Tiffany's Secret

Tiffany's Secret

Chapter 23

 

“Is there more that I need to know about?” Yunho asked, his lips twitching up at the right corner. Jaejoong recoiled slightly. He took a small look at Yoona as she crossed her arm. Great, just great, “Eavesdropping help sometimes.”

 

“Glad to see you home, Yunho.” Yoona remarked, grimacing.

 

“Thank you.” He stopped in front of her & smiled again, “I knew something was fishy about you, seeing you at that nightclub.” He glanced at Jaejoong from the corner of his eyes, “I see you there every Friday & you too, Jae. No wonder it caused my dear sister-in-law to kill herself.”

 

“I wouldn’t be a smart mouth if I were you, Yun.” Jaejoong said, standing his ground.

 

“Ah.” Yunho angled his body, matching his to Jaejoong, “But I wonder why you drugged Stephanie’s twin yesterday night, too.” A smile happened to cross his lips as Jaejoong recoiled again, “Lighten up. It’s not as if I’m a traitor.”

 

“Then why were you eavesdropping?”

 

Yunho shrugged, “Just because I wanted to. Come on, Jae, I’m your brother. Even though we’re not so close, I expected to know everything & even if dad had favored you over me, I’m not that bad. Now.” He turned to face Yoona, “What did you do to Stephanie?”

 

She narrowed her eyes at him, “I think it’s none of your business.”

 

“Oh, come on. I.” Yunho stopped short & took a glance at the hand lying on his shoulder. He raised a brow at his brother.

 

“I want to take care of this by myself & it’s only my business.”

 

Yunho’s eyes narrowed slightly at the roughness of his voice. He took in a deep, invisible breath through clenched teeth. With a stiff head, he nodded jerkily, “Fine. Whatever you want, brother.” He brushed Jaejoong’s hand away, aimed a good glare at Yoona & immovably, stalked up the stairs. Head down, his eyes pierced at the stepped as he continued. The silence was still there. They were waiting until his body was out of sight. What a lovable brother. With a curse, he stopped & then turned left, now walking down the dark halls, “Just you wait, Jae. Just you wait.”

 

He stopped before a door, leaned back against the wall on the opposite & took out a cigarette. So much for helping. With a huge intake of the cigarette, he closed his eyes & buffed out the smoke. Relaxation. He couldn’t wait. He just couldn’t. What more would be greater than going against your own blood brother?

 

A small chuckle escaped through his lips. Damn! It feels good just to know everything. Not knowing how long he had been leaning against the wall, Yunho turned his head as footsteps were heard. He smiled, kicking against the wall & straightening himself up. Taking another blow of his cigarette, he knocked the tip out & threw the onto the ground, stepping on it.

 

He took a step forward from the shadow, scaring her, “What did he do?”

 

“I told you to mind your own business!” Yoona snapped. She continued walking, just to be block by his body. Snarling, she added, “& stay out of it.”

 

“If you want help, sweetheart, I suggest you listening to me.” A satisfied smile crossed his lips as she looked up at him with defenseless eyes, “I thought so.”

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“First, I suggest for that tone of voice not to be snapping in front of my face again. Second, we set a good bargain. Third, we agree & last but not least, we start on it. How about it, darling?”

 

Her wide eyes stared at him quizzically. He arched a brow, persuading her every second that was passing by. She had no way out; Jaejoong had stated it firmly but never in her life will she agree to help someone she had gone against with. Knowing Kyuhyun well enough, he could cared less about helping her. The first thing a drug dealer would do is to shoot her brain out, leaving him less trouble to deal with.

 

Yoona lowered her eyes, hesitating for some times since that night. Hearing his chuckle, she jerked her head up sharply. He arched another eyebrow, “So?”

 

Taking in a deep breath, she replied, “What’s the bargain?”

 

Yunho his lips, compensated once again. He tilted her chin up, “Where’s my brother?”

 

“I don’t know. He went out somewhere.”

 

“Good.” Dropping his hand, his face turned serious with a solid look, “I’ll get you out of this mess with my brother if you help me demolish his two companies. Never in my life have I ever been so humiliated when my father handed him the damn things! He could at least give me one of them. Now.” He clicked his tongue, “Do we agree?” Yoona squinted her eyes at him, shaking her head. He raised another brow in frustration, “What else do you want?”

 

“How are you going to help me get out of this mess? It isn’t as easy as you think it is, Yunho.”

 

He scold, “I know that! Just leave everything to me & you do your own job! Don’t mess this up, Yoona!” He bit his bottom lips, thinking. Then he brushed his short light brown hair back, “Deal?” She hesitated; then nodded her head with a small jerk, “Good. Since we’re in this together, tell me why did Stephanie kill herself. You were involved in her death; you should know, Yoona.”

 

“You’re not going to get that answer from me, Yunho.”

 

He pierced his gaze at her. Gripping her arm, he pulled her against his chest making her winced, “If we’re going to work together, I suggest you answering me.”

 

Yoona bit her lips as tears threatened to fall down her eyes. She can feel his fingers gripping onto her milky white skin. How she wished to get out of this mess. Gulping, she uttered, “I don’t know.”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?” He pulled her closer, “You’re lying, aren’t you? Tell me dammit!”

 

She closed her eyes, sinking into her little shell, “I...I really don’t know. All I asked Kyu to do was to kill her for me but he never spoke the truth.”

 

She was jerked back as he pushed her away with a growl, “Fine, but if I find out that you’re lying to me, Yoona, you’ll get it & if you mess this up, you’ll be in deeper trouble! Remember that this is between you & me, not Kyuhyun!” He walked up to her once again, “I enjoyed my time so much with Stephanie. Now that she’s gone, I had been so lonely.” A sly smile appeared on his lips as he brushed her cheek with the back of his hand, “I just hate playing with my brother’s wives but I have no choice but to do so. Do you mind?” He grunted, smacking his lips upon hers & started the kiss abusively. She closed her lips tightly but was unable to as he parted her jaw with his hands. He slammed her against the wall & started to mold her body up & down with his open palm making her winced. One last devastatingly kiss, Yunho pulled away with an appeasing exhale. He stared down at her face with one little smirk, “You were good.” Patting her right cheek, he let her go & stalked down the hall, hearing the echoes of breathing.

 

Jaejoong stared at her. He stared at her body shaped through the dark, moonless & starless night & he stared as she kneeled down to splashed water onto her face. What he had caused her, he can feel it inside his body. He had been staring at her for thirteen minutes now since he had left the house. Why was she out here when her head was killing her, he’ll never know but whatever she was doing, he will be sure that his eyes are on her securely.

 

He can feel her being weak, though she was never unwillingly to show it in front of him. Such a stubborn brat! Somehow, he felt as if he had known her throughout his whole lifetime. It wasn’t the cause of Hannie. He knew how & when her temper could blow. He knew what goes on within her body system & he knew why she felt that way.

 

She was the multiplication of him, not Hannie.

 

He his lips. Then he smiled a sweet smile. He felt silly somehow. Was it ever so funny to realize that he had fallen in love with his own enemy? Yes, it was. He needed reality & he had gotten it. She had awakened him from his world of loneliness. How was he to thank her? Goodness, he was being crazy. He had fallen in love more than once but they were never like this love. That was a good explanation but it wasn’t enough to let it be shown.

 

He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest while still staring at her in the darkness on the beach. When was he ever able to tell her? ‘Never, you idiot!’ He bit his lips, cursing his mind. He just wanted to keep her safe. His love could wait later on. It can never be too late, could it? He’ll just have to still show her his stiff side. To find the reason was first & to get Yoona to participate with him was never going to work. He should have just let it be but he wasn’t going to let her off that easy. She can’t get any help. He knew Kyuhyun. The man would do anything to stop any trouble heading his way, even if it means to kill his own girlfriend.

 

She turned around then. He cursed, feeling her eyes staring & piercing at him & then his ear burned. She was cursing him again. He walked towards her, killing the fifty yards between them slowly. She looked more than beautiful in the moonlight. She was more than an angel was & never will she belong to herself again. She belongs to him from this instant on.

 

“What are you doing out here? You’re sick.” He declared rigidly.

 

Tiffany snorted, “I thought you said you didn’t care.”

 

His face turned red, “I don’t but just to let you know, Fany, I won’t be responsible if you get any worse.”

 

She turned her back on him, staring up at the empty sky, “My names Tiffany.” Her voice came out in a low tone. He frowned. Was she that sick? “You don’t have to worry. I’m not your responsibility. You can get rid of me whenever you want but remember your words in the beginning, Oppa. You said I could stay under your roof until I want to leave.”

 

His frown deepened, “How did you get out here?”

 

“By the window.” Tiffany whispered, turning around, “If you don’t mind, I would like to be alone.” He didn’t move. She arched a brow. Then her eyes turned hard as he smiled.

 

“It’s beautiful tonight. It’s no wonder you came out here.” He looked back down at her, “But I really think that you should go back inside. The wind is starting to blow & the rain is going to come down any minute now.”

 

Tiffany turned her back on him again, knowing fully well that he wasn’t going to leave just yet. She brushed her hair back, saying “You can go if you want to.” Then taking in a deep breath, she began to walk along the shoreline. Jaejoong frowned & stepped into pace beside her. She took a small glance at him & continued. Hands behind his back, Jaejoong edged closer to her, leaving only half an inch of separation between them.

 

Several times at the corner of his eyes, he would see her tipping up her chin & taking in the wind. She seemed so different tonight. He was sure it wasn’t just the drug from last night. She seemed quiet.

 

His hands began to itch & he’ll be damn if he reach over & take her hand in his! He didn’t want to touch her, knowing fully well that it will lead them to something he couldn’t control. Then she stopped. His brows met in the middle as she turned back to face the ocean as if she was alone by herself. He swallowed, catching the freshness of her pale throat. Why was she doing this to him? Did she remember that he was standing beside her? Or was she doing it on purpose? God dammit!

 

Gulping his saliva down hard, Jaejoong walked to stopped in front of her & glanced down at her closed eyes. What was she doing? She was acting as if the throbbing in her head had suddenly disappeared. He began to reach out for her hands but stopped. She wanted to be alone & he should have left her be when she asked. If he disturbed her now...

 

“Fany.” He whispered huskily.

 

She stood still; then her eyes began to open slowly. So close. He looked down at her lips as it began to part & tremble slightly. He saw her swallow. Was that an invitation? He ignored that question & began to edge closer to her lips. Not just half an inch away from touching those trembling lips, a drop of rain landed on the tip of his nose. He cursed inwardly. Several other raindrops followed.

 

“Come on.” Jaejoong said, under his breath, catching a hold of her right hand. He made a dash for the house. She followed with no difficulties. Not even halfway to the house yet, his clothes were already damp. He brushed his hair back with his free hand. Looking back at her to make sure she was alright, his lips thinned. She was already sick. What now from the rain? Hopefully nothing.

 

Jaejoong climbed up the stepped to the back door, stopping under the roof of the porch. He raked his hair back again, causing water to flake out. Letting out a small breath, he looked up to see her leaning over, catching her breath. Clothes soaked in, you can clearly see the outline of her body shaped. His heart tipped over. Biting his bottom lips, he looked away just as she peered up weakly.

 

“I think you better go in & change. Your headache might get worst.”

 

Tiffany brushed her hair back, letting out a hard sigh from the run, “I’m perfectly fine.” She gulped hard & moved towards the door.

 

“Fany.”

 

“I.” She took in a deep breath, “Haven’t ran for a while now.” He touched her shoulder but only to have her shake him off, “Le...Leave me alone.” She took another huge gulp, turned the doorknob & disappeared with the door closing from behind.

 

Brows narrowed in concern, Jaejoong bit his lips with a sigh. He shouldn’t have done it. He shouldn’t have, ‘Just some more stepped.’ Tiffany told herself, both hands holding onto the rail.

 

She can feel the energy rushing away from her body. Air. She needed air. She needed strength. It was happening again. Why now? She hadn’t felt this kind of feeling since eight months ago & now it was back. It wasn’t the throbbing headache. She couldn’t breath like normal. Losing oxygen. Her heart thumbed hard against her chest. Her blood was rushing fast; then slow; then fast again. She felt the tightening of her lungs. It was squeezing her life away.

 

opened wide, soaking in oxygen. She turned & walked down the hall, the wall supporting her. Feeling the knob of her bedroom door with half closed eyes, Tiffany flung it open & closed it with weak hands. Her wobbly legs walked her over to the drawer. She grabbed anything in the way that can support her weight. Feeling the top of the drawer, she grabbed the cell phone, knocking down her other accessories & then dropping onto the floor restlessly. Her fingers made its way into dialing the number.

 

Tiffany knew she couldn’t save herself this time. The feeling was stronger, deeper & digging so hard into her life but she was never sure. She never was. It was just luck that she had made it up into her room without collapsing yet.

 

“Hey, Ti. What’s up?”


It was such a relief to hear the voice. She opened & insufflated slowly, “I...can’t...breathe.”