Chapter 13: Date Gone Wrong

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

 

I tried hard to calm my shaking hands so as not to ruin my make-up. I’m not the type of girl to put make-up on every single time I go out, but today’s an exception. I clipped my hair and parted it to a side to make sure I looked neat and pretty. I grabbed my sling bag and took one last look in the mirror to make sure everything is in place. Perfect!

“You care about your appearance more than I thought.” Junhyung’s annoying comment made me shot another glare at him.

“You better not eavesdrop on us today. You’re dead if you do.” I said to him firmly.

“Ya, why would I? I can’t even bear to watch you two love birds acting all lovey dovey with each other.” He said in a disgusted tone and made a repulsive expression.

I annoyed his last comment and exited my room, making my way to the door. Joon was already there. He was casually dressed, but he still looked good. His brown crisp hair was parted to a side showing his earring. He held out his hand to me and I took it.

“Looks like you put in some effort for our first date.” Joon smirked at me. I replied with a smile on my face.

“Have fun and take care of yourselves!~” I could hear Thunder and the others tell me  before I entered the car.

“You better bring her back before dark….” Poor Junhyung seems worried over Joon bringing me out for our first date. “Don’t worry, we’ll be fine.” Joon assured him and opened the car door for me. I waved them goodbye and saw Junhyung with that reluctant look on his face. “Serves you right for messing with me so much.” I thought.

“Where to? You get to choose the first location.” Joon asked me.

“Lunch! I’m hungry. Let’s get something to eat first.” I replied searching for ways to satisfy my rumbling stomach.

“Pfff, you just live to eat don’t you?” Joon tried to suppress himself from laughing on hearing my reply.

“You’re the one that gave me the chance to choose…. Don’t you know me by now? I’m a girl with a big appetite.”

“Sigh, I just hope I don’t regret asking you out…” Joon joked. Since when? I haven’t noticed it myself. I accepted Joon’s invitation immediately after he asked me on impulse. I didn’t think, I didn’t have too. I would be more than happy to go out with him. This breath-taking taste of sweetness, I want it to remain forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Two Set As please.” Joon ordered at the counter. Who knew we’d end up eating lunch at a fast food outlet on our first date. Oh well, weird boyfriend equals too weird date. We took our food and walked around to find a place to sit. I could feel everyone’s eyes on us, watching every single movement of ours.

“E..everyone’s staring…” I whispered to Joon as I turned to examine the people around. All the girls in the restaurant had their eyes all over Joon. They’re boyfriends however were all giving Joon a death glare. I should have known. Not everyone has a vampire as a boyfriend do they?

“Just annoy them.” He told me as we sat down. I sat and adjusted my gaze to him. It’s obvious why people would stare. His almost perfect looks had me enthralled the first time I laid my eyes on him. His eyes, his nose, lips, chin, jaw line and almost every single of his body. He’s just like your fairy tale’s Prince Charming. Except for some auditory flaws that is… He’d be almost perfect if it weren’t for his sometimes cocky attitude.

“Stop staring and eat.” Joon said to me and helped me open the packaging for my food. I got back to reality and did as he said.

“Can I ask you something?” I popped a question at him.

“What is it?” He asked and took another sip of coke from his cup.

“Have you tried modeling before?”

“*Cough* *Cough* W..where did that question come from?” He choked a little at my question and gave me a confused look.

“Just a thought… You could make a lot of money.” I mumbled the last bit of my sentence and took a bite of my burger.

“Why?Are you finally acknowledging me for my looks?” He had that smug look on his face again.

“Don’t get so cocky. Not every girl enjoys having a boyfriend that attracts attention everywhere he goes…”

“Hey, I’m different. What can I do? Being good-looking is in my genes. Besides, it’s not every day you find a relationship like ours…”

“Huh?” I asked puzzled again.

“A vampire bounded by his master. A bond that goes beyond blood.” He hands held mine when he said that, sending sparks of  electricity through me. He’s warmer than I thought. No, wait. He was warm in the first place. Maybe  I just got too used to being cold having Junhyung around me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We took a stroll around town for a little window shopping after lunch. We walked quite a distance until something yellow and flashy caught my eye.

“What’s that? Wanna take a look?” Joon asked. I nodded and entered the souvenir shop right after him.

“I didn’t know you like Pikachu plushies too..” Joon said as he took one plushie up and toyed with it.

“It’s not me… I thought about buying one for Junhyung..”

“Junhyung? What did that guy do to deserve a gift from you?” Jealousy stood out both in his tone of voice and his expression. He dropped the yellow plushie he was playing with and walked over to the other side. I grabbed him before he could leave.

“You seriously have jealousy issues. Is it that wrong to buy a gift for a friend?” I asked anticipating his answer.

“Hmm? No. It’s just that I have a strict rule about my girlfriend talking about other guys during our date.” Joon said.

“Fine! Let’s leave then.” I said and pushed him out of the shop. “I’ll just buy it when you’re not looking.” I mumbled to myself and gave the shopkeeper a wink, as to signal to her I’ll be back to collect the doll afterwards.

“Hey! I saw that!” Joon shouted and I pushed him further annoying his jealousy fit

 

I covered my ears with my hands as tight as I possibly could hoping to drown out the nerve-wrecking music. I seriously regret watching this horror movie.

“Haha, who was it that said she wasn’t scared of anything?” Joon teased me. At least someone is enjoying himself.

“I’m not scared! I just hate the music, that’s all.” I replied. I absolutely hate all those horror movie theme music. It gives you all those nervous and nasty vibes that keeps you awake all night.

 

“Yah! You should have just told me you were scared and I would’ve brought you out. You needn’t force yourself to watch the whole movie.” Joon said to me as he held one of my shaking hands.

“D..Dummy… I..I’m n…not s..s..scared..” I can’t even unscramble my tongue. I swear that was the scariest horror movie I’ve ever watched. I tried hard not to remember flashbacks and just concentrated on our way out of the cinema.

“Not scared?! You’re already stuttering when you speak!” Joon raised his eyebrows in disbelief. I continued to ignore him and didn’t reply. We were silent until it looks like Joon couldn’t keep quiet anymore.

“Geez, come here!” He said as he pulled me into one of his arms.

“There, any better?” Joon tooked his other hand and my head. Making myself feel warm, comfy and safe. I nodded my head as a ‘yes’.

“You really are a funny one. You’re scared of those Hollywood horror movies, but you’re not the least intimidated by the fact that you leave under the same roof with vampires.” Joon laughed.

“Well, I can’t help myself. One of them confessed to me and I couldn’t help but go with the flow.” I replied still burying my face in his embrace.

“I just noticed something. I’ve confessed like a billion times, but I haven’t once heard you say that you love me…” Joon said to me when I lifted my face up. I blushed and hesitated. But finally, I took the courage to say to him,

“I love you.” I said as softly as I possibly could and looked away from him right after that.

“Love you too.” He replied and hugged my back.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++Meanwhile Junhyung’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sigh, they’re probably having fun right now.” I thought to myself as I think of the possible things Joon and …….. might be doing right now. Maybe I should have followed them after all. Yong Junhyung, you seriously need to stop day dreaming.

“Junhyung! Help me out here! Mir stole my PSP again!!!” Thunder asked for my help as he ran around chasing Mir.

What am I doing here again?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Your POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“So, did you have fun today?” Joon asked me and from his looks, it’s obvious he wanted a positive reply.

“Of course I did.” I smiled. “But…”

“But what?” He asked me with a confused look. I love it when I make him anticipate.

“I’m still upset over the fact that you wouldn’t let me buy that Pikachu plushie…” I pouted.

“Aish, fine! I’ll buy it alright?!” Joon exclaimed and dragged his and my feet back to than shop earlier. Haha, he’s too easy to get.

We were greeted warmly by the shopkeeper. She could recognize me right away and handed me the plushie which was already nicely wrapped in a colourful paper bag. Joon insisted on paying for the doll so I just let him.

“I hope you’re happy now…” He sighed as we got out of the shop for the second time.

“Mm.” I nodded in agreement as I admired the gift. I’d bet Junhyung would love this! Joon just rolled his eyes. We were just a few feet away from where Joon parked his car until something unexpected happens.

Joon suddenly stopped and extended his arm to block my path. Before I could even react he took me into his arms and the next thing I knew, we were at the other side of the street. A loud blast followed shortly after. I opened my eyes and looked. The place where me and Joon were standing at just moments ago has been obliterated into pieces. Did Joon just dodged the attack?!

“W.. what’s happening?” I asked Joon thinking of the worst case scenario. Joon paid no attention to my questions and took out his handphone and dialed Junhyung’s number.

“Junhyung? It’s me. He’s making a move. We just got attacked. Get here and take …… back pronto.” Joon looked really worried and concern when he spoke to Junhyung. Despite not knowing a single thing about our situation, I could tell that we’re far from being safe.

Strange enough. I looked around again and noticed something off. Nobody was around anymore. All the bystanders were completely gone! I looked up to Joon expecting an answer.

“We’ve fallen for their trap. Stay close to me.” He said and held me closer.

Yet again, another loud blast came right after Joon dashed me from one place to another. The speed was too much for me to handle and I dropped the paper bag. It was lesser than a meter from me. And I did the most stupid move ever. I ran over to pick it up when suddenly I fell. I saw a bright light heading towards me and I couldn’t think of anything but the worst. Another loud blast could be heard yet again.

I opened my eyes and saw Joon hovering over me. He saved me right before it hit me. At least, I thought so.

“..Stupid.. You just have to take it back don’t you?” I suspected something wrong with him when he panted as he spoke. His breathing was heavier. I only noticed what was wrong after seeing blood trickle down his left arm. That blast or whatever it was hit him when he blocked it for me. I opened my mouth, but I couldn’t speak.

He could tell what I was trying to say despite his situation. “I’m fine.” He forced the words out of his mouth. His other hand was over his wound, trying to stop the bleeding. Ridiculous. The blast left like a hole in his torso and he’s still trying to act tough? His wound finally took a toll on him when he suddenly collapsed. I ran over to him, hoping that he would be ok.

“J…Joon! Wake up!!!” That was all I could scream at him as I held his hands. That subtle warmth that I’ve always felt from his hands were starting to fade away. The concrete around him was slowly stained red as his blood continued to flow profusely. Please, don’t leave me. Tears were flowing down my face like raging rivers.

“Get up you fool!!! Don’t leave me!!!”

-End-