Break Up

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

“Start talking. What do you want from me?” My voice was cold and harsh when I spoke to Anir. I’m already fed up with all her nonsensical tricks.

 

“Tee hee~ Why the rush? We have plenty of time to talk. Junhyung’s caught up in a little distraction of his own right now.”

“W..What do you mean?” I asked alarmed by her sudden words. I immediately got up from my seat but her hands stopped me.

“Nothing for you to worry about. He’s completely fine. Just a little something I asked Kevin to do to act as a distraction for both of us.” She replied. Sensing no sign of malice in her eyes, I guess I could believe her on this one. Reluctantly, I sat back into my seat.

“I’ll keep it short for you. Main point is, I need you to give Junhyung up.” Her words aren’t that much of a surprise to me. I’ve expected it really.

“And what makes you think I’d do that?”

“Both you and I already know that you’re hooked up with Joon. There’s no need for another guy going after you am I right? Plus, don’t you feel the tiniest bit sorry for poor Joon when you’re out two timing him like this?” Anir asked as she scrutinized my face, as if there was dirt all over my face.

“You’re one to say. What’s up with you then? You already have that blond guy, why need another one?” I smirked.

“Kevin’s a different case. I didn’t ask for him. He came to me.”

I sighed. “Why do you need Junhyung then?”

 A soft giggle escaped from Anir’s lips. She looked up and answered, “ I need him because I need you.”

“What?” I asked confused. What does she mean by that?

“Two tamers must not exist at the same time. Only one must be there to keep things in balance. And you my little cub have yet to even fully awaken.” She paused and looked at me again. She must have read my confused thoughts and so continued explaining.

“In short, I need your blood as time is running short for me.”

“Just take it then, slice my hand and everything is over.”

“It’s not as easy as you think. It only takes affect after you’re dead.” Her last words rang in my head. I gulped down my saliva and tried to rearrange my thoughts.

“What does all of this have to do with Junhyung then?” I asked trying to keep my voice calm.

“Glad you asked sweetheart. The thing is, I can’t do anything to you if Junhyung’s with you. Sure, I might be able to land some serious inflictions on you, but there’s no way in hell that Junhyung is gonna leave you to die,” Anir replied with a look of disgust on her face. Clearly, she isn’t happy with her servant’s decision. Somehow, I’m still taken aback by the fact that Junhyung really is such sweet guy.

“And so I came up with this. If he can’t leave you, why don’t you dump him?”

“You think I would comply with this because….?”

“Because he’ll suffer if you don’t. He won’t leave you on his own free will. But that’s a different case if his tamer commands him to do so. Tell me, haven’t you notice Junhyung getting weak?”

Anir’s question made me ponder. I thought back of the past few days and sure enough I remembered bits and pieces of him complaining of headaches. Not to mention how recent he always clutches his chest. Now that I think about it, that’s where he was marked. My eyes widen in horror as I took in the full grasp of the picture.

“I see you get what I mean. This is only the beginning though. I’ve tried calling him back to me countless of times, and he’s only fighting it back. The pain might be tolerable, but his health would deteriorate if he keeps disobeying my orders.” Anir looked up at me expecting a response. But I could only sink back into my chair as I absorb all of this in.

“Now, you won’t be losing much if you return him to me. In exchange, I’ll tell you the secret to awakening your tamer powers.” Anir offered politely, but I was still too dumfounded by her words about Junhyung and his health deteriorating to even think of anything else.

“If you’ve understood everything, then I shall take my leave. I’m sure you’re at least smart enough to keep Junhyung alive right?” She teased and winked at me one last time before she stood up and left. Half a minute later, Junhyung returned with his cup of cola.

“Man! That’s the longest refill I’ve ever been in. Wonder what took that guy so long…” Junhyung complained as he took a sip of his drink. I just stared emptily at him, still not fully aware of myself after my meeting with Anir.

“………….. , are you alright? You seem a bit out of place.” Junhyung asked as he waved his hands in front of him, testing whether I really am still there.

“Huh? Oh yeah. Nothing. I was just thinking about stuff…” I lied and it was clear he didn’t buy it. Concern was still etched all over his face.

“It’s really nothing. Promise.” I lied again as I tried to assure him that I really am okay. But of course, I’m not. He beamed and I was caught admiring his smile until a sudden cough stopped him abruptly.

Fear hit me and Anir’s words kept replaying themselves in my head as I took in full view of what she meant. Junhyung kept coughing and as time passed by I realized his coughs were getting deeper and harder to stop. Engulfed with panick, I grab onto the glass of water that was neglected on the table and ran over to his side. I helped to ease his coughing as I patted his back and help him hold the glass as he downed it in one go.

Thank god his coughing as slowed down a little. He reached for the napkin on the table and covered his mouth as he suppressed a few more minor coughs. I thought I was finally able to heave a sigh of relief until he removed the napkin away.

There on the white napkin was stained with blotches of blood. I gasped and it must have been quite audible as I heard Junhyung curse incoherently as he scrunched up the napkin and threw it away. He got up and turned to face me.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine now. Must have choked on the cola.” He joked and forced a smile as he took my hands and left the place. I couldn’t help but stare at him from the passenger seat throughout the whole journey back to the manor. I’m worried sick about him right now. If what Anir said really is true then…

“Stop staring would you?” Junhyung interrupted my train of thoughts and I only then did I really look up at him and he was staring at me straight in the eye.

“I’m alright now. It was just a really bad cough. So stop worrying alright?” He asked and almost begged. I couldn’t answer him and just nodded silently. I’d break down any moment if I do utter a single syllable. This is it. I’m not left with any other choice.

We reached the manor within a few minutes after that. I unclasped the safety belt and was about to open the door. But as usual, Junhyung had already reached my side and opened the door for me before I could.

“T..Thanks.” I stuttered a bit on my words and was grateful that it didn’t seem weird to him. We were strolling back to the entrance until I stopped Junhyung from moving forward.

“What’s wrong?” He asked when I suddenly tugged his hand back. He studied me and I could see his brows furrow as he thought about what could be wrong with me.

“Junhyung… I think we need to break up.” What’s done is done. I can’t do anything to save this situation anymore. I let those words I fret most escape my lips. All I could do now is pray that this will be over quickly.

“What are you talking about? Look at me ………….!” He shook both of my shoulders and I had to force both his hands off myself before I continued.

“Did you really think I liked you?” I asked not bothering how harsh I am towards him right now.

“W.. what?”

“Oh come on! I thought you were really cool and reliable at first but it seems even a slight cough and make you succumb so easily.” I spat.

“…………… a.. Th..that was just me coughing a little. After all, I am the almighty Joker.” He said and I could tell from the desperation in his voice that he was shaking.

“Hahaha. Oh really? Please Junhyung. I don’t need a weakling to be my man. Joon really was the better choice after all.” I laughed it off.

“What have I done wrong to make you act like this?!” Junhyung was yelling right now and I need not look at him to know that he was already feeling really hurt.

“You’ve done plenty of wrong Junhyung. I never should have trusted you the moment you had that kiss with Anir.”

“I already told you that was a mistake. And I regret it! I just don’t understand where you’re coming from with all of this…”

“There’s just one thing to understand Junhyung. And that’s the fact that we’re breaking up. So, no need to act all lovey dovey towards me anymore. It just makes me want to puke.” I shot another one at him and shove him through, walking as fast as possible towards the door. I should have walked faster, run even. I felt his hand grip mine from behind and he pulled me to him, locking lips almost instantaneously. I fought to push him away, but the warmth of his lips just made me completely powerless. No! I can’t!

“Stop it! Urgh! How gross!” I cursed as I yanked myself free from him.

“…………….., don’t do this to me..” Junhyung pleaded as he caught my hand in his once again. I wonder if I’ve ever seen anyone this sad and pitiful.

“Last warning Junhyung. Get away from me!” I yelled and made a final attempt to the door. I could see he was about to grab my wrist once again but I quickly evaded.

“No Junhyung. It’s over between us. Just get back to where you came from!”

“But I…”

“No buts Junhyung! Get back to Anir and make sure I never ever see your face again! And that’s an order!!!” I yelled frustration finally taking its claim over me and I could tell Junhyung already knew that I’m serious since I’ve made it an order. And this order, he can’t disobey. He took a step back from me but before he could react, I dashed into the manor up to my room, as fast as my feet could carry me. Sobs were already escaping from my throat as I tried to hold my tears from flowing. I slammed the door shut behind me and collapsed onto my bed. Hugging my pillow and praying that he won’t come and find me. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I apologized not sure whether to him or to myself as I wiped angrily at the tears that were flowing down my face and at the touch of Junhyung’s last kiss still lingering on my lips.

-End-

Sorry for the long wait guys. Form 4 really is more hectic for me than I thought. In the midst of the mid-term break right now. Hope you guys enjoy the update. Don’t forget to comment and subscribe!