Substitute

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

“Why am I doing this again?” Hyunseung asked with a hinge of regret in his tone as he came out dressed up like… well… me.

“Woah! You don’t look too bad as ……… Guess this is the only time when your shape-shifting abilities come in handy eh?” Du Jun said in amazement at how identical I and Hyunseung looked right now.

“Mianhae Hyunseung, but just for today, please bear with it. It’s all for …….. after all.” Kikwang tried to console Hyunseung who has already lost most of his dignity today. Hyunseung heaved a heavy sigh and just nodded.

“Great. So, can we go now?” Seungho asked everyone. All of us nodded in agreement and headed out together. Confused again? Alright, here’s what happened…

--------------------------Flashback start----------------------------

“Ok, I’ve called of you here today because I have something important to tell all of you. And it concerns the safety of everyone, especially ………” Yoseob glanced up at me with concern written all over his face.

“I’m sensing something again. The same enemy we encountered not too long ago is closer than we thought. And I think he’s gonna strike again, today. At the same place you and Joon were attacked last time.” Everyone gawked at him including me. I knew he was gonna strike again, but I didn’t think that it would be this soon.

“So.. what are we going to do about it?” Thunder asked.

“Simple. Grab ourselves a bait, lure in the target, and ambush them. This time, we will be the ones setting them up.” Junhyung answered with much calamity.

“So… someone else is gonna replace me right? Well… who’s gonna do that? I mean, all of you are clearly not of the same build as me.” I asked and all of them had the same thought, and mysteriously turned to face Hyunseung at the same time.

“Why are all of you looking at me like that?” Poor innocent Hyunseung probably didn’t know what he was up for.

--------------------------Flashback end----------------------------

“Alright, just like we planned. Junhyung, you’ll head together with Hyunseung first. We’ll be following behind.” Du Jun ordered his part of the party. Junhyung and Hyunseung obediently obeyed and went on first.

“Don’t miss me while I’m gone~” Junhyung was once again going on with his incessant teasing. I rolled my eyes at him.

“I won’t! Now shoo!” I replied to him still annoyed.

So it’s like this, Hyungseung (who’s gonna pretend to be me) will go out on what seems like a date with Junhyung. ( We picked Junhyung caused his powers had the most advantage in this role ) While me and the other MBLEAST members will follow up from behind and try our best to be inconspicuous. We’ve split up into groups, and of course, they’ve paired me up with Joon. Or more like Joon asked to be paired up with me. And for now, we’ll be tailing them slowly from behind.

Me and Joon took small and slow steps along the same aisle we went to weeks ago. The same stores and buildings reminded me of the fun we had that day, on our very first date. But it also reminded me painfully of what happened that day, how close Joon was to actual death. And it was all because of me. Not once has the guilt I felt from that incidence wear away. And having to walk the same patch where it all happened once again with him is starting scare me. My hands were starting to tremble as the memories of that dreadful day replayed itself again and again in my head.

“You’ll give us away if you keep shaking like a leaf.” Joon grabbed hold of my shaking right hand into his left, both calming it and giving it warmth.

“Quit worrying, I’ll be more careful this time. I give you my word.” And just like that, his dazzling smile chased away every last traces of unassurance I had moments ago.

“Mm.”

------------------Meanwhile over at JunSeung’s side-----------------

“Psst… Junhyung, say something. They’ll find out who I really am if we don’t start acting all ‘couple-like’.” Hyunseung tried to persuade Junhyung into at least start up with a conversation. All this cold silence definitely won’t do them much good.

“Hmm? Why don’t you start then? Ah, and that’ll be ‘oppa’ not ‘Junhyung’.” Junhyung replied with a wry smile, throwing back Hyunseung.

Fine, I too can play it your way.” Hyunseung decided to play along Junhyung’s little game, and engaged into the silent battle of wits.

“Oppa~~Do you really want me to do this?~” Hyunseung asked Junhyung in the most teasing, adorable, aegyo-like voice he can come up with whilst taking on …………’s body.

Junhyung, who was totally taken by surprise jerked a bit at Hyunseung’s sudden actions. But he recovered quickly enough from his shock and recomposed himself.

“Fine. Then how about this?” Hyunseung tugged at one of Junhyung’s overcoat sleeves and again with the cutest ever aegyo he can come up with, he once again . “Oppa~ Didn’t you hear what I said?~” And to add more affect, Hyunseung did a little of the cute puppy-face pout he never failed to pull. Hearing Hyunseung’s aegyo and seeing his face pout in ………..’s body was just simply too much for Junhyung to handle.

Both overwhelmed and taken aback by Hyunseung’s strong attack, Junhyung gave up. “Geh, fine! I lose, happy now?!” Hyunseung merely laughed at Junhyung’s sudden admit of defeat.

“Hahaha, I swear nothing can come close to beating your expression just now!!! Hahahaha!!!” Hyunseung totally cracked up and merely pointed at Junhyung’s face. Feeling puzzled, Junhyung turned around to see his reflection in the mirror of one of the street shops. And clearly enough, he could see his pink flustered face.

“Can’t we just move along?” Junhyung face-palmed himself and Hyunseung just continued to crack himself up further more.

After what seemed to be just seconds, the happiness and excitement in the air was completely taken away with a wave of total disgusting evil-like aura. Junhyung and Hyunseung were themselves again and the whole team’s attention are totally focused on only one thing now.

“He’s here.”

-End-

Hey everyone~ Sorry if the chapters are getting shorter, lack of creative-vocab juices lately. Oh, and thanks for all your comments and subscriptions. Keep them coming. >.< Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. =)

*I kind of feel the need to add another 'emergency' character' into the story. Due to the complicated plot line, I suddenly found this need. So... I have U-Kiss's Kevin in mind... Any of you support this suggestion???~ Do comment and subscribe.