Starving

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

I staggered to my feet and continued fleeing. I forced all my strength into my sore legs to keep on running. I turned back to check, that thing is still after me. Whatever it is I know at least one thing about it. It’s after me, and it’s not planning to stop.

Darkness engulfed my surroundings as it closed it on me. With a pounce, it slammed me into the ground, it’s hands or more specifically, claws on my neck, strangling me. I struggled to break free from the creature. It looked at me with those crimson eyes filled with the intent to kill. I threw him off with a blast that I learned to do with my Tamer powers. It let out an ear-piercing scream. As it recovered from its wound, I drag myself away from the beast. One arm pulling myself away and another over the cut on my right shoulder.

“Hsss!!! You dare hurt me you insignificant creature!!!” The creature started to speak after letting out an incoherent hiss. It charged towards me again. I blasted him again with no mercy, sending it flying and then landing on the ground with a loud thump.

“I walked towards it defensively. There’s no way I’m gonna get myself killed. And harnessed all the energy I had left, ready to deliver the final blow… when I saw him lying there.

“………, don’t do it…” He pleaded. He was lying there, all his clothes bloodied up and blood was still trickling down from his forehead.

“I..I don’t understand… The creature.. it was just here seconds ago… How…?” I asked stunned with the sight before me.

“It’s gone. You injured it too much. Now… could you help me?” He extended his hand towards me. I pulled him up. I was helping him, but all of a sudden, he took control and overpowered me. Both my wrists were held up now.

“Tskk.. Tsk… So easy…” He grazed his tongue down my neck. I shivered at his touch. And that’s when it happened. His fangs tore through my skin, letting the red liquid flow out. Pain rammed through my body as the venom administered itself into my blood stream. And I heard myself screaming.

“………! ………! Wake up!!!” I opened my eyes to find Junhyung by my side. Concern was written all over his face. I sprang up and my hand flew to my neck. Nothing. No wound, no fang marks. Nothing.

“Are you alright? It was just a nightmare.” He told me. I stared at him, still recollecting my thoughts. I looked around. I was still in the library. Now I remember. I decided to have a nap and told Junhyung to stand guard just in case any teachers came around. The right end corner of the library was always a good place to skip class. With the shelves bloking, who would know if you slept there the whole day.

“That was not a normal nightmare… That thing… Whatever it was… It bit me.. And…” I explained to him but came to a halt.

“And..??” He asked looking confused.

“That thing… it could change its appearance…  But I can’t seem to remember who…”

“Sigh, look. You just had a really bad nightmare. Nothing to freak out about. Besides, you’re completely fine, aren’t you?” Junhyung assured me. I nodded him a reply.

“Oh no! I’m running late. See you later!” I got to my feet when I saw the time. Rina was waiting for me, we had agreed to have a get-together today after class was over. I rushed to the school park.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Junhyung’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Geez, she throws her books to me and just runs off like that. Lynn was much more calm and collected than her. I thought to myself as I picked up both her books and mine. I took out my hand phone and punched in Yoseob’s number.

“Hello? It’s me. The enemy’s making a move.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sorry I’m late. I overslept in the library.” I apologized to Rina as I sat down beside her.

“No worries. It’s was only five minutes.” She smiled back.

“Anyways… how are you?” I asked her. It’s a good thing I still have her as a friend. Or else I’ll truly lack a girlfriend to talk to.

“Fine, as usual. What about you? It looks like you scored big with the student council huh?” She smirked.

“So you’ve heard?”

“Duh! Everyone at campus is talking bout it. So… who is it? Joon or Junhyung?”  I was startled by her sudden question.

“What do you mean? I thought you knew already I’m together with Joon.” I added.

“Yeah, but that transfer guy isn’t too bad either. He’s got his eyes glued to you everywhere he goes. He follows you around more than Joon anyway.. Besides, he’s hot.” She babbled on.

That’s only because it’s his job. But there’s no way I could tell her about the whole Tamer thing.

“Look. I have no feeling or whatsoever towards anyone other than Joon. Got that?”

“Whatever you say~” She teased.

-----------------------------------------------------------Back at the dorm-------------------------------------------------------------------

“You guys are going out?” I asked the crowd as they stepped out the door one by one.

“Yup. Beast called up a meeting. We’ll be back soon.” Seungho replied and grabbed his jacket.

“Joon hyung’s not feeling well, so he’s staying back.” Thunder said.

“Oh, all right. Have a safe trip~’ I wished them. All of them exited the door one by one. Seungho, Thuder, G.O., Mir and then Junhyung, whom stopped in front of me.

“What?” I asked in an annoyed tone.

“… Nothing… Take care and don’t do anything funny while we’re away. I’m off.” He said and left, closing the door behind him.

“Pshh.. Jerk.”

I slumped my things onto the couch and flipped on the TV. With G.O., Thunder and Mir gone, I can finally watch some TV. An hour passed and my tummy was starting to grumble. Oh great! The guys are out and I can’t remember what number is room service. I think there’s still some leftover food from yesterday’s dinner though… I headed for the kitchen.  I opened the fridge and rummaged through, and managed to find myself some leftover spaghetti.

“Hungry?” I looked at the back and saw Joon standing by the cabinet. His hair was disheveled and his clothes a little crumpled.

“Urm, yeah. Just woke up? Are you feeling better? ” I asked as he made his way towards to fridge too.

“Mmm..”  He replied incoherently as he gulped down the bottle of water that he just took out.

“Ya! Get a cup if you’re thirsty. Don’t forget everyone’s sharing.” I scolded him as I snatched the bottle. I grabbed a glass from the nearby rag. My carelessness got the better of me, the glass slipped from my grasp and shattered to pieces on the ground.

“Sigh, see what you get when you mess with my ways?” Joon joked. I rolled my eyes at him. “Help me with this, would you?” I asked as I picked up the pieces of glass.

“Don’t, I’ll…” Joon’s warning came too late. He words were stopped by my own.

“Ouch!” I winced when one of the shards cut my palm.

“See… I told you. Put it down, I’ll clean this up..” Joon sighed.

“A..Alright…” I felt ashamed of my own carelessness. I got up with my good hand over my palm, trying to stop the bleeding. But the blood continued to flow, dripping onto the ground.

“Ugh….” I could hear Joon groan softly. “S..sory… You ok?” I asked him. Looks like the smell of blood is disturbing him. I grabbed the dish rag and wrapped my wound, hopefully drowning the scent away.

“Y..yeah..” He lifted his head up and replied. There they were. Those crimson eyes, they’re back again. It’s happening more and more frequently recently. Is this why he had taken sick leaves? Was this the reason?

“Uhnn.. They’re red aren’t they. Sorry, but could you leave…” I gave him no response.

“If you’re not leaving, I will.” He got up and walked towards the door. I grabbed him by the arm, stopping him.

“So… was this the reason? Is this why you’ve been and is still avoiding me?” I questioned him. He stopped but dare not turn back.

“You’re starving…. Aren’t you?” He ignored me. He pulled away but I held on to him. So this really was the reason. Every time he avoided me. I wonder how long he was hiding it.

“It’s already bleeding, besides it’s not a bite…” I said and slowly removed the dish rag away, throwing it aside. I saw him flinched when I removed it.

“Here, drink it.” I said as I gestured my hand towards him.

-End-

Subscribe and comment thanks~