Beast

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

I headed to class with the other MBLAQ members, who were for some reason acting really weird. And I mean more weird than their usual weird selves. Perhaps, did I do something wrong? Other than being thrown at with insults from almost the whole student body, my second day of school went off pretty well.

+++++++++++++++MBLAQ POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mir: Are you sure!? You slept!???

Joon: No, I died. Yeah, I slept! Would I joke about something like this?

Thunder: No kidding. I told you something’s up with that girl.

G.O.: This is the first time ever. A vampire actually slept.

Seungho: That girl’s definitely not normal. Just be on guard. Not exposing our secret will be our top priority.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So… The council has a different class than the other students too. Not only that but they live like millionaires. Looks, brain, money. Great, what else is there to them? I’m starting to feel like I’m somewhat left out.

I turned around and found the other members sitting obediently at their own seats. Rare sight to see indeed. They’re even well behaved when the teacher’s out. Seungho looks totally absorbed in to a novel he’s reading. Same goes with Mir as he’s reading a comic book. G.O. was listening to music on his ipod while Thunder seems to be addicted to his PSP. I wonder what level his on by now. Joon however was the only one not doing anything. Just staring blankly in space.

I got up and crept up to him from behind. Hehe, he won’t be able to catch me this time. I decreased the gap between us as I sneaked closer to him, hopefully to scare him with a classic “BOO!”.

“Need something?”  He suddenly said as he turned around to face me.

“Ah! I was this close too!” I whined.

“Haha, maybe next time.”

I grabbed a chair and sat beside him. Hoping to start a conversation that would save me from all this boredom.

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“What were you thinking about? You seemed really lost in your own world ealier.”

“Oh, that. N..Nothing much.” He answered with a slight hesitation.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There’s no way I can tell her. She will definitely think I’m weird if she knew I was thinking about her. Damn it. I can’t stop thinking about yesterday. How? How was she able to make me fall asleep. I’ve tried so many times that I’ve lost count. Its just impossible for an immortal to sleep. And it doesn’t seem I’m anywhere near mortal now. What is she?

“Can I ask you something in return?”

“Sure, what is it?” She asked.

“Have you ever find…… anything odd about yourself?”

“Odd? Other than having good grades all my life and being constantly surrounded by problems, everything looks fine.”

“I see….”

“Are all this questions somehow related to what happened yesterday night?”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to hide my intention. It’s just that it was my first time ever being… put to sleep so easily.” I answered trying my best not to sound weird.

“I told you didn’t I? My trick always work.” She reassured me with her smile that never fails to brighten up the atmosphere. I couldn’t help but smile in return. Hope, it’s never too late to hope for a miracle right Joon?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We returned to the dorm by evening after settling all the council activities for the day.

“I’m beat!” I heard G.O. and all the other members said.

“At least we’re free now. I book the TV first.” I heard G.O. shout.

“Playstation and video games are all ours.” Mir and Thunder said.

“Relax, guys we have no intention of disrupting your fun.” Seungho said.

“So, what are both of you up to?” I asked.

“A stroll in the forest. I’ve done my work for the day.” Joon said

“Piano practice.” Seungho said.

“Guess that just lives me and solitude.”

“You can follow me if you want.” Joon’s invitation made me jump for happiness.

“Really?! Will be down in a sec. I’ll change first.” I dashed to my room.

 

“Do you always walk alone?” I asked him as we walked together with the sound of leaves rustling in our ears.

“I’d prefer if it’s just me. More peace and quiet to think you know?” Joon replied.

“You sure think a lot don’t you?” I said in a teasing manner.

He didn’t answer but simply grinned. We continued walking as we took a close look a nature, which for me was a rare opportunity.

However, Joon suddenly stopped me out of the blue.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Did you hear something?” He asked with a face filled with concern.

“Nope. Was there anything to hear?” I asked puzzled.

“N..Nevermind.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe it’s just me. They can’t be here. No, absolutely not. They won’t appear with …... beside me. They wouldn’t want to involve any mortals.

I reassured myself that everything’s alright and continued walking. Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed after I took a few steps. Another vision came to me. I could see them. They’re close. And their watching.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Joon suddenly stopped again. But before I could ask him what was wrong, he pulled me close to him with his arms around you.

“Stay close. They’re here.”

I looked over to the direction where Joon was staring so intensely at. Six figures. Clad in black uniforms coming closer. Black hair similar to MBLAQ’s not to mention that weird ominous aura that seems to cloak around them. But this their aura’s different. It gives out a far more ominous feeling than MBLAQ’s.

“What are you doing here BEAST?” Joon asked the group.

“Is that a very polite way to greet guests?” The member at the centre spoke. Must be the leader I guess again.

“This is our territory. Get lost before I call the others.” Joon finished his sentence almost with a snarl.

“I see you’ve got another new member. Ah, … she’s not one of us too… Interesting….”

“I’m warning you, if you try anything funny you’re dead.” Joon threatened them. His hands started to clench into a fist as I watched him trying to control his himself.

“Could someone please tell me what’s going on?”  I intruded. I tried to break free from Joon’s hold on me but he just reinforced his grip.

“Sorry, but please bear with me for now.” He whispered to my ear.

“Oh, don’t worry, we not stupid enough to do anything in your territory.” One of with a boy-cut hair replied.

“Afterall, one of us wishes to talk to her.” Another member whom I almost mistaken for a girl replied.

“Me?” I asked surprised.

Slowly another member emerged from behind. Clad in black uniforms like the others. I was shocked after getting a good look at him.

“Yoseob! Is that you!?” I cried out in disbelief.

He came closer. His features were more distinct now. I could see he has grown a lot since we last met.

“Hello ...(your name)... It has been awhile.” He smiled.

-End-