Chapter 10

Inspirations

Seoul, June 2011
Jiao opened her eyes, noticing she is in unknown room. It was already morning. She sitted on the bed and at the same moment Hane came in.
-Oh, you're alredy up. - She said – Are you okay?
-Yes... I suppose....- Jiao answeared shyly – Is it for real? You know... yesterday...
-You're oficially assistant of the new FTIsland manager, Jiao – said Hana with smile. - You're their fan, right?
Jiao just nodded, aoiding Hana's stare with her eyes.
-And you like Seunghyun?
Jiao nodded again, becoming all red on her face.
-Jiao, I have soemthing important to tell now, so please look at me – said Hana – I have to ask you to behave normally in front of them. They shouldn't be an idols now for you, we're all coworkers. It's something needed in order to organize our job properly. Will you manage to do so? I know it'll be hard...
-I do my best – sudden determination appeared on Jiao's face. - Can I ask for one thing?
-Ask...
-What happended yesterday after I loose my conciousness?
-Hmmm, Seunghyun catched you when you were falling and later carried you here.
Jiao moaned and covered herself with a blanket.
-I said, it won't be easy. - said Hana with smile – It'll be your room. Your things are already here, so prepare yourself and come for the breakfast, ok?
Jiao murmured something like „okay”, still covered from head to toe.
Hana walked out and went to the kitchen, where Minhwan and Jaejin preapeared the meal, couse it was their duty today.
Minhwan said „hello” with bright smile. Jaejin just nodded his head, looking at her like he wanted to ask something, but he didn't.
-Come here and try my chicken-sandwitches.- said Minhwan, pulling a plate with them closer to the girl.
-Sorry Minhwan, but I won't... - answered Hana nad Minhwan's face expression became sad – No, it's not like that... Don't misunderstood, it's just that I'm vegetarian.
-Oh so cool – said Seunghyn walking to the dayroom – Manager' you seem cooler than Hongki... Where's Jiao?
-She'll come soon – Hana answered.
-Good – he said smiling brightly. There was something in this girl that mede him want to take care of her... She wasn't the type he thought he liked, mature, womanish, y, yet she catched his attention in few seconds... And from her reaction it seems she likes him...
-Why is he smiling like crazy?-asked Hongki, walking to the room along with Jonghun.
-I can't smile? It's my house too, so I can do what I want – said Seunghyn showing his tounge.
They all sitted on the table and Jaejin and Minhwan brought prepared meal.
-Let's wait for Jiao- said Hana.
-I'm here, thank you for waiting – said Jiao who walked into the room at the same time. Seungyun wanted to stand up and welcome her warmly, but Hana kicked him under the table and shaked her head lightly when he looked at her.
-Come, sit here – said Hana to Jiao, showing her free chair between her and Minhwan.
Jiao cane there shyly, but it was obvious she's feeling awkward.
-Let's eat – said Minhwan, and they all digged in.
After cleaning they all sitted in the dayroom to talk about buisness.
-Dad called me today, they've already picked candidates for a new member. Their profiles will be sent to us shortly. You should pick one person after finishing Japan tour.
-And if we won't like any of them? - asked Jonghun...
-Knowing my father you'll be forced to let someone in the band then... So there's no use...

After breakfast Hana dacided that her and Jiao will watch everyday practise of boys, so they all went to the practise room upstairs.
-We should do some practise of our Japanese songs now, right manager?- asked Jonghun.
-You're right, and I glasly listen to it – Hana smiled to them.
-How about Itsuka then? We need more practiose with that since the live version is kinda different then the album one. - suggested Hongki.
-At this one we really lack violin to get the better feeling on it... - said Jaejin.
-Yeah, violin sounds great – said Hana and she looked sadly at her left hand.
-Does your hand still hurts?- asked Minhwan, seeing this.
-No, it's ok. I just can't move it too much.
-Hope you'll recover soon – said Seunghyun with a smile and then he looked at Jiao – Watch me perform today. It's your exclusive concert.
Jiao nodded and her face became a little red. Hana shaked her head.
-Ok, let's begin – said Jonghun sitting ath the piano.
All members suddedly became serious. Jonghun started with intro, later Hongki joined him with his soft voice, changed by Jaejin in a while. And then Minhwan started to play on his drums and on the chorus they all made perfectly fitted sound.
Hana's fingers starded to move unconsiounsly. She alredy known this song by hart long time ago, before she became their manager, so now hearing it was evem more great. It made her feel like doing something.... Suddenly her hand hurted, just when the song ended.
-Agrh.. - she said with painful expression.
-Are you okay? - asked Jonghun – Let me see it.
She gave him her hand and she looked at it carefully.
-Dont' move it too much, it's still not healed – and he catched her finger – Do you play any instrument? You have some nodosity here, looking like the ones from guitar strings.
-No – she immediately took her hand from him and realized her reaction was too fast - … I mean, it's probably some old scar, just it...
Jonghun looked at her carefully
-As you say so...

After the practice ended Hana gathered them together once again.
-Guys, you should start writing songs for the international album... They should be written in English, that;s why you'll be taking extra english classes from the next week, but if you will have some questions you can ask me too...
-Don't worry we'll manage, we've written Japanese song, we'll write English ones too – said Jaejin.
-I trust you then– said Hana smiling – If I can suggest you something... Just don't try to force it, write the things that comes to your mind naturally. More feeling, less thinking it's the best way I think.
-I know what you mean, sometimes while writing I don't even know what I'm doing. It's just happening by itself – said Jonghun.
-And such songs are much easier to perform, we can catch the feeling better – said Hongki.
-Fighting – said Minhwan.
-Fighting! – they all screamed.

Ter at the evening Hana had the feeling to search for a place to think. Quiet, where she could be alone, yet not closing herese;f in four walls. She took her mother's musicbox, since the melody always made her calm and went outside. She looked up at the dorm and seen it'll be easy to climb up, even using one hand. She did so and soon she reached the roof.
She sitted on it, with soft breeze moving her hair lightly. She smiled and took musibox from littel bag she took with herself. She opened it and winded it up. Sweet melody flyed on the sky and Hana started th think looking up.
-Mom, you heve left and I was lonely then... Later Jack left me too... But now I somehow feel like I've found my way... But still I feel incomplete... I had to choose between thing that I like and dad and I choosed dad... I didn't wanted to make him leave me too... Buit it made me broken... I want to do it again, but I don't want to hurt him... I know he still have you in his heart.. Why should I do? Living like my heart tells me too, or live up to his expectations? Help me...

At the same time Jonghun went out with his guitar and some score sheets, planning to write some song. He sitted on the garden an looked up at the dormitory. He ralized someon'es is on the roof and looking more careffuly he noticed it's Hana. He came closer and wanted to ask her how did he get there, but he noticed that she's wiping her tears. He decided she must have had a reason to choosing loneliness then. He came back to his guitar, which he left in the garden and suddenly a melody came to his mind. He hited the strings few times, murmured something and later started to write something down.

Hana stood up on the roof, looking how the city lights illuminate in the dark.
-They should be there... The people I made promises to meet again long time ago... I wonder if I manage to find them... and even if will we manage to recognize each other?