Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 44

 

Feeling the coldness coming in from the gap of the blanket, Tiffany balled herself up & mumbled under her breath. She sighed & then suddenly frowned as she felt the silkiness of the bedspread. Her hands touched her cold, bare body. Abruptly, her eyes flashed open. She looked around, taking a moment to recollect the memory from last night. Her cheeks suddenly flushed then. Hearing a noise behind her, Tiffany turned around on the bed in the dark. Her eyes met those of the man she had made love with last night. Although it was dark, she can see the smile on his face.

 

“Good morning, sleeping beauty. I was trying not to wake you up.” Jaejoong whispered, zipping up his navy lighthouse comfort waist chino pants.

 

A grin tilted up at her lips, “You didn’t. I just suddenly felt lonely & cold.”

 

He arched a brow, “I’ll get back in bed if you…”

 

“No.” Tiffany quickly interrupted, “I’m fine now. Besides, your flight is leaving in a couple of minutes. I don’t want you to be late.”

 

“You really want me to go away that bad?” Jaejoong asked, chuckling. He walked up to her, leaned down & kissed her cheeks, “I’ll call you.”

 

“Everyday?”

 

“No, every second.” Tiffany laughed, reaching out to grab his hands. She soothed her thumb over his silently without saying anything. He stared at her with a dreaming face on, “What’s wrong?” She peered up at him, shaking her head. He reached out & touched her cold cheek, “If I can, I would want to get back in bed with you, Fany. I’m so glad you were with me last night. It was the best.” He placed his hand on her hips, her skin only a blanket millimeter away, “I called your dad.”

 

Her attention became alert, “When?”

 

“Yesterday night. I told him about our planned.” He lifted up a hesitating smile. Her body became tense. She tightened her grasps on his hand.

 

“My dad isn’t…”

 

“He’s happy, for both of us. Don’t worry about it at all, Fany.”

 

“Then why do you look so worry?”

 

Jaejoong gave her a reassuring smile, “He’s just worry about you & wants me to take very good care of you. Nothing important.” He pulled the blanket up to her neck, “Go back to sleep. It’s still early in the morning. Don’t wake up until you’re sure you have enough energy. I’m afraid last night might have made you a little restless.” He leaned down to kiss her but she quickly pulled the edge of the blank up to cover . He raised a brow.

 

“I hadn’t brush my teeth yet.” She murmured.

 

He shook his head, kissed her forehead & whispered, “I’ll be back very soon. Promise you’ll wait for me until I get back.”

 

“I promise.”

 

“Now that’s my girl.” Despite her protests, Jaejoong leaned down & kissed her on the lips where the blanket separated him from getting into any deeper sensation. He groaned with a pout, “I miss you already. This isn’t fair.”

 

She laughed, “I’ll miss you too, Jae Oppa.”

 

He gave her another kiss, “I love you.”

 

“& I love you. Now go before your flight takes off without you.”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m going.” He stood up, stretching his legs & arms out & walked towards his black prevail two boarding bag, “I’ll call you. Leave your phone open.” She nodded her head, watching him as he walked to the door, “Stay y & don’t lose that attitude I love, babe.” He said huskily, threw a wink back at her & walked out of the door. She laughed, pressed her lips together & curled up into her little ball again.

 

suddenly tightened. She sighed as her laugh slowly disappeared.

 

The ring of her cell phone caught her attention. She frowned, reached for her cell & flipped it open, “Hello.”

 

“I told you I would call.”

 

A smile came upon her lips. A sharp pain suddenly came to her heart. She quickly closed her eyes as quick tears came threatening down.

 

Yuri laughed to herself as she spread her arms out. Her hair blew behind her as fast wind passed by, “This is what I call paradise.”

 

“You’re enjoying yourself a little too much there, Yul.” Yunho spoke, from behind as he took his seat. She turned to look at him, a teasing smile on her pale pink lips. He chuckled, reaching for the plate of cake mix waffles. She snatched one excitedly & dipped her finger into the whip. He watched as she devoured the sweetness, “We’re on a ship, Yul. I don’t want you to get too excited & jump off. It’s more than eighty feet downward before you hit the water, you know.”

 

She turned to look at him & shook her head as her wavy hair bounced up & down, “I don’t mind getting wet.” She crinkled her nose with a cute look on, “This is a beautiful day.” She suddenly grimaced, skimming her fingers around the rim of the plate, “I’m worry about leaving Tiffany alone.”

 

“Don’t occupy your mind with too much of that. I’m sure Jae is there watching over her. She’s strong & still have more than a few weeks left.”

 

“Yeah.” Yuri whispered, looking down at the waffle just as her appetite disappeared. As he touched her hand, she peered up at him.

 

“We’ll go back if you want.”

 

“No.” She quickly rejected, feeling quite guilty as she did so, “I mean.” She hesitated, brushing her hair back, “I’m worried but I don’t want to ruin this for you. You’ve been so patient with me & paid for this little trip we’re having. Besides, we’re on a cruise & can’t turn back.” She said, a teasing smile tilting up at her lips, “The captain will certainly shout at us.”

 

Yunho grinned, “You’re a smart thinker. That’s so different from the others I used to date.”

 

Yuri arched a brow, “Really? What kind of women do you date? Is one the old Rinnie?”

 

He narrowed his eyes at her as she laughed, “Yes, but to be more specific, I used to date women who wear revealing clothes & have those clown faces.”

 

She narrowed her brows at him, “You mean you were calling me a clown face when I was Rinnie?”

 

His eyes widened. Quickly, he held up his hands to defend himself, “No, you weren’t a clown face. On woman who has dark lips are clown faces. You didn’t have any kind of that on. I promise.” Her brow inched up. He flashed a quick grin, “You don’t believe me, do you?”

 

“Not yet.” Taking in a deep breath, Yuri stretched her legs out & stood up. She walked off the deck as he followed from close behind.

 

“We’re suppose to trust each other now, you know!” Yunho called out, not daring to stop her, “I’m a man you can trust & I know you’re the woman I can trust.”

 

Yuri spun around abruptly. He stopped himself before bumping into her. She lifted her chin up a faction, “What are you trying to get to?”

 

“Not the bed.” Yunho said slowly, & seeing her eyes widening, he quickly finished, “But our relationship.”

 

Her jaw dropped, still in a mixer of madness & confusion with his words. She blinked several times, trying to clear up his statement, “That was a very nice way of putting it, Yunnie Oppa.” Then she laughed, rolling her eyes, “I thought our relationship was already in the place where...you know...that.” She gave him a wink as he gave her a questioning gaze, “I’m a person who takes in everything quickly, Oppa, especially relationship. That’s the reason why I’m not married yet. Yes, some guys are afraid of me rather I’m at them.” She paused, still waiting for his responses. Throwing one hip out, she placed her hand on it, “Don’t tell me I scared you already.”

 

Yunho, all of a sudden, laughed “You just haven’t seen the real me yet, babe. Just wait until I show you my real eating habit.” He yanked her by the hand without a warning, “Let’s call dinner early.” Yunho said, walking to there room with her in front him while his arms were around her.

 

“Getting marry, eh? What did I tell you before, sonny? I knew I was right. See, grandma can predict the future.”

 

Jaejoong laughed, patting his grandmother’s hands, “Of course, I should have listened to you.”

 

“So, I get to be the bridesmaid?”

 

“Sorry, Grandma. Chohee beat you to it. Besides, we don’t want a cat fight.” He chuckled as her lower lips poked out, “But you get to sit in the front row.”

 

“Don’t family members always do?”

 

He flinched slightly with a little guilt, “Now, who told you that? That’s so not true.” He crinkled his nose, quickly changing the subject, “I met Yoona’s parents today.” The elder woman raised her brows. He gave her a reassuring smile, “They weren’t quite happy about me not attending my own wife’s funeral & I know they congratulated me unwillingly about me re-marrying again. Bad luck always come my way, grandma.” He swallowed thickly, “Tiffany has lung cancer & she doesn’t have that much time left.”

 

“Oh, honey.” She sighed, patting his hand, “You didn’t need to come visit old grandma. I’m still strong & still have some years left. You shouldn’t have left her.”

 

Jaejoong gave an uncertain shrug. Taking in a deep breath, he took a look at his citizen men’s chronograph eco-drive nighthawk black iron plated stainless steel bracelet watch, “I have to go now, grandma. I’ll be back to visit you again, tonight before visiting hours end.” He stood up, kissed her wrinkled cheeks & straightened up, “Bye.”

 

“Bye. Drive carefully now.”

 

“I will.” Jaejoong called, walking out of the room. He brushed his hair back, taking in a deep breath. How he misses her. The sleepless night he laid in bed was her missing body. She wander about in his head, smiling non-stop.

 

He sighed, driving back to work once again. Everything had gotten back to its old way. Walking to his office, he threw a smile over to Kyungmi. To his surprise, she had already gotten married while he was gone but he wouldn’t worry about that now. He was getting marry himself.

 

Jaejoong shook his head as he popped down onto the chair, grinning like an idiot! He hadn’t been this excited since years ago. It was only a matter of time before he headed back to San Francisco. Taking out his cell phone, he flipped it open just as it rang. His brow raised as he took a small glance at her number.

 

“Hey. I was just going to call you.”

 

He heard her clearing before speaking, “Hi, Oppa.”

 

His brows narrowed at her cracking voice, “What’s wrong? You sound different, sweetie.” He straightened up & then leaned forward.

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.” She seemed to take in a deep breath, “I’m just calling to see how you were doing.”

 

“I’m perfectly fine, Fany.” His heartbeat speed up. She didn’t seem to act like her usual self. The tone of her voice seemed lower than usual. He firmly held onto the cell phone, cracking up a crooked smile to reassure himself that she was perfectly fine, “How are you doing?”

 

“I’m...I’m fine, too.” She paused, “I miss you.”

 

“I miss you, too.”

 

His lips twitched as he swallowed, “Fany, what’s wrong?” He asked quietly.

 

She shook her head, ruffling the noise into the phone, “Nothing. It’s nothing, really.” Her voice began to shake before she finished her last word. He stood up from his chair, his eyes looking lost.

 

“Fany, please…”

 

“I love you, Oppa.” She interrupted him, with a shaking whisper, “I would love nothing to do but to live with you for the rest of my life until death due us part. You have been so patient with me & I love you for it.” She paused, “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I know we were never meant to be together. I know this day would come. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

 

“What...You can’t do this to me, Fany. You can’t.”

 

She muffled her cries, “I didn’t want you to see me go. I didn’t want to see the pain in your eyes. I knew I was going to die soon. I knew I didn’t have a month left. I...I started to feel the pain a week ago. I didn’t tell anybody. The nurse doesn’t know.” She bit her bottom lips, “I’m so sorry.”

 

His face went paled, looking ahead to nowhere. The muscle in his jaw twitched. As tear shimmered in his eyes, Jaejoong quickly blinked. He took in a deep breath, keeping in his anger. Waking himself up from the unforgettable world, he ran out of the room, “Wait for me, Fany.”

 

“Don’t, Oppa.” She whispered, her voice dying, “It’s too late.”

 

“No! Don’t do this to me!” He shouted, pushing people out of the way, “I’ll be there. Be patient with me. I’ll be there before you know it.”

 

“You’re not listening to me, Oppa. I call you because I know my time was coming.” She swallowed, “It hurts.” “I know.” Jaejoong stopped, taking a look towards the closing elevator. He cursed, running towards the stairs, “Hold on, Fany. I’m coming. I’m almost there. Listen to my voice. Listen to my words carefully. Don’t hang up. No matter how much it hurts, you know I’m coming. You know I’ll be there. You know we’ll be together.” He swallowed, running out of breath, “Tell me who’s there with you.” She didn’t answer, “Tell me.”

 

“No one.” She whispered.

 

He closed his eyes, “Where are you?”

 

“At home.”

 

“Where are your parents? They’re suppose to be there.”

 

“Don’t be angry, Oppa. Please don’t.” She wiped her tears away weakly, “I bought my parents two tickets to the orpheum theatre. I wanted them…”

 

“What are you trying to do? This is nonsense, Fany. You know how much I love you. You know how much I want to be with you. Please don’t do this & call the ambulance.”

 

She shook her head, “I’m sorry, Oppa. I can’t.” She heaved out a heavy breath, “I love you. I really do. I don’t want you to see me go through this.” She paused, “Goodbye.”

 

“No. Fany. Don’t do this to me. Don’t hang up on me. I’m coming. I’m almost there.”

 

She smiled, “Remember that I love you.”


“Don’t hang up on me, Fany! Don’t!” Jaejoong growled in anger, as the other line went dead. He flipped his cell phone shut, threw it into his pocket & flung the door open. His head whirled around. His breathing came to a non-stop dizziness. He continued running towards his car as tears flew out from the corner of his eyes. The only thing that was running in his head now was getting to her, “Wait for me, Fany, please.”