Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 6

 

Jaejoong yawned & stretched over, touching the pillow next to his. He opened his eyes slowly & sighed, “I miss you so much.” Turning over, he grabbed the photo frame on the night table. A sorrowful smile appeared on his lips, “I dreamed of you & you still looked so beautiful.” He kissed the picture, “I love you.” Taking in a deep breath, he set the picture back down & got out of bed. After taking a long shower with such satisfaction, he walked down the stairs moodily.

 

“Have a nice sleep?”

 

He kept himself from sighing at the sound of the voice. So much like Hannie, “I did.” Before his foot can land on the next step of stairs, she fell into step with him. He averted & stare. She smiled. His heart stopped its beating. He took in a huge breath, urging himself not to think of her as his Hannie. After a second of staring at her, he smiled back, somehow “You look nice today. Where are you going?”

 

“Nowhere in particular.” Tiffany remarked, with a careless shrug.

 

Jaejoong nodded his head, “How long will you be staying here?”

 

She raised a non-surprise brow, “As you had said before, I don’t have to answer every bit of your question if I’m going to stay in this house. Do you not remember?”

 

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at her. With one blink, he continued to walk down the stair, totally ignoring her for the time being & not bothering to get any breakfast, he stalked out of the house with nothing but a little glance at the servants. The sun shined from above & a little breeze passed by from time to time. Getting into his car, he drove off with determination of a nice day.

 

Tiredness was still swelling inside of him. He haven’t been sleeping right since Stephanie’s death. He remembered her cute pouting lips, her sharp & pointed nose & her immense beautiful eyes & the immense & stubborn eyes of her sister’s seemed to slide by. The anger of them aroused his soul. The eyes that looked at him just eighteen minutes ago weren’t the twins of Stephanie’s any longer. How he wish she had never visited. Her reasoned for staying haven’t even been said & then there were the eyes of every employee staring at him strongly from last night break in. He nodded in greeting as he passed by them. It was the silent that kept him moving, “Coffee, Mr. Kim?”

 

“Black with no sugar please, Kyungmi.” He set his black wilsons top-rod leather briefcase heavily onto the desk & sat down. His eyes moderately moved towards the file cabinet. A soft curse came out between his seductive lips.

 

“Good morning, Joongie Oppa.” He jerked in shock towards the threshold. Yoona smiled & closed the door behind her, “Sorry I scared you.”

 

He waved his hand, “What are you doing here?”

 

“To talk about our wedding of course.”

 

His eyes turned sharp, gazing up at her, “Not now, Yoona. My wife’s funeral was just a week ago.” He placed his palm on the armchair & pushed himself up quickly. His eyes caught hold of Stephanie’s photo frame sitting on the side of his desk. A knife of guilt stabbed through him. He turned away, raking his hair & looked out at the city. A hand suddenly slid down his back then up to his neck, massaging it.

 

“I know it hurts, Oppa, but I’m your fiance now. You have to let it go.”

 

He pushed her hands aside & turned around to face her, “You don’t know anything about love, Yoona. All the years I have known you, you had never fallen in love before.”

 

She gritted her teeth together, “Then tell me why we are getting married?”

 

“You know exactly why. It’s just to help your father & my company.” He swallowed, “I’m still in love with my wife, Yoona.”

 

“But you’re the one who settled the marriage agreement.”

 

“I know.” Jaejoong replied, walking past her. She followed him, snatching him by the arm & turned up in front of him. With another sigh, he gently freed her long, slender fingers from her hold, “Please just go home, Yoona.”

 

“No, Oppa.”

 

He closed his eyes. When he opened them back up, it was filled with fierce of impatient fire, “Even though I asked your father for you, it’s only because of business. I’m not asking for anything else.”

 

“Then why did you ask me on the day of your wife’s funeral?”

 

Jaejoong groaned inwardly. He turned around, walked over to his desk & sat down with his face buried in the palm of his hands, “Just leave, Yoona, please.”

 

“I want the wedding in a month, Oppa.”

 

“I’ll do the planning, not you.” Looking at her through his parted arms, he grunt, “Don’t think that I’m marrying you means that I love you, Yoona. I don’t. You’re not the little innocent girl I used to know anymore. You’d changed.”

 

Yoona raised her chin stubbornly, “So, you have always known that I love you, Oppa. Since we were kids, I had always had a crush on you.”

 

He half smiled & smirked, “Well, you’re a lucky woman this time, Yoona, since you’re going to marry me soon. Don’t you think so? You should be happy.”

 

She kept the urge from snapping at him, “Goodbye.” She waited for his responses but when he didn’t answer & just waved his hands at her, she stamped her foot & stalked out, passing by Kyungmi.

 

“Mr. Kim, do you still want your coffee?”

 

“Of course!” He grumbled, reaching up for it, his eyes looking down at a blank paper. After the mug was in his hands, he raised it to his lips & took a huge, hot gulp. Kyungmi stared, afraid that he’ll explode any second. When he didn’t, she cleared .

 

“There’s a meeting in the conference room in thirteen minutes, Mr. Kim.”

 

“Of course.” He mumbled again.

 

Kyungmi raised her brows apologetically, “Well then, I’ll just inform you about the other conferences later on.” He waved his hands, telling her to spit them out. As she did, he closed his eyes, shutting her voice out.

 

The marriage, oh god. He didn’t want to remarry again, but he had to. It wasn’t because of the business problem. Actually, there were no business problems. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly. Yoona had been having a relationship with the man that had caused Stephanie to kill herself. The two had been having a relationship with the same man, thinking that he didn’t know at all.

 

Jaejoong followed Stephanie every Friday night to that club, seeking in the dark. He should have gotten his hands on the man before anything else could have happened & seeing her in another man’s arm with a round stomach had caused him the pain he had never felt before. The sight was unforgiving but it was forgetful but he hadn’t forgotten it yet.

 

If only he hadn’t agree to go out on a dinner night on that Friday with Yoona then he wouldn’t had seen his wife lying dead on the bed. She had killed herself but he was sure there were more to it. The man had done more than he should have done.

 

The only way he could get into the evidence of why Stephanie had killed herself was to marry Yoona. She was close to the man, more than close. She was part of her death & when he does find the reason of why Stephanie had killed herself, he’ll take a risk to save the dead.

 

He wouldn’t give a damn of what others think! If to find out the real reason why his wife had killed herself, he’ll take the risk of getting damned by her sister! She did want to know the real reason too, didn’t she?

 

“Mr. Kim.”

 

Jaejoong flashed his eyes open, then grumbled, “What?!”

 

“It’s time for the meeting.”

 

He rubbed his face, raked his hair & stood up tiredly, “Then what are you waiting for? Let’s go.” Kyungmi blinked at a loss, then followed her boss from behind, “If you have something to say during the meeting, say it instead of just sitting there like a dumb duck! I want you to take notes carefully. Not every single words others & I say but just a…”

 

“I know my job. That’s why I’m working for you, Mr. Kim.”

 

Jaejoong turned around, stared at her quizzically & smiled, “Yes, of course.” He turned around & continued walking, smiling to himself at a loss. Entering the conference room after taking a ride in the elevator, Jaejoong greeted everyone with a nodded & took his seat at the head of the table. Taking a glance at his rado centrix jubile watch, it wasn’t until five minutes to start the meeting. He coughed, placed his head on his palm & stared at the blank paper again. A commotion stirred, disturbing his thoughts. He glanced up in frustration & looked back down again. His heart froze. Looking up abruptly, he couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

“Mr. Kim, it’s time to start.” He heard the voice of his secretary but yet, he ignored her, staring in shock at the person shaking hands with the other employee, “Mr. Kim.” He ignored her voice again, “Mr. Kim.” Her voice had tripled.

 

“What?!” He snapped, turning around to glare at Kyungmi. She jumped back & took a huge gulp of air. He blinked, surprised at his own action & didn’t dare look at his employees who had become silent. He took a huge breath in & cleared his throat, “Sorry.” It came out as a mumble as he stood up. Kyungmi backed up but moved forward as he motioned for her to. Leaning in closer to her ear, he whispered, “Who’s that?”

 

“Who’s who?”

 

“That woman.” He stopped his words as his secretary frowned at him, “What?”

 

“She’s your sister-in-law, Mr. Kim.” Her frown deepened, “Are you feeling well?”

 

Jaejoong nodded his head, unable to speak. He motioned for her to move aside & then walked up & turned around to face his adviser. His eyes didn’t need to circulate around to meet her eyes. She stared back at him with amusement. He half-smiled & then the smile disappeared. He turned around, took out his pointing stick & loosened his green satin square tie. He coughed as if he was choking. A glass of water suddenly appeared in front of his face.

 

Gratefully, Jaejoong took it & drank the water in one whole gulp. He handed the cup back to Kyungmi & wiped his mouth, “What’s wrong with you?” He asked himself. Turning around once again, he cracked a shaky smile at his advisers, “Good morning everyone. I believe we were on the roll of talking about the new development of Kim’s Tech. Inc. yesterday morning. We had gotten a copy of the chip & sent it to San Francisco, California. Once we have make it protected & reserved, I want it to be completely useable to other people, though it surely would be. Protecting viruses, that is.” One more look at Tiffany, he continued.

 

Though his whole concentration was on his words carefully, his mind was on her. It was impossible for her to come to the top & become an advisor & what the heck, how did she get the job? The years he had known her, she had never paid any attention to technology but now, as his eyes met her movements from time to time, she was writing his words down with interest.

 

“That’s all for today.” He walked down & gathered his stuff, his eyes following Tiffany as she stood up from her chair with the rest.

 

“Mr. Kim, you still have a meeting with your cabinets member in a few minutes.”

 

“I’ll be back in time.”

 

“But…”

 

“Hold it off until I get back, Kyungmi.” Jaejoong walked pass her briskly, eyes on the lookout for Tiffany. Exiting the conference room, he caught her eyes just as she turned around the corner with a sly smile on, “A game, huh?” He mumbled, under his breath, uninterested. his dry lips, he followed her. As he opened the doubled doors, the other doubled doors closed after her. He frowned & fastened his pace. His palm laid flat on the door as it was about to close & swung it open. Three steps then he stopped & turned around abruptly, “Hello, Mr. Kim.”