Chapter 5

Inspirations

Chapter 5

Seoul, June 2011

-Aish, why do we have to wake up so earliy– said Hongki walking into the dayroom while combing his short hair.
-You forgot we promised to go and meet with those kids on primary school? - asked JaeJin- I'm actually looking forward to see them performing, I heard their music section is preety good.
When Minhwan was putting on his jacked Seunghyun and Jonghun entered the room too.
Seunghyun with his usual bright mood said to anothere maknae:
-Minari! Let's play like kids today!
-Let's play – said a little carefully Minhwan.
-Minari, this school we are going to... Isn't it the one you graduated from? - asked Jonghun.
-It is... - said Minhwan.
-So you can bring back some childhood memories – told Jaejin with a smile.
-I'll try - said still a little distanced Minhwan.
-What's wrong with you today? - asked Seunghyun jabbing Minari with his elbow.
-Ahh maybe I've eaten something bad...
-Ok, guys, we gotta go now – said Hongki, and followed manager to the exit.
-Let's go – said Jonghun and they all walked off.

The school was big with a lot of students. Kids were running around in order to manage all the organisation and teachers after them. This festiwal was held in order to gather money for buliding a scholl in Africa. That's why Ftisland was invited.
-Look, they have stands with various food – said Hongki.
-And there're a lot of games people can participate – Seunghyun told with exitement.
-Good thing there're no rollercoaster or other sary thing- murmured Jaejin.
Jonghun smiled brightly. At the end of the promenade walked Minhwan, looking somehow distanced to everything around him.
Festival begun with performances of kids. There were dancers, singers and even a band. When the atmosfere heated up, FTIsland went onto the stage. They petformed few songs from the newest albums.
When they walked off the stage Minari said.
-I don't feel well, so I think I'll go to the restroom.
Rest of boys nodded.
When Minari went away Seunghyun asked:
-Will he really be ok?
-Don't worry, it's his school, isn't it? - said Jonghun.

Minari walked pass the corridors, remembering events from the time, when he was still a kid.

Flashback
-Hey you! - someone screamed what made Minari turn back
-Yes you! Give me some money.- it was tall deliquent guy from the oldest class. Beside him standed two guys from his „gang”
-But... - said scared Minari
-No buts. I already told you you're supposed to give me your money for lunch everyday.
-But I don't have any today...
-Don't lie, I know your mother gives you some everyday.
-I really don't have any today- said Minhwan almost crying.
-Let's see – said deliquent and come closer to Minari. Boy started to move back, but soon his back hitted the wall and there was no escape.
At the moment Minari thought there's no hope for him someone screamed:
-What do you think you're doing here?
Some girl appeared on the corridor. She was skinny, shorter than Minhwan with long brown hair, wearing different than usual uniform. She was probably one of this transfer students.
-And what would you do if I dont? - deliquent asked her and ordered another guys from his gang – Guys, catch her!
-Silly you – murmured girl.
Guys didn't manage to catch her. Girl with few smooth moves made them fall onto the ground.
She flicked unseen dust from her uniform and looked at leader. She took few steps closer to him.
-See what I've done? If you won't leave this boy alone and other kids also I'll not be as generous as today.
She raised her fists, aiming it to his face.
-Dissapear- she said and the deliquents fastly runned away.
Minhwan fallen on his knees, unable to stand still.
Girl came closer to him and gave him her hand asking:
-Are you alright?
Minari just nodded.
-These guys won't bother you anymore so there's no need to worry – she smiled.
Minhwan looked at her. From close up her hair was lighter than it looked at the first sight. Her skin was somehow pale and she had big, brown eyes.
-Have you eaten something for your lunch? - she asked
-Noo... - Minari answered shyly
-Then let's go, It's my treat.
They went to the school canteen.
-So, what do you want to eat? - girl asked, but Minhwan was to shy to answer – Chicken looks good. Can it be chicken? - Minhwan nodded. - Wait here for me, I'll bring some and we'll eat outside, ok?
Minari couldn't help but following her orders.
She came back, carrying the food and they both went outside to eat. They've found some quiet place and sitted down.
Minhwan brighted up when he eat something. At the end he starded to use chopsticks to act out drum playing.
-You're drummer, as I see – said the girl
-Yep – aswered proudly Minhwan.
-You know, I've heard thet drummers are preety strong. You'll be probably able to beat me down in future. - she smiled.
-No way – negated Minhwan – Noona is great.
-But you know, if you really want to be great you shouldn't hide yourself and runaway... Otherwise you'll end up like this chicken – she pointed at empty plates – Someone will eat you. You need to have strong mind. If one has strong mind it's not hard for him to train his body also.
Minhwan started to think over her words.
Suddelny the school bell ringed. She looked at her clock and said.
-I have to hurry now. I'll hope we meet some day again. You need tho show me how you play your drums – she winked and fastly standed up.
Students started to gather outside the bulding, so around them there was a lot of people already.
She looked at him and walked away with a smile. Before he managed to stop her ask for her name, she alredy got lost in the croud.
End of flashback


Minari smiled when he reached the place they've eaten a meal back then.
-I'll meet you some day and play for you on my drums.

Poland June 2011
Hana's fingers touched his face on the photo lightly. A smile appeared on her face.
-Jake – she tought – How should I say this to you? You were my best friend, my precious brother at the time I was competely broken... But now... Now I don't look at you as my brother... My feelings changed and now.... I...
Sudden phone call interupted her thoughts
-Hello Hana. I'm calling to tell you I'm coming home on the day after tommorow. So we can spend togeter a day befor your graduation ceremony, how about it?
-It's good to hear Dad – Hana smiled.
-And have you decided about coming to Korea with me later?
-For holidays or for work? - girl asked.
-Rather for work. I'll tell you details when we meet.
-I'l think about it then, are you ok with that?
-Ok, so see you soon. - he ended the conversation
-I wonder what job does he planned for me... - though Hana, while taking pencil from pencil case.
She started do draw Jake's face. First one wasn't alike so she throwed it away. Second one also. No matter how many times she tryied to draw him, reasult was still poor. After two hours she already gave up and went to sleep, with soft voice fromCDPlayer singing her lullaby : „If I ever loose my power to fly...”

----

And with this chapter we kinda end up introduction and strant tru story from the nest one :) Hope you're enjoing it so far...