Tamer

My School’s Student Council Members Are Vampires

 

“N..No, I’m not afraid.” I managed to say as I dug myself deep in to my bed hoping Joon would stop pacing  himself closer to me.

I’m not afraid. I wasn’t and I’m not now. I know it very well. Even when I discovered the truth about MBLAQ at Beast’s manor I never once felt fear. They’re still my friends. But still, I don’t know what has gotten over me. This feeling, there’s no doubt its fear. To make someone break out in cold sweat and shiver uncontrollably… Fear is the only thing that fits the description.

“You say that but your body can’t lie.” Joon’s voice turned cold, his face equally displaying an emotionless expression.

“It’s true! Why would I be afraid of you guys? Knowing the truth doesn’t change the fact that I still see you guys as friends!”

He took his hand and swept my hair that was covering my neck. He’s staring at the bite wound.

“Your body remembers the pain, the fear you felt.” He sled his fingers over the wound. Its healed. But my body reacted unconsciously and shivered on impulse.

“You can’t lie about that.”

“Hey, that’s enough. Shouldn’t you be nicer to her? She just woke up after all….” Seungho interrupted before I could speak. He walked in with the other three members. Joon removed his hand and walked out of the room. Not hesitating nor looking back.

“Did something happen when I was asleep? He seems mad.” I asked.

“Nah, don’t worry about him. He’s just angry that he didn’t follow you that time.” Thunder told me.

“But I’m fine after all that aren’t I?”

“Yah! Don’t say it just like it’s so easy. You were at the brink of death!” Mir shouted.

“He’s right. If we haven’t got to you sooner, you might already be dead or….” G.O. hesitated to continue.

“Become a vampire?” I tried to finish his sentence. He nodded.

“That’s the weird part.” Seungho said.

“What is?”

“You were supposed to be… changed. We definitely got there too late. Mir shouldn’t have been able to heal you either. Not with Yoseob’s ice element blocking him.” Seungho explained.

“Hold on, one at a time. Could you start by explaining to me what’s with all the power and vampire thing from scratch?” I couldn’t understand them even if they continued.

“Fine it’s a long one though.”

“It’s alright. I’m a good listener.” I quipped.

“As you already know, we, vampires exist. There aren’t many of us but all we know is that besides us, there’s Beast and we’re not exactly on good terms. Beast are Ice element users. The opposite element of Fire, our element. Both has different attributes and cancel each other out. That explains why we’re weak in each other’s territories.” Seungho stopped to take a breath.

“As for our abilities, I’m a mind-reader. I can read human’s but not vampires. Thunder can control people’s memories, G.O. can hypnotize, Mir has healing abilities and Joon can see the past, present and future.” He continued.

“Ah, so that explains all those ‘coincidences’ we had.” I said.

“Haha, pretty much.”

“The next one is about the Covenant. It’s a rule made by our ancestors years ago to keep peace so that we can co-exist with humans.” Thunder said.

“And according to it, drinking human blood is a complete no. However, it looks like Yoseob has already broken that law.”

“What do you guys drink then?” I asked.

“We have long abandoned the taboo of drinking human blood. We take blood tablets now. They’re like artificial blood to satisfy our thirst. They don’t taste good though.”

“Haha, and here I was thinking that you guys are starting to sound like Twilight.” I teased.

“There’s one more thing… Any human that knows of our existence should have their memories erased.” Seungho added.

“What? Then what about me??”

“That’s what we’re trying to figure out. Thunder had already tried to erase you memories when you were asleep, but it seems it didn’t work.”

“This and the fact that the venom didn’t take had any effect on you. It’s completely abnormal. No, it’s impossible! Putting Joon to sleep too. Vampires can’t sleep!” Thunder reasoned.

“Ah, now you’re scaring me…”

“Sorry, it’s just that I can’t figure you out no matter how I try…. Unless…”

“Unless what?” I asked him.

“No… it couldn’t be…” Thunder mumbled to himself. He then went to the others and discussed about something.

“…., there’s something we need to confirm. But you wouldn’t like it if we do this…” Thunder said to me and asked me for recognition of a certain request he has.

“Sure, as long as it doesn’t pose a threat to my life, its fine.” I assured him.

“Alright then, here I go.”

He stood in front of me in less than a second and placed his hand on top of my head. An intense pain rammed through my head. Not your everyday headache. It hurt more than the bite. This time it’s like a thousand atomic bombs exploding in your head at the same time. I grabbed his hands and forced them away on impulse. Thunder just strengthen his hold on me and didn’t stop. I couldn’t help but just scream.

“Stop it!!!!” I screamed. Fortunately the pain stopped and I felt Thunder let go. Moments later, I heard a loud crash. I opened my eyes and was shock to see Thunder down on the floor … several rooms away!!! The walls had a large hole in them, clearly showing how he was thrown backwards.

“Aish, couldn’t you be more gentle? That hurt!” He complained as he got up and dusted the dust on him away.

“I..I did that?” I asked as I stared wide eyed at the mess in front of me. The other members were speechless but Thunder talked.

“Yeah, who else. That confirmed my theory though…” He started walking back.

“What the hell hap…” Joon rushed up and gapped at the disaster he saw upstairs.

“Hey! My room!!!” He shouted. He’s only concerned about his room at a time like this?

Seungho seems back to normal and held my arm to push up my sleeves.

“What are you..?” I asked dumbfound at what he’s trying to pull.

“There. It really is you.” He said and stared at the birth mark on my arm.

“Hmm? You mean this? My parents told me it’s a birth mark. I had it since I was born.” I said as I too looked at the crescent shaped mark on the top of my arm.

“How did you know about it?”

“Rummaged through some of your thoughts.” He replied quick enough. Great! No privacy for me anymore.

“I was right wasn’t I hyung?” Thunder asked.

“Huh? What?” I was puzzled again.

“This, it’s no ordinary birth mark. It’s the mark of the Tamer. The one said to be the only person or being capable of taming any vampires. Exist to control us should anything go wrong.” Seungho said.

“What? Why me?”

“Who knows. This mark and your weird capabilities, IQ and others has just been explained. Looks like you’re really a beneficial member to MBLAQ” He smirked.

“Geez, that jerk Yoseob must have bitten her knowing this.” Mir mumbled.

“What do you mean?”

“A tamer won’t be affected by any vampire powers, if they’re strong enough that is. You were weak after the venom entered your body. That explains why I could put you to sleep.”G.O. explained.

“Damn, I was worried over nothing then?!” Joon asked completely bewildered.

“It seems so.” Everyone exploded in laughter right after Seungho’s answer. I couldn’t help laughing myself.

“Hey, I know we’re having a great time laughing and such, but what are you going to do about that?!” Mir asked as he gestured his hand towards the wreckage. “My room got hit too!” He continued.

It’s barely been a week. And too many things have already taken place. MBLAQ, Beast, vampires, Tamer…. Was transferring to this school a bad idea after all? I guess it’ll take some time before I can decide.

-End-