kai when they were walking out.

 

When they came out the hospital room Hongki shaked Hana's hand and said:

-Welcome in the band!

And all the rest of the band followed him, when Jiao hugged he friend.

-You gave us almost heart attac with your wandering back then. - said Seunghun looking at Hana.

Girl dropped her head for a second and when she looked up tears were flowing from her eyes.

-Hey, why are you crying? - said Jounghun, startled.

-It's just I am so happy... And thankful. Thank you for doing this for me - she said.

-For you? We did it for the band, the band – joked Hongki – So don't feel so moved.

They all started to laught.

-We should go back, there's a lot of work in front of us now. - said Jaejin and the headed home.

 

As they have not so much time they've thrown themselves to work with finishing „Until you comeback” and as Hana was officialy a member it got arranged with strong violin vibe, connected with piano and guitars. They also agreed to talk about promotional matters during dinner this day.

When they finally sitted altogether, even though exausted, still happy and excited.

-There are few matters we need to settle before I will debut with you... - said Hana.

-What will we do with band name? - asked Seunghyun – We are no longer five member group.

-Well, I thought about it a lot, and I don't want to change it... You are already world famous with it so it won't be good...

-But reportes will ask out about it – said Jaejin – What should we tell them?

-You are told to be five treasures, right? - asked Jiao.

-We are...- said Minwan – You mean we should tell Hana is not a treasure?

-It can pass, but who is she then? - asked Seughyun

-Being manager, taking care of us... - said Hongki.

-So she is somehow our guardian then – said Jonghun.

-Treasure's guardian... - wandered Hana – I like it. So this matter is settled.

-What about the songs beside Until you return to our performance? - asked.

-As Kai said one song should be singed by Hana – said Jonghun – But do you want to perform something new?

-I think I should do some of your old songs... This way I can show I somehow suit your style I think – answered Hana. - I would like to do some ballad if it is possible. Having any suggestions?

-I will prepare notes, lyrics and recordings of the songs I think you should like – said Hongki.

-Thank you – answered Hana and the continued – And about third song we should do something upbeat to show some energy.

-I agree – nodded Seunghyun – Guys, what do you suggest?

-First in my opinion it should be korean song – said Jaejin. - And not too old...

-Last album was with covers and it should be our song I think – said Minhwan.

-I think I know which one. - said Jonghun – Hana, you should practise your guitar skills.

 

When the darkness fallen on the world Hana came back to her room with materials from Hongki in order to choose a song as soon as possible.

She putted a CD to the player and let the music flow, when she sitted on the bed, holding sheets with lyrics. Looking throught them aimnesly she searched for the ones which she could express the best with feelings accumulated in her heart. Even throught she felt amazingly happy about joining the band, yet the news about going to Jake's wedding scared her. And yet, her father knew and agreed for her to go, so there was no reason to avoid it... If it wasn't hard enough to congratulate them with a smile before, now, she will have to face them on the happiest day of their lives...

Suddently one of the sheets fallen from her hands and landed on the floor. She picked it up and catched a glimpse of lyrics :

I am going to be patient even I miss you
you know I have nothing to give you
I will send you my prayers for your happiness...”

She looked up and smiled throught tears, once again fate leaded her life. Hana fond out te record of the song and listened to it few times, still crying. Later she wiped her tears away and went to tell the rest her decision.

They were all in the practise room still working on aragement of Until you return. When she walked in they all looked up.

-I decided – she said and showed them the lyrics.

-You're fast – said Hongki while Jonghun came closer to her to read the title of the song.

-This, we never performed it on any concert– said leader.

-It is even better then – she smiled – It will have to be rearanged since it will be hard for me to play violin and sing for the whole song, especially the chorus but I really like this one.

-We will do it then – said Hongki.

 

On the next day they all watched annoucment about their conference on the TV, they already spread out that that will be a new member but so far without mentioning who is it. Most of the fans on the comments wandered about who will be a new guy joining and if he would be handsome.

-It is going to be harsh for you – said Jiao looking at Hana/

-It won't be a problem, don't worry – Hana smiled to her.

-Guys, I will be borrowing Hana today – said Jiao to the rest of the band – Kai said to me to take care of her.

-Take care of me? - asked Hana.

-Don't ask, just follow me – said the other girl.

As they walked out guys looked at each other clueless.

 

-Your father asked me to take care of your image – said Jiao – You know, you are going to be public person soon, so we need to buy you clothes and also make your hair.

-What's wrong with my image? - asked Hana.

-No star-alike at all – answered Jiao and showed off her tounge.

-Ok... - sighted Hana – Let's go shopping.

-We will visit hairdresser as well.

-Ok, ok...

 

-What are you doing? - asked Hongki seeing Jonghun writing down a notes while holding his guitar.

-I am rearanging this song for three guitars – he smiled back at his friend.

-This might be interesting... Having additional member in the band...

-Are you worried that she would take the spotlight from you?

-This joke is not funny at all. But seriously, you think that she is amazing person too, right?

-Hardworking, honest, talented, warmhearted and... - here Jonghun stopped a while wonder if saing it would be right - … beautiful. She's indeed one of the most amazing girls I met. But why do you ask.

-Still remember a promise between us whe she became our manager?

-Yeah I do...

-We promised we won't fall for her if this might shatter our friendship... I was thinking a lot of it and in my opinion hiding your feelings and being unable to expres them would be too painful. And what would we do if she fall for one of us. She suffered enought from love already.

-I think I know what do you mean. - Jonghun smiled – So let's just see what the future will bring.

 

It was already late evening when Jiao and Hana came back, carrying a lot of boxes and bags with new clothes. And Hana also was changed and she felt kinda embarassed with it, hoping she won't be seen by guys now. Yet her hopes didn't came to live.

-You're back – it was Saunghyun who took some of the bags from Jiao – Let me help you. - he smiled and then noticed Hana and got pertrified for a moment then shouted – Guys! Come quickly you have to see it!

Few moments later they were all in the living room, with all eyes on Hana.

-Our fans will be jeleaous – said Hongki – You did a great job Jiao.

Hana's hair was cutted on the front, so she had an asimetric fringe, covering her eyebrows, while her hair ends were curled. She was wearing short, black dress with laces on the end altogether with white high-heeled sneakers and white jewelery – bracelets, long earings and necklacke. Key which she always carried on her neck, hidden behind the clothes was exposed now, hanging on the long silver chain.

-Don't stare like that, this is embarassing – said Hana and tried to hide herself behing Jiao.

-You should get used to it – said Jaejin.

-Yes, now everyone will be staring at you – added Jonghun.

Hana sigthed wandering what she get herself in.

 

Two weeks of intensive preparations passed so quickly like the blink of an eye. Hana sitted in the preparation room along with Jiao, trying to control her emotions before the performance. She was feeling overhealmly nervous and if not the though of dissapointing dad and her friends she would run away from there long ago. As she was sure about her desire to step on the stage, now she was having a doubt if she is good enough to do so.

She checked her makeup and hair in the mirror once again and togerher with Jiao went to see the boys. They all, Hongki, Jonghun, Jaejin, Minhwan and Seunghyun were sitting in their changing room, all already wearing white clothes, as white was choosen for the color of their outfits today, along with feather elements.

-You look beautiful – said Jonghun seeing Hana – Nervous?

She only managed to nod.

-Don't worry, whatever happens we are a band, and you are more than worth to be a part of it – said Hongki and all the rest nodded for his words.

Then some worker came in saying:

-It's time.- and he walked out.

They all looked at each other. Hana took a deep breath and said:

-Let's rock the stage.