Impossible

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++MBLAQ’s POV++++++++++++++++++

G.O.: Hyung, are you sure with your decision? Aren’t there any other options than this?

Seungho: Yes I am. This is the last resort I have on my mind. After all, she will eventually find out about us judging from her abnormal mental capabilities. Plus, she’s already suspicious of us on her first day of school. Rather than eliminating the threat, why don’t we join forces? I’m sure she’d benefit the council a lot.

Mir: What if she freaks out and… you know… everything goes wrong?

Seungho: Got that covered. That’s when Thunder’s abilities come in hand. Just brain-wash her and everything’s done.

Thunder: You guys really do treat me as an eraser huh?

Joon: … Get ready guys, she’s coming. She’s already passed the forest.

Seungho: You heard the psychic. Let’s get to work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What’s with all the stories that Rina told me? Everything’s completely normal to me… I mean except for the creepy vibe radiating from MBLAQ’s manor that is. I arrived at their front door, not knowing whether I should knock. Ok, hair. Check. Clothes. Check. Invitation. Check. Ok, let’s go. I lifted my hand to knock the door. But coincidentally Joon opened the door to greet me.

“Hello. I guess you’re on time.” Joon greeted.

“Hi. I guess so. How did you know…?”

“Smart guess. I get that a lot. Here, follow me.” He grinned and leaded me the way.

Smart guess? Smartest guess ever I’d say. I walked in and was astonished to find their interior way more furnished than I could  have ever imagined. And I thought that my room was cool. I mean, a chandelier in a student council’s dorm. Hold on, you can’t even call this a dorm or a manor anymore. It’s a total mansion!!!

“I see you’ve taken interest in our place of living.” Seungho, who I’ve come to know thanks to Rina said as I entered the living room where all of the other members were waiting.

“Ah, yes.” Are all the members this good at guessing?

“I’ll cut to the chase. Your name’s ….  right? I see we met this morning and we did a little research on your background.”

“And we found something quite unusual.” Thunder added.

“What’s unusual?”

“Well, in all our years as the school’s student council, we’ve never come across someone with such a high IQ rating as you. Other than our own members that is. You’re co curricular activities aren’t bad as well.” Mir said.

“The point is we’re giving you an offer to join the school’s student council.” Joon suddenly said.

“Huh? Me? Why not pick somebody else? I’m still a freshman. Isn’t this all too sudden?”

“Yes, we know that. But it’s a great opportunity for you don’t you think. You wouldn’t want to let down your parent’s high expectations would you?” Seungho said.

Wow, they even know about my parents now too? Some research they did. The offer’s quite tempting though living in such a luxurious place. Too bad, but I don’t think all of these wealth quite fits me. After all, I don’t want to be the school’s anti just on my first day.

“Urm, sorry. I don’t think this quite suits me. Try asking someone else. If that’s all I’ll take my leave.” I said as I stood up and got ready to leave.

“Did I mention the meals we get over here?” Seungho suddenly added.

My feet paused on impulse after I heard him say the magic word. My only weakness. Food!

“Five meals a day complete with tea time and supper. Oh, the food’s prepared by master chefs too. Chinese, Italian, Korean, Swedish, just about anything there is.” G.O. tempted me more.

“Then again… I guess I could change my mind.” I took back my statement.

“What about my room?” I asked.

“Don’t worry. We have a spare room on top for guests. You can take that room.”

“Deal then! The meal still counts if I move over tonight right?” I asked.

“Haha, yes.”

“Great, see you later!” I bid them goodbye as I rushed back to my place to pack.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++MBLAQ POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thunder: That was easy enough. She’s a glutton for food eh? Nice thinking hyung.

Seungho: It pays off to be a mind-reader sometimes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“You’ve gotta be kidding me. This is my room!!!?” I screamed in disbelief as I set my eyes on my new room.

“Yup. All of it now belongs to you. I’d take it you won’t regret your decision?” Mir asked.

“Nope, not at all! Thanks!”

“Haha. Dinner’s at 8.00. Settle down and join us later. “

“Alright.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Mir’s POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess she must be really happy to have been so enthusiastic. Looks like things won’t be so dull starting from now on.

“Hey, Thunder! What are you doing?” I asked as I walked towards him who’s busy on the computer.

“Research.” He replied.

“What? Dude, you never get tired of that?”

“It puzzles me.”

“What puzzles you?”

“Her.”

“Her? You mean …?”

“Yeah, as far as I know no one, especially a human can have the same mental capabilities on par as a vampire’s. It just doesn’t make sense.”

“Well, who knows? Maybe she’s an exception…”

“I highly doubt that. Something’s really peculiar about her and I’m gonna find out.”

“Suit yourself. Dinner’s at 8.00. Don’t be late.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Yah, is you’re stomach a bottomless pit?” G.O. asked me as I helped myself with the table of food before us.

“Nmpff… Ng..unpff..nppf..” I couldn’t speak with my mouth full of food.

“Heh, she says that she just has a good appetite.” Seungho helped me out.

“Looks like we won’t have any problem wasting food from now on too.” Joon said.

I ignored their conversation and continued my feast. At least, until I noticed something odd.

“Hey, why are your drinks different than mine? They’re red.” I asked curiously.

“Ah, it’s because of this.” Seungho said as he lifted something that somewhat looked like a tablet.

“Supplements. That explains the colouring.” Joon explained.

“Ah, I see.” Supplements? Does this explain their unbelievably high scores in school?

After dinner all of us decided to sit down to watch television. I was most excited as my favourite TV programme, City Hunter will be showing tonight.

“Yaaa~  LMH’s really cool~~~” My fan-girl mode switched on as the show started to air.

++++++++++++++++++++Mir’s POV+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What?! LMH? Here she is with MBLAQ all around her and all she could talk or even compliment about is LMH???

“Hey, I don’t see what’s so good about him…” I opposed.

“Hmmm? You can’t see? I’ll help you. He’s gorgeous, a really good actor, model not to mention singing~” I listened to her as she bragged on.

“Ah, alright, alright. I heard enough.” I stopped her.

“Pfff. Hahahaha.” Joon suddenly laughed.

“Sorry. It’s just that this is the first time ever I’ve saw Mir being turn down by a girl.”

“Ah, don’t get me wrong Mir. I’m a big fan of LMH, but I never said that you weren’t cute either.” … said as she pulled a smile at me.

“W..Whatever.” I scoffed.

“Our maknae’s blushing from …’s smile earlier isn’t he?” G.O. teased me.

“Yah, do you guys want to watch the show or not?!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Joon’s POV++++++++++++++++++++++++++

…. Has fallen asleep and everyone has gotten back to their rooms. Probably to do their own work. I’m left on the sofa with her. Since I don’t sleep I guess there’s no harm in watching her do so right?

 I sat closer beside her whom was already snoring away in dreamland. How long has it been since I last slept? She looks really peaceful. I stared at her as I studied her features closely. Shoulder-length hair with a slight dark brown hue. Almond-shaped eyes with a button nose. And lips which were constantly being pulled into a smile. I started her hair before I knew it.

“Hmmm… Joon…? She woke up.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?”

“Huh? I fell asleep… Where are the others.”

“In their rooms. Sleeping.” I lied…

“Ah, I see it’s already late. Why aren’t you asleep yet?”

“Can’t seem to sleep…” I lied once again.

“Is that so? Wanna know a little secret?” She asked as she leaned in on me.

“What?”

“Here, lie on my lap. I’ll sing you a lullaby. My mum always does this whenever I couldn’t sleep or woke up from a nightmare.”

“Ah.. Th..That ‘s ok. I’m fine. You just sleep first.”

“No, I insist! Here!” She said as she pushed me down onto her lap.

“Ugh. Can’t you be more gentle? I doubt your method would work.”
“We’ll see. Close your eyes.”

I did as she said. She started singing in soft yet soothing voice. The tune somehow nostalgic yet new at the same time. I could feel her hands my hair as she continued singing. I wondered when was the last time I felt this relaxed too. Before I knew it, the next time I opened my eyes, it was already morning.

“I see you’re awake. Just in time for school. It work didn’t it?” She girnned.

I immediately got up and recalled the memories of the night before. Impossible! There’s no way! Vampires don’t sleep. No, we can’t sleep! How did she?

“…! How did you..?”

“Hmm? What is it?” She asked me as I stopped mid-way.

“N…Nothing. Forget about it. I have to get ready for school.” I said as I hurried up to my room.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What did Joon call me for I wonder..?

-End-