Chapter 23

Inspirations

 

As they were walking throught the corridor suddently in frot of them Kai appeared.

-Dad? - said Hana – You were supposed to be in hospital.

-I would not forgive myself not being here and support you – answered Kai and came closer to her – You look beautiful. Go there and make me proud to have a daughter like you.

After that words he hugged her and kissed her forehead:

-Your mother would be happy too.

-Thank you dad – she said with tears in her eyes.

-No time to cry now – her father said – Go.

She nodded and they continued their walk to the stage.

 

Just like on the numerous practices all lights on the scene were darkened so it was imposible for the audience to see what is going on there. Scene was especially set for the event to make up bigger mistery around the new member – Hana was supposed to play at first standing on the back, behind the screen, so only her figure was visible.

When everything was set the big screen on the top of the stage lightened up, first showing the flashbacks of the band and then them sitting on the changing room before this concert. Some cheering screams came from the crowd.

-What is that? - wandered Hana.

-Hello, we are FTIsland – voices from the recording flowed.

-We meet here today to introduce to you new member of our band – said Hongki.

-But first we wanted to officialy welcome this person in our team – said Jaejin.

-We fell really proud you have agreed to join us and support us with your talent – continued Jonghun.

-With you we will be even better – Seunghyun spoke.

-So please take care of us – continued Minhwan.

-Fighting! - they all said and the recording ended and the audience started to scream.

-Those fellas – murmured Hana to herself – Must they make me so moved right before the performance?

She took a deep breath and placed Ivory on her shoulder.

-Mom, look over me.- she whispered.

And when the signal to start the song sounded from the earphone in her ear, she putted a bow on the strings and started to play. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHOMk9-E3As - smilar to this version, yet with more violin on the chorus, like the album one).

Soon Jonghun joined her with soft piano sounds.

Then the vocal part started, with Hongki's voice full of emotion:

That we weren't so, that we would be different, was what I thought

Even while knowing of separation, an unending love was what I expected

As though separation had been waiting for me, like a planned story

Like an unexpected rain, separation has made me cry

Then the drums, guitar and bass comes. Yet still the main sound is the violin.

Before the chorus Hongki closes his eyes and puts all his feelings into his voice, telling himself she will hear it, so the rest of the member do with music coming from underneath their fingers.
Until you return, I'll wait
Until you return, I'll cry for just a bit
Until when do I have to wait?
Until when do I have to hurt?
Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait
Until you return 

If it rains, whether they're tears or rainwater, no one will know

The song emotions took over Hana as well and she feel like she become only this feeling and the sound.

That it wasn't the end, that it wouldn't be the end, was what I thought
Like an unexpected rain, separation has made me cry

Until you return, I'll wait
Until you return, I'll cry for just a bit
If it rains, whether they're tears or rainwater, no one will know

Until when do I have to wait?
Until when do I have to hurt?
Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait
Everything's just as it was
The people are just as they were
Then why in the world is the one I love not here

And then Seunghyn beginned his rap part, putting all his effort to make it powerfull:

That you only loved me, was what you said to me
Let's be forever, was what you promised
That you'd love only me even in death, you promised
Don't Goodbye, Say Goodbye, Don't Goodbye

 

Now came the most important moment of the song. Screen Hana was standed behind fallen down, and all the lights came at her. She stepped on the pedal under her feets and the sound of her violin changed, now it was similar to the one from electric guitar. Whith that she played heartthrobbing solo, which made everyone, includin band members having a gooseboomps. When the last note of the solo ended she stepped on the pedal once again and the sound changed to orginal one again. And Hongki continued to sing:

My love, can be for only you
My tears, can be for only you
If a year passes, even if ten years pass, I'm going to wait for you

Until when do I have to wait?
Until when do I have to hurt?
Even if I hurt enough to die and hurt even more, I'm going to wait
Until you return

 

When the last sounds wanished away on the screen behind them appeared a big, signed photo of Hana which was animated to turn on the icture of the full , now with six members, band.

Audience was kinda shocked becouse new member was a girl, but soon they started to cheer.

-Give a warm welcome to our new member Hana! - screamed Hongki when Hana took a guitar to play the next song. The place for her on then stage was set on Hongki's left side, between vocalist and leader. Jonghun took his time to take the guitar and so the next song begin. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipy9eUcjy_Q&feature=related won't post the lyrics cos it is pointless, song is I will get you)

After rearanging by Jonghun, now in the song was 3 guitars – one leading, played by Seunghyun and two solo, played by Hana and Jonghun.

Hongki started his usual stage performance durning this song – pretending to be drank and cling over all band members, when they seemed not to notice it. Hana practised it with them numerous times so it was easy for her to do so as well. She not only played but singed as the second voice as well, so for the most of the song she was sticked with the mic. Hongki clinged on Jonghun for the first chorus, but on the second one came to her. And, as was planned before, right on the secong guitar solo begin she pushed him away and came closer to Jonghun and they played whole part standing face-to-face.

And again there was vocal part and then the song ended.

 

-Now it's your time – Jonghun whispered to Hana's ear and helped her to took off the guitar.

Hongki came closer and patted her shoulder. Both boys smiled to her to give her courage and she headed to the middle of the stage, where mic was already prepared for her.

Again on this evening she took a deep breath to control her feelings and the music started.

Song was reearanged so instead of violins there was a light acoustic guitar vibe, as Hongki volunteered to play it.

 

Hana took the mic on her right hand and she closed her eyes as her voice filled the audience:

Tears are falling
Even I wiping them, they don’t stop
You are falling down
Even though I erase you, you are cut all over my body

I saw the wind
I am sending you and the memory with it
But I am trying to smile to be strong


Faint smile appeared on her face as her mind were flood with memories about Jake. His kindness, the way he always to make her laught... The fact that he helped her to somehow fight with the monsters of her past.

I loved you
you were my reason to live
I want to stop you from going
I want to scream and cry
I am going to be patient even I miss you
you know I have nothing to give you
I will send you my prayers for your happiness

Now she remembered how happy Jake looked with his fiancee, with how much love he looked at her... Hurts, it all hurted so much... He made Hana happy, he bulided her world anew and then, so suddently left her and went to someone else...

I call you
My heart cries out a word
I suppressed with my tears
Even I call you, you are not there
My love, how can you
leave me without saying anything
Today again, I hate you

I loved you
you were my reason to live
I want to stop you from going
I want to scream and cry
I am going to be patient even I miss you
you know I have nothing to give you
I will send you my prayers for your happiness

But now there was nothing she could do to bring him back. She had nothing to make him be happy by her side since he had no feelings to her. And forcing him was out of discussion, moreover he was supposed to be a dad soon. So now, in order to give him the first and last goodbye and wish him happiness, even though her heart still wanted to fly to him.

Like before, I was a fool who only looking for you
It’s ok. You know I loved you
I was happy during my life
The day I send you off

At this moment feelings overhelmed her and just like in the song title tears started to flow from her eyes. Everyone noticed it but she hoped they thought it was planned. Only Jonghun and Hongki looked at her worried but they knew song must be finished.
I hate it as much as death
I am patient even though I miss you
You know I have nothing to give to you
I send my prayer of happiness to you

 

When the song ended audience started to cheer once again. They all taked a bow and some organisation worker come on stage annoucing that after a short break press conference will be held. They left and on their way to the changing room – Hongki with Jaejin at the front, followed by Seunghyun and Minari and Hana with Jongun at the end. Yet the vocalist kept turning around and lookind at the girl, checking if she is alright and wandering if it will be alright to rush to her side. Than Jaejin started to ask him about thoughts over performance so he lost himself in the discussion. On the meanwhile Jongun asked Hana quietly:

-Are you alright?

She nodded.

-You singed this song for this guy, right?

She nodded again and then whispered:

-This was my goodbye and the last time I cryied for him

Suddently Jonghun stopped and holded her by her hand.

-I am happy then – he said and unconsicously came closer and kissed her forehead.

-My silly, yet so strong girl – he murmured, but she didn't hear.

-Huh? - she was startled by his action.

-Nothing – he smiled – Let's go, we were already left behind.

 

When they freshened up they went to the conference. As they expected there were a questions about band name, her being a girl in a boyband and also about future plans of them, and since they all practised it before it all went smothly and soon they were already back home.

-Omo, I'm so tired – said Hana.

-Go and rest, this day must have been hard for you – said Hongki.

-But you were great, noona – said Minhwan.

-Guys, you know I was living in European culture before so... This day was hard for me and I want one thing right now... Please give me a hug... - said Hana shyly.

-As your wish – said Jiao and hugged her first and soon all were hugging her at the same time.

-Ok, ok, enought, I will get squashed.

-Feeling better now? - asked Seunghun. - Always tell us so if you need a hug.

-I'm better and I will tell you – smiled Hana – But now let's go rest.