Chapter 11: Determination

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

 

The morning sun rays seeped through the windows panes and shone violently on my face, forcing me to wake up. I peeled my eyes open to only be blinded by the invincible rays.

“Ugh…” I moaned as I shielded myself from the sunlight. Before I had time to recover from the sudden burst of light, a sudden sharp pain blasted through my head. I shifted my hands from my face to my head. The winced as I felt the throbbing pain .

“Take it easy. You’re off for the day.” I opened my eyes and saw Junhyung beside me.

“I’m fine…” I tried to sit myself up, but just slumped back down on my bed mid-way.

“The others have already left for school. Seungho already covered up for your leave today. Just take the day off.”

“What happened?.. I feel…”

“Sick?” He finished off my sentence for me. I nodded. My head feels like it’s being spun around on a merry-go-round.

“You don’t remember what happened yesterday?” He asked. I wondered about his question and noticed something amiss. I closed my eyes and thought hard about what happened the night before.

------------------------------------------------------------------Your flashback-----------------------------------------------------

“Here! Take another one!” Kikwang poured me another cup and I reluctantly drank it with one mouthful. The alcohol started to affect my body, not to mention my mind too. I found myself playing silly hand games with Hyunseung, Dongwoon and Kikwang.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hmm… See you guys soon.” I heard someone bid farewell. Beast must be leaving by now. I wanted to bid them farewell too but my body just wouldn’t listen. My eyelids felt like they were glued. Was I really that sleepy?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Who are you calling an idiot, you drunkard?” I could hear Joon’s voice. What is he doing here? What is he going on about?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm? What’s……Ah, its Joon. Wait, why is he so close to me? Is he gonna… !!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Flashback end+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The memories of yesterday night started coming back to me one by one. I couldn’t believe the last fragment I experienced. My hands automatically covered my mouth as I tried to think as logically as possible.

“Looks like you remembered.” Junhyung snuck a smirk at me.

“It’s not what you think!” I tried to explain to Junhyung but I couldn’t cause I myself am still dazed about what happened.

“Yeah right. I was eavesdropping on you guys yesterday. I changed my mind and decided to stay. I was right when I thought that Joon would pull something when I wasn’t around. Sneaky guy.”

“Ya! Who’s the sneaky one?! You’re just a sly as he is!” I told him off.

“Really? Well… Personally, I think the sneaky one is…” He got closer to me and pointed his index finger in my face.

“You, little Miss. I Stole A Kiss From Joon.” He said the last one with a cheesy tone. I shivered at the title.

“Shut up!” I shouted and threw my pillow at him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Hyung, are you ok? You’re looking really dazed today… Did anything happened?” Mir asked me as we walked back to the dorm.

“Huh? I’m fine..” I replied and did my best to shake off the disturbing memories of yesterday. Forget about it, I’m sure she probably doesn’t remember a thing. Right. Not a thing.

We returned to the dorm and headed towards the dining table for lunch. ……….  and Junhyung were sited there comfortably already having lunch without us. …… looked up and our eyes met. I pulled my face away. Damn! It’s awkward to face her now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Your POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Oh, …..! You’re awake? Are you better?!” Thunder and the other members returned.

“Yeah, thanks for worrying about me.” I replied and shifted my gaze to Joon. He looked away quickly. Gah! He remembers?! I too looked away and set all my attention on finishing my food.

“…….ah… Take care of yourself more. We better put an alcohol limit on you the next time someone brings soju over.” Mir nagged me.

“Yeah, you heard that? We can’t have a Tamer play around with vampires every time she’s drunk, can we?” Junhyung’s annoying attitude was starting to get on my nerves. I elbowed him in the gut and he jerked a little. I gave him the “This is what you get for messing with me” look and he kept silent after that.

I finished my food in less than 2 minutes after they returned and hurried as fast as I could back to my room. The faster the better, anything but eye contact with Joon. I placed my plates in the sink and dashed up the stairs. I finally felt relieved after closing the door behind me.

“What’s the rush for?” Junhyung was already there in my room as usual. Did I mention it’s not fair for them to have inhuman speed?

“Just leave me alone.” I moaned and lied on my bed. Sleep. That’s all I need to clear my head.

“Fine, I will. But he won’t…”

“What do you…”

*Knock, knock* Someone was knocking on my door. I got up to opened it. I slowly pry the door opened to take a peek at who it was. Joon was standing there, there’s no way I’m fit to be able to have a normal conversation with him now. I slammed the door back immediately, but he was quick enough to stop the door with his hand.

“Let me in. We need to talk…” Joon stated. My heart was already racing as I hesitated about my decision. I nodded and opened the door for him to enter.

Joon looked over to Junhyung and demanded for a little privacy. Junhyung sighed and exited the room, leaving just me and Joon. Not good.

“A.a.. about yesterday… Don’t take it to heart, I wasn’t myself so just forget about it…” I started off our conversation with the most awkward possible intro.

“Relax. Sit down and calm down. I’m guessing it’s safe since you’re not under the influence of alcohol now…” Joon tried his best to keep his cool too. He looked away whenever he was about to blushed, but controlled himself. I listened to him and sat down on my bed, taking deep breaths of air.

“Sorry about yesterday. Since the other members don’t know about it yet, it’s best to just let it pass. It was just me and my drunkard self, I did it on a whim.” I shamelessly admitted.

“Are you sure about that?” He asked with his gaze fixed on mine. My reactions were more automatic ever since that day. I looked away and covered my blushing face.

“Y..yes. My mind wasn’t working well then..” I tried reasoning.

“I can’t say I was fine too yesterday. You might have kissed me first but I forced one on you after that…” He said with his face starting to blush a little. I didn’t reply and just pretended I didn’t hear that. He noticed my trick and just annoyed me.

“Acting like you’re not listening is fine, but just remember this…” He squatted down so that he was on the same level as I was. He cupped my face with his hand so that I would face him.

“Don’t apologize about the kiss, I don’t plan to apologize either. I told you once before but it looks like you didn’t get me. I love you ………” I couldn’t pull away from his gaze now. His words froze me completely, the only thing moving was my beating heart. Did he just say the L word? Are my ears working properly? Cause I just heard Lee Joon telling me that he loves me!!!

“Y..You don’t have to repeat. I heard it the first time…” I pulled myself away from him. My face must be totally red right now.

“Think about it, I’ll make you my girl.” Joon had that angelic smile that would make me blush on his face again. His words affected me more this time.

“W..What makes you think that I’ll agree to that?” I asked although knowing very well that I’m actually really happy deep inside.

“Playing ignorant again? Its beating really loud…” He said and placed his hand on my chest, clearly talking about my beating heart. I throbbed at his touch.

“H..Hey! Don’t..”

“You said it before when you’re drunk. You get nervous every time you have skin contact with me don’t you?” Joon’s hand travelled from my chest to my jaw line. He held onto my chin and pulled my face closer. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact. He’s too strong for me to break away from. I don’t have a stable mind to use my Tamer powers either. I waited and waited but surprisingly nothing happened. I just felt his fingers pressing on my eyebrows.

“Don’t knit your brows, you’ll get wrinkles.” I opened my eyes and heard him say.

“I won’t do it if you don’t want me too. So just relax….” He comforted me and patted my head.

“Goodnight.”

He kissed my forehead gently before leaving my room. I just touched it with my fingers feeling the warm traces he’s left behind. The warmness was still lingering around my room. So… This is what you mean by Fire element?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Junhyung’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I leaned against ……..’s door as I waited for Joon to come out. I could feel the warmth radiating from the room. It stung against my skin. Normal reaction for an Ice element vampire to have contact with its opposing element. The pain didn’t feel so bad though. I was more troubled to what they’re up to inside.

“I’m trying my best not to eavesdrop but he just has to tell me he’s making his move?” I mumbled to myself. The wait was finally over when Joon came out. He didn’t bother to look and me and just walked away but I stopped his path. I needed to tell him something.

“I’ll overlook the fact that ………..’s yours since she likes you too.” I said. Joon merely smirked and was about to continue walking when I grabbed him by the shoulder.

“However… if you dare to hurt her, I’ll take her away from you.” I warned him.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll protect her, even if it means losing my life.” He proclaimed with determination in his eyes. I let him go and he went away.

It’s alright like this isn’t it? As long as she’s happy with him, something like that won’t happen again right, Lynn?

-End-

 

*Adorkable xD*