Awakening

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

The scribbling from the Biology teacher’s writing was the only disturbance to the dead silence roaming in the class room. I and five other members of the student council sat there waiting impatiently for school to end. I stared at my watch. Only an hour left, yet it seems like forever. G.O., who was the nearest member next to me was surprisingly paying full attention to the Biology teacher. I tapped my fingers on his desk, signaling that I want to tell him something.

“Pssst, can’t you use your powers and make the teacher end class early?” I whispered to him.

“Heh, how I wish I could. Using our powers to manipulate humans is against our law. Seungho wouldn’t allow it anyways…” He replied.

I threw him a glum expression and adjusted back to my seat. Only an hour left, only an hour, only an hour….

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++After the ‘long hour’+++++++++++++++++++++++++

“The TV’s mine!!!” Mir roared the moment we returned to our dorm. He ,Thunder, and G.O... When will the competition for the TV ever end?

“Hyung, we need to buy another TV set for them soon. This one won’t last long if they keep this up.” Joon sighed to Seungho.

“Is patience another one of your vampire attributes? I thought I was going to die in there. Can’t they switch our teacher to a more….  entertaining one?” I asked.

“I already requested that from the principal. But he insisted on assigning us with this one.” Seungho said.

“What? Man, if only I know how to use my Tamer powers, then maybe G.O. and you guys might be more obedient.”

“Correction. It’s a good thing that you have yet to master your powers. Or else all of us would be dead by now, despite being immortal that is…” Thunder said as an insult.

“Come on! I told you that was an accident. I did it on pure impulse!”

“Tell that to my room! I’m still waiting for a new bed.” Mir added.

“Ah, whatever! I’m going to my room!” I said and stomped up the stairs. Stupid vampire IQ, they even talk fast and find good excuses too. I turned the door knob and entered my room. I threw my bag aside and collapsed on my bed.

“Why did I come here again?” I mumbled to myself again. I’ve got to stop this soon. It’s starting to become a habit.

“You regret coming here?” A familiar voice suddenly answered my monologue. I got up and turned around.

“I see you’re doing fine.” Yoseob was standing in my room. Beside him was another member, Junhyung if I recalled properly.

“You! What do you want?!” I asked him and got into a defensive position.

“Woah, easy. I won’t do anything this time. I just wanted to talk a little.” He raised his arms up showing that he means no harm.

“Yeah right, as if I can trust you. I’m gonna call the others.” I said and made my way towards the door.

“I knew you would do this. Don’t bother, they won’t be able to hear you.” Yoseob said.

“What do you mean?” I asked him and stopped mid-way.

“They’re under Junhyung’s influence. Wouldn’t MBLAQ have already noticed our presence here and come up rushing to you?” Yoseob said.

“W..What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“I sealed off their senses. That’s my ability, to play with people’s five senses. We were here even before you entered. I just made it so that you can only see and hear us now.” Junhyung spoke.

“You get it? So can you sit down so that we could talk?” Yoseob pleaded.

“Fine.” I grabbed a chair and sat. I had no choice do I?

“First of all, I want to apologize. I’m sorry for last time. About the bite and everything. It seems your powers are fully awake now.”  

“Wait, so you knew about me and all this Tamer stuff all along?”

“Yes. I knew from the moment I met you. Even though I was human then, I had no doubt that tattoo of yours is similar to my mother’s.” Yoseob continued.

“You’re mum? She’s a tamer?”

“She was a tamer. She died the year I disappeared. She was killed…. By vampires…”

“Killed???” I asked waiting for Yoseob to continue.

“Every tamer is born with a crescent mark on their body. It symbolizes the power and right their born with. However, they will only gain the other half of their powers, the mark of the sun, if they’re bitten by a vampire. However, my mum thought that half of her powers were enough. She manipulated vampires not knowing the the risks she took.”

“How did she get killed then?”

“The vampires she manipulated gang up one day and attacked her. She couldn’t control them and got killed. I  only found out when I got home from school. She was already dead by then. Another vampire stayed behind and took revenge by giving me the same fate he had. After I was bitten, BEAST took me in. That explains why you couldn’t contact me.”

“I think I understand now…. But…”

“But?” Yoseob asked me.

“I should have that other sun mark you said by now right? Why isn’t it on my arm?”

“What!? You’re kidding me.” Yoseob grabbed my arm and pushed up my sleeves. He froze when he saw my mark. It’s still the same. No sun, no mark, nothing. Just the same crescent mark there.”

“Impossible… It should have worked. Unless….” Yoseob spoke mid-way.

“Unless what?”

“Mir! He healed you completely before the venom took full effect.” He said.

“Huh, so you’re saying he shouldn’t have healed me? I was dying for crying out loud!!!” I shouted.

“You wouldn’t have died. The venom should have been completely absorbed into your body. They came late afterall…” He said.

“I don’t think that’s the case Yoseob.” Junhyung interrupted our conversation.

“You’re less than a decade old. You’re still a new vampire. You’re venom might not have been strong enough.” Junhyung explained.

“What!? Why didn’t  you tell me that before I planned the whole thing?”

“You never asked.” Junhyung smirked.

“Wh.. YOU!!!! AISH, FORGET IT!” Yoseob was already angry with Junhyung.

“What’s the big deal? Just get another vampire to bite me, problem solved isn’t it?”

“That’s easy for you to say. Tell me, where can I get another vampire that can stop himself from drinking a human’s blood? I needed Junhyung to totally seal off all the other BEAST members' sense of smell that day I bit you. I was barely able to stop myself too! Who other vampire than me can you trust to bite you!?” Yoseob said.

“Yah! You sound really full of yourself. What’s wrong with me being a half-tamer? I don’t know how to use my powers anyway…”

“You need it. You might not know it, but you’ll need it one day. Or else you’ll be like Yoseob’s mum.” Junhyung said.

“Besides, I thought you would have extra protection when you’re here too. Don’t trust MBLAQ too much…” Yoseob said.

“HEY! Are you going or do I need to make you go? I think that’s enough chit-chat for today.” I told him.

“Fine. I’m leaving Junhyung here though. He’s on look-out duty. He won’t try anything funny, so don’t worry. He’s the only person I can entrust you to. He has perfect control over his emotions and senses. Bye then.” Yoseob bid farewell and escaped through the window.

“Aish! Whatever! I need some air. You! I better not find you touching any of my things when I get back!” I told Junhyung and slammed my room door behind me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++Junhyung’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow! She’s scary when you mess with her. Yoseob better buy me that game he promised me. He’s indebted to me a lot by having me keep an eye on her.

----------------------------------------------Night time--------------------------------------------

“Hey, could you stop staring?” ………… asked me as she snuggled more into her bed.

“I can’t help it. Yoseob told me to keep an eye on you. Plus, vampires don’t sleep. I don’t have anything else to do.” I replied.

“Hah! You sure about that?” She asked and suddenly got up.

“You and Joon say the same things. Come here.” She gestured her hands towards me telling me to sit beside her.

I sighed walked towards her. I sat down where she wanted me to.

“Now, lie down, I’ll sing you a lullaby.” She pushed me down on her lap.

“Ah! Hey, that hurt!” I rubbed my head and told her.

“Besides, don’t you find it the least awkward having a guy in your room at night!?” I told her hoping that she would gain some sense.

“Nope, I’ve gotten used to it living in a boy’s dorm. Now, close your eyes. You’ll fall asleep in no time.”

I give up. There’s no use telling her. She’s way too dense. I obeyed and closed my eyes. She started humming a soft and soothing tune. It felt good, worries on my mind were gone. I just continued listening and kept my eyes closed.

It’s dark. There’s no light. Where am I? A dim light suddenly appeared. I ran towards it. It became brighter and brighter the nearer I got. Until, at last, the light blinded me. I tried to open my eyes and I saw her. She’s there, right in front of me. She had that wonderful smile on her plastered across her face again. That smile that would mesmerize me completely. I took her hands into mine. We won’t be apart, never again. However, it was too good to be true. Her hands started crumbling. Slowly, she was turning to dust. Her smile wasn’t there anymore. She was crying.

“I’m sorry Junhyung….” Her last words echoed in my head as I saw what was left of her crumbled to ashes. No, no, no, no!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Your POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Lynn!!!! Don’t go!!!!” Junhyung’s shout frightened me. I ran over to him.

“Hey, you ok? Calm down, it was just a nightmare….” I tried to calm him down. It must’ve been quite a dream. His forehead was dotted with cold sweat. He didn’t look too good either. He was still panting and he looked like he saw a ghost.

“Lynn… Is that you?” He suddenly asked me. Huh? Lynn? Who is he talking about?

“Junhyung, I’m n..” He suddenly tugged me into his arms.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I thought I lost you.” His voice’s different. He sounded like he would break down any second. Still, I couldn’t understand his actions. I tried to push him away but he held on. I started blushing when his grasped me tighter.

“H..Hey, look here, I’m not Lynn or whoever… I’m ……. ! Let go of me!!!” I shouted. I must have shouted loud enough. He finally returned normal and let go of me. I took a step back from him. Junhyung still looked dazed, he then looked at me.

“S…sorry... You were holding onto me too tight, it hurt.” I tried to explain to make him turn his attention away from me. My face is probably bright red now.

“A..ah… Sorry, I just had a weird dream.. .” Junhyung was finally himself and stood up. He must have realized what he done, he looked embarrassed and confused at the same time. “I gotta go.” He opened my windows and left the moment he said that. I’m the one dazed this time.

What was that all about?

 

-End-