Falling For You

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

“Miss ……! If you’re free enough to build castles in the air so early in the morning, why don’t you come solve this problem on the whiteboard?”  All heads were turned to my direction. The Physics professor had his arms folded with a stern look on his face. Despite being startled, I accessed the situation quickly enough. I stood up and proceeded to the whiteboard.

“If I ever catch you day-dreaming in my class again, you’re getting detention.” The professor warned me as I got back to my seat.

“You feeling alright? You look kind of off.” G.O. asked me out of concern.

“I’m fine.” I lied. I can’t concentrate on anything with other things on my mind. Why was Junhyung acting so weird earlier this morning? He leaved so abruptly too. Was it something I did?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She went back to her seat after the professor was satisfied with her answer on the board.

“I’m fine.” I could hear her tell G.O. a few meters from my seat. The benefits of being a vampire, never thought super hearing could save me so much trouble. Haha, that’s funny. She’s worried enough that she’s even caught off guard by the professor and she still insists that she’s fine?! Lee Joon, you’re gonna regret for ever getting yourself concerned with her.

--------------------------------------------Back at the dorm (Dinner time)------------------------------- “…….., are you sick or something? You’re not acting normal..” Mir asked her. It seems all the members have already taken noticed of her unusualness.

“I already told you guys I’m fine! I just have something on my mind that’s all…” She replied.

“She’s right, so stop pestering her with your questions. She has enough to think about.” Seungho said. Why am I not a mind-reader again?

“A..A! Don’t…” She was cut off my Seungho.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ve learned to keep quiet about things with this ability of mine.” Seungho smiled back at her.

“Thanks, I’d appreciate it.” She said relieved.

When is she planning to keep this up? Does she think it’s ok since Seungho knows about it and that he doesn’t mind?! Some nerve she has. She won’t even be able to survive school with that head of hers filled with useless worries. That’s it, I need to start acting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Your POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Argh! I was too careless. Seungho can read minds! How can I forget about that?! Since he insisted on keeping it a secret, I guess he approves of me having Junhyung sleepover   to keep an eye on me. That guy left without even giving me a chance to apologize. He’ll be back soon I guess. I finished up my food and headed to my room.

“I’m going to bed early. Goodnight guys.” I wished them and went to my room. I could hear Thunder and Mir chattering from the back. They must be wondering why I’m going to sleep so early these days. Oh well, as long as they don’t find out.

I entered my room with a slight hope of seeing him inside. I scanned through every nook and cranny in my room. Nothing.

“He’s not back yet?...” I mumbled with disappointment.

“Who’s back?” I turned around to see who was talking. I thought it was him, but ironically it wasn’t. Lee Joon was leaning against my door.

“When did you…?!”

“I came in the moment you did. Just real fast that is…So you can’t call this intruding. You closed the door yourself.” He smirked as if he accomplished something worth boasting about.

“Whatever! You and your vampire speed, get out now! I’m in no mood to play with your games.” I shouted and pushed him out.

“So, I’m not welcomed but other guys are?” He suddenly said. My heart skipped a beat on hearing that. Relax, he must be referring to the other members. I stopped and tried to find the right words to say.

“Mir came over the other day because he wanted to return my book. If that’s all get…” I was about to use my right hand to push him out again but was suddenly stopped abruptly. He grabbed my hand and stopped my swing immediately. I got tense at his grip.

“I’m not talking about Mir or the other MBLAQ members. I know, so stop trying to hide it.” His eyes were intense enough that they would drill a hole in your face.

“I… I don’t know what you’re talking about..” I hesitated to lie with him staring at me like this. I turned away so that I wouldn’t face him.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about. Junhyung, he was with you wasn’t he?”

I kept silent and pretended to be ignorant. If you don’t know what to say it’s better not to say anything right? Joon didn’t give up in making me say the truth. He held my chin and turned it so that I would face him once again. His intense eyes were still there. So is this the reason why MBLAQ has so many fans? Their gaze, if you stare into them long enough, it might rip you apart. Or maybe it’s because they’re not a human’s gaze. Rather a vampire staring at you so intensely that it makes you forget the world or anything around you exists. It’s just you and that vampire who has you completely subdued under his spell.

“L.. let go!” I yelled and used my free hand to hit him. He dodged my hit and pinned my other hand to the wall.

“Still don’t want to say the truth?” He asked and closed in on me. I could feel my chest burning. My heart might explode if he comes any closer than this.

“Fine, I’ll tell! Just stop it!” I yelled back. He let go and started laughing.

“W.. what’s so funny?!” I asked. He didn’t say anything, he couldn’t stop laughing. He only pointed to the mirror on the left. I looked in the mirror and found out the cause for his laughter. My face was bright red, like a tomato in fact.

“It’s not funny! You did this!” I blamed him for my embarrassment.

“Haha, sorry. It’s just too funny.” All I did was just a little fan-service, what’s wrong with that?” He mocked back.

“Forget it!” I gave up. My face might probably turn redder if I keep this up.

“You’re cute when you’re flustered you know that?” Joon suddenly quipped and smiled.

“Yah! Wanna hear the truth or not?!”

----------------------------------------------------- After your explanation---------------------------------

“That’s all I know, you happy now?” I asked him.

“Fair enough. Took you long enough to tell me.” He said as he toyed around with my teddy bear.

“How did you know anyway? I thought Junhyung had all of your senses completely locked?”

“Well, it was unsealed the moment you put him to sleep. Seungho knew from the very beginning by reading your thoughts but kept quiet about it. I sensed him the moment he was unconscious. Mir, G.O and Thunder were too busy fighting for the TV yesterday night to even notice anything.” He explained.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to keep it a secret from you guys. I just…” I was lost at words to continue. Joon finally looked up and turned to me. Eh, wait! Did he just fumbled with my teddy bear for 15 minutes?!

“……, could you promise me one thing?” He had that intense look on him again.

“What is it?” I struggled to keep my cool to avoid further embarrassment from him.

“If anything’s ever troubling you or if anything ever happens, don’t hide it from me. I’ll help you.” He said.

“Urm, thanks. But I sometimes prefer to keep things at a low profile. It’s nothing urgent or life-threatening anyway…”

“Yah! How is a guy sharing the same room with you every night not life-threatening?!” He shouted.

“Well, I’m living in a dorm together with 5 guys aren’t I? I’ve pretty much lost all the privacy I can get. What I do has nothing to do with you anyway…” I said.

“It does have something to do with me! Are you even a girl? You aren’t even the least awkward having him in your room?”

“So what if I’m not?! What are you? Jealous?” I .

“So what if I am?” Joon’s reply startled me. I didn’t think that he would answer my joke so seriously. His tone and expression changed completely. I got up and decided to exit the door. Anywhere, I rather hide than let him see me blushing again. He surely wouldn’t stop laughing till tomorrow.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He suddenly grabbed my wrist from behind. The sudden force threw me off balance and I fell on my bed. He sat beside me not letting go of my hands.

“I’m only gonna say this once, so listen well.” He leaned in closer and closer until his face was directly above mine. No, he wouldn’t. He definitely wouldn’t. You’re just imagining things ……! He’s Lee Joon after all, he wouldn’t do it.

“I’ve fallen for you.” He whispered into my ear.

 

-End-