Chapter 16

Inspirations

 

Seoul August 2011

It took some time for Wonbin to make up his mind. He went to his manager and said him what he decided...

Meanwhile FTIsland band members were going with Hana to auditorium. They kept silent, all deep inside their own thougts when Hana's phone ringed with soft music-box melody. She stook it out and answered.

-Hello! Jiao what's up? Jiao?

-It's Jiao? - asked Seunghyn.

-She ended the dial – said Hana – Noone answered... Weird...

-Maybe she did it by mistake – said Jaejin.

-It might be it, anyway, we have job to do now.

They entered the room where Kai was already waiting, along with FnC ceo who was talking with someone on the phone:

-Is he sure? Really? Then tell him to come... But I can't guarantee anything, it's not up to me...

-Hello kids! - said Kai seeing them entering – How are you?

-We're good, dad – said Hana.

-Fine then, let's sit – thay all did so – Here you have list of pariticipants – he showed one sheet – And here you got short description of them – he showed another one.

-How would the audition look like? - asked Hana.

-First there will be short performance, and later if you will be interested, short talk...

-Can I suggest something? - asked girl – We are looking for someone who fluently speaks english, so it'll be good to make short talk in that language...

-That's good idea... I think it'll be the best if you will talk with them... And you boys can pass questions to Hana. I will translate answers if needed.

Thay all nodded as agree.

-So we can begin. - said Kai – Let first person in.

Some tall guy came in. He introduced himself and started to play drums. Hana looked carefuly at his description card. And turned to Jonghun who was sitting next to her.

-Leader, I think new member should be the person who can do something any of you can't... Adding another drummer or just guitarist is pointless...

-I thought the same... - Jonghun answered. - But do we have anyone to choose out of them?

Hana looked at participants description and sighted.

After performance ended there was short talk, held by Hana. Afterneath boy went out.

-How was it? - asked Kai.

All FTI members, along with Hana shaked their heads.

Whole audition was like this.... Noone catched their attention at all...

-Seems like this is the end – said Hana seeing that the list came to the end.

-It's not – said FnC CEO – There is one more person who wanted to try.... Please enter.

The person entered and bowed. Seing him all FTI and Hana stood up from their sits.

-Wonbin?! - said Hongki – How come? You said you don't suit us anymore.

-I feel that I was wrong... Please let me try again...

-Do you know that one of the things new member should have is fluent English?

-I know... I studied English hard for past years and I will even harder...

-Hana?

Hana looked at Wonbin and said in English:

-You'll try hard? It's not such „trying hard” like back in junior high school. Here you're taking responsibilty for whole band image, so throving promises like that won't do only becouse you were in band once...

-But... - started Wonbin in english and on the meantime Jaejin translated Hanas word's for the rest of the band.

-Hana's right – said Jonghun – We can't just trade him special becouse he was member of the band before.

-Our roads came apart and making decision about work together again can't be don just like that – added Hongki.

-So what do you want to do? - asked Kai.

-I want us to play together few songs to see we match each other as six member group – said Jonghun and all members agreed – Hana?

-And I want to test him well from English.

-Do you agree Wonbin?

-I will do it – he said with courage.

-I think it'll be better to do test tommorow, we're all tired now, so go home and rest.

 

-How come Wonbin want to join us again? - asked Jaejin when they entered the bus.

-I think Hana is the answer – said Hongki looking at the girl.

-What? - she asked, but was ingnored.

-Hyung, waht do you mean? - asked Minhwan.

-Hana and Wonbin were friends as teenagers – said Jonghun and unexpedly sighted.

-Really? - asked Seunghyn – You were living here in Seoul?

-Few times for not so long but I did – she said.

-So there is possibility we have met before, small but there still is, right? - said Minhwan.

-Who knows... - she said.

 

While coming back Hana was trying to keep smile on her face althrought meeting with Wonbin woken up bad memories she tried so hard to forget. It seemed her old nightmares will come again...

 

When they came back home they've seen the doors are open.

-Weird – said Hana and entered along with boys. - We're back! Jiao, where are you?

Noone answered so Seunghyn said:

-I'll check her room.

He came back with worry on his face:

-There is noone ther or on any of the rooms. I just found this on the corridor – he said showing Jiao's phone – It was lying broken on the floor.

They all looked at each other.

-I'll check upstairs too – said Seunghyn but the result was the same, noone there. And in the garden also.

-She won't go out like this without telling us... And her purse is here too... - said Hana. - Wait! 'll check out recordings from security cameras.

She walked to her office and when she came back she looked even more worried.

-Someone taked her... But it must have been someone who she knew since she let him in and started to show off house. Later they started to quarrel and he taked her...

-Kidnapping? - asked Minhwan.

Suddently Seunghyn hitted a wall with his hand.

-What are you doing!? You'll hurt yourself! - said Jaejin.

-I was supposed to protect her...

Hana came closer to the place and hitted the wall too. It cracked and some bllod came from her hand.

-I was the one who promised to take care of her... But I think I know where is she... I'll go there right away.

-Wait! - Hongki stoped her – Take care of you wounds first.

-And I'm going with you. - said Seunghyn.

Hana looked at him and nodded as agree.

-We should all go – said Jonghun – Hwre is she?

-Well, this is really delicate matter... I think her family taken her, so I'll be better if only me and Seunghyn will go.

-Okay, but take care of yourself – said Hongki adding a plaster on her hand.

-Thank you – she said – Let's go Seunghyun.

 

When they were on the road Hana asked:

-You're together, right?

-What?

-You and Jiao.

-How do you know?

-You might want to hide it but feelings of both of you are too visible.

Seunghun blushed at this moment.

-It's god thing, no need to be embarassed. Let's take her back. - she said and started to drive faster.

 

They reached wheareabouts of Jiao's house. When they found it they looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement. They stood in the front and riged a bell. Some older woman opened the door.

-Excuse me – said Hana – is this Song Jiao's house?

-And who are you?

-I'm Hana Ange, her friend and employer.

-She's not around so get out! - she screamed.

-I actually wanted to talk with her parents.

-I'm her mum. What is there to talk about? This kid is going to live as we planned her to, no reason to mess it up by you.

-Please, let's talk. We both want the best for her so I think we'll find the right way. - Hana smied to the woman with angelic smile.

-Okay, come in.

She led them to the dayroom and told to sit down.

-I want you to see this – said Hana handing some papers to Jiao's mum – It's concratc Jiao signed.

-Are we supposed to pay some money for braking it?

-Nooo, it's not like this, look at the agreaments and payment.

-Is this for real? - asked woman. - This must be some dirty job.

-It isn't – she is my assistant and I am FTIsland manager. He is one of the members – she said, pointing at Seunghyn.

Woman looked at him carefully and said:

-I've seen him somewhere... No way! All Jiao's room is with his posters...

Seunghyun couldn't help and smiled.

-See, we're not lying.

At the same moment Jiao entered the room.

-Mum, we have guests?..- sand then she noticed them and screamed – Hana!? Seunghyn!?

She hugged bopth of them.

-You came to take me back?

-Not so fast my dear – said her mother – Did I let you go?

-Please let her go and make her dreams come true. I will take care of her – said Hana.

-You're still a kid too. I don't know if I should trust you.

-Can I have a proposition? You can come and see how we are working and then you'll decide... As for now will you let her go with us?

-Okay, but I want to talk with you alone for a minute.

-Seunghun – she throwed him car keys – Take Jiao home.

-How about you? - he asked.

-I will go by bus or sth, don't worry.

-Ok then.

They said goodbye and went out.

-What did you wanted to talk with me about?

-I want to know more about you all to be sure if I can put her in your care.

-I see. You can ask, I'll answer everything.

 

After long talk with Jioa's mum Hana found out she''s not that bad, only a little bit old-fashioned in some ways. She bid farewell and went to bus station. She managed to be on time for the last bus to Seoul, but when she wanted to enter she found out that she has left her wallet and phone in the car.

She sighted loudly and started to walk in Seouls direction in hope she will found someone to take her.

 

Seunghyun and Jiao entered the house and found out everyone's waiting in dayroom.

-So you managed to take her back – said Minhwan with smile. Thay all smiled happily when Jonghun asked;

-Where's Hana?

-She stayed to talk with my mum. She said she will come back by bus – answered Jiao.

-Ah I see. Seunghyn, where are you going? - asked laeder.

-I forgot to take my phone from the car.

In the while he came back running.

-It's bad! Hanas's phone and wallet are in car which means she is left there without any money or contact with anyone... And when we were going back it started to rain...

-Give me the keys! - said Jonghun – Jiao, is you house far away?

-About 1 hour going by car. GPRS is set so you'll find out. - Seunghyn answered instead of the girl.

-Okay, thanks. - he said and rushed out, catching his coat on the way.

-I'll go with you – Hongki screamed after him but he haven't heard.